✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2012 North America Tour announced!

DavidB5

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed! The best concert I've ever been to was when Coldplay had a GA pit. I got there 4 hours early, and I was front and center. So close that Chris Martin sweat fell on me and my friend (lol) It was an amazing experience, though. I hope they have a pit a some point in their tour again!

So, I was just filling out the presale part, but I just tried the "preferred seating" and entered in the number on the back of my card, and it's saying the password I entered is not in their system. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! :(

Preferred is supposed to be only for gold. platinum, etc. AMEX cardholders. All the rest are under the regular AMEX presale. However, I have in the past cheated and gotten the 'preferred' seats by entering one the customer service numbers (try 8003272177). However, the tickets I got today for Seattle were from the regular AMEX presale and were WAY better (front row aisle next to the stage) than the ones being offered in the preferred AMEX presale (mid-way up lower level sections). It pays to check both! :thumbsup:

Agreed! The best concert I've ever been to was when Coldplay had a GA pit. I got there 4 hours early, and I was front and center. So close that Chris Martin sweat fell on me and my friend (lol) It was an amazing experience, though. I hope they have a pit a some point in their tour again!

Same here. Was front row in a GA pit. Wish they did more of them. The dedicated fans get the better seats. Seems fair. I don't want somebody who's never heard "What If" to get front row seats because they've got a big checkbook.

Preferred is supposed to be only for gold. platinum, etc. AMEX cardholders. All the rest are under the regular AMEX presale. However, I have in the past cheated and gotten the 'preferred' seats by entering one the customer service numbers (try 8003272177). However, the tickets I got today for Seattle were from the regular AMEX presale and were WAY better (front row aisle next to the stage) than the ones being offered in the preferred AMEX presale (mid-way up lower level sections). It pays to check both! :thumbsup:

Ah, thank you for clearing this up! I didn't really find any great seats today, but I'll keep trying all week. If I still don't find anything, I'll just wait until the general sale.

Glad some people got good seats :D. It's such a crapshoot, though...and they should just have bloody GA! *beats a dead horse*

I wish everyone good luck in the general sale...those things aren't easy to stay afloat in these days. Even as recently as a year or so ago it was much easier, but it seems like scalpers have gotten even more advanced. If you don't get lucky there, remember there's always StubHub--some people actually do sell tickets for fair prices on there, especially if you wait a bit.

Anyone have any information about these American Express VIP Packages? Curious to know what the prices are and what they include.

Really, all I want is GA...they better do GA for the Toronto show! Are you guys listening? Pretty please...?? (Blink, blink, smiiiiile)

Yes, you're right, but only for Platinum and Centurian (Black AMEX) cardholders. I called and spoke with the people at AMEX today and got a really helpful guy who explained how it all works. They say everything needs to be paid in full on the actual AMEX or it won't get processed. They are offering VIP packages as well, but not sure how much they are. Probably crazy expensive. They go on sale on Wednesday at the same time.

Apparently the AMEX people get information early and can share it by tomorrow at 6pm with me. I will certainly let you guys know what this concierge Amex lady says when she calls me back tomorrow by 6pm.

I told her all I was in GA tickets! Make it happen!!

I got pretty good seats for the Chicago show! Lower level, seventh row in the aisle by the floor. Should suffice for my first Coldplay show! :)

I'm buying for the Chicago show as well. Best I saw was section 106 (I believe) and it seems dead center but I'm not really sure which set up they will be using. I guess I have a couple of days to decide whether I want to buy in that section or take my chances for buying next Monday.

Finally get to see them live, can't believe it. Got some floor seats thanks to my mom's amex card! Not incredibly close, but can't get any better than that with general sale right?

They better add more cities, that way I can see them twice.

Any other markets have Coldplay concert commercials playing during late night talk shows. I keep seeing one where Paradise plays and shows a piano being blown up in reverse, is that from an alternate version of the Paradise video cause it looks very Hype Williams.

I bought tickets this morning using the AMEX preferred number for Tampa and San Jose. I ended up with 2 floor seats for both, Row 25 in Tampa, and Row 37 in San Jose, both in Sec 3, which is Jonny's side. I just went to stub hub and checked availability for both cities. There is NOTHING available closer than Row 12 in either city, and there is only one listing for that. A few in Row 15-19, but almost all of the tickets available are from row 20 back for both cities. This shows me that anything closer than row 12 was not released. Now, I haven't checked other cities, just those 2, but in general, there are ALWAYS tickets available in all sections on stub hub. Also I'm wondering about the X stage - I didn't look *that* closely, but based on the seating charts on the venue sites, it doesn't look like they've made allowances for the X stage.

I really wish they had done GA :\

Any other markets have Coldplay concert commercials playing during late night talk shows. I keep seeing one where Paradise plays and shows a piano being blown up in reverse, is that from an alternate version of the Paradise video cause it looks very Hype Williams.

Are you talking about this clip, the O2 Priority ad? Love it as well.

Can't wait to get tickets for the Toronto show but hoping that a GA pit ends up being an option! I'm assuming that's a choice influenced by the venue, and not the band's management?

I bought tickets this morning using the AMEX preferred number for Tampa and San Jose. I ended up with 2 floor seats for both, Row 25 in Tampa, and Row 37 in San Jose, both in Sec 3, which is Jonny's side. I just went to stub hub and checked availability for both cities. There is NOTHING available closer than Row 12 in either city, and there is only one listing for that. A few in Row 15-19, but almost all of the tickets available are from row 20 back for both cities. This shows me that anything closer than row 12 was not released. Now, I haven't checked other cities, just those 2, but in general, there are ALWAYS tickets available in all sections on stub hub. Also I'm wondering about the X stage - I didn't look *that* closely, but based on the seating charts on the venue sites, it doesn't look like they've made allowances for the X stage.

I really wish they had done GA :\

Hey, we're going to the Tampa show as well! Cool, maybe we'll see ya there. I'm very new to the this online community, but enjoying it already. I live in Orlando, and scored row 30 Section 2 (middle) seats 1 and 2 which are isle.