✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX, USA

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My shaky video of the whole BTF/MX/HLH awesomeness.

Sorry for the shakiness... it's hard to stay still during all of that!

Edit: Sorry, I've forgotten how to embed the video... if someone can remind me, I'll fix it. thx.

That's super!

You're welcome! Glad you liked them!

Wish I had enough room to record the whole show, but I was running out of space due to the fact I take tons of pics of my son.

Next time I'll make sure to devote a whole card to it...especially now that I see how easy it is to take video with my Lumix...sorry folks I'm a little bit slow on technology but I'm learning! I'm more of a picture takin' kind of gal...you know old school.

:P

That's awesome footage! I was too damn excited to hand the camera still. :lol:

And also yeah his Dunder Mifflin Shirt is freaking awesome! I didn't notice it till I was looking at the pictures later. Lol! Shame on me!

Lol. They're :awesome: in my books!

Before the show, I had really tried to steer clear from setlist postings and detailed reviews, because I wanted to retain an element of surprise for myself. I did know basically which songs they'd be playing, but not in what order, and I'm glad I'd kind of kept myself from memorizing the setlist, like I'd done for the Viva shows. I loved the confetti and balloons for In My Place and Lovers and Japan, the latter of which remains one of my favorite songs to hear live. I loved how they re-arranged Yellow, with Chris starting out alone on the piano; it was beautiful. I also love the new arrangement of GPASUYF with the building lead-in and Will just going crazy on the drums. But the highlights of the night for me were probably the absolutely gorgeous Warning Sign, which I'd never heard live before, and the acoustic version of Speed of Sound. I was so happy to hear them play it, since it was completely left out of the VLV tour, and that version was really lovely.

Though our seats were far from perfect, we still had a really great view, and did really get to enjoy the light and stage show in all its glory. The lasers during Don't Let it Break Your Heart, and of course, Clocks were very cool. I also noticed big inflatable (I think) MX symbols positioned at different stairwells during DLIBYH. They were huge, and all lit-up, but the only one I could really make out from where I was was the Paradise butterfly. The others just looked like non-descript blobs from the angle I had. It was pretty cool, but it seemed kind of odd that they were only out for that one song, and that they weren't more scattered throughout the arena. From what I could tell, they were only in the 300 level... which now that I think about it is kind of cool... the guys' way of saying "hi" to us way up in the "cheap seats". ;)

As with everything you don't want to end, the show passed so quickly, and before I knew it, we were dancing around to Every Teardrop is a Waterfall. At the end of the night, the crowd was euphoric, the guys had sounded absolutely amazing- including Chris' voice, which was pretty much perfect- and I had a huge smile on my face. Though I wish I could have been there for the second Dallas show the following night, and the 2 shows in Houston, I am so thrilled I was there at all, and am so, so impressed with the show Coldplay put on. I think it'll be hard for them to top it going forward, but I can't wait to see them try!

I have a few not-so-good pictures and some shaky (couldn't stop dancing!) videos, that I'll try to post soon. :)

I did the same thing with the setlist. I forced myself to stop paying attention to what was being played. Of course, I knew what they would play, but like you, was surprised with the order. It helped give (some) surprise for the night!

My friends who were with me kept saying, "Oh, I hope they play _____ tonight!". Of course, these were songs like Yellow, The Scientist, etc. so I had to reassure them they'd be played. :lol:

I noticed the MX symbols at the stairwells towards the end of the songs. They were actually really cool! I wish they stayed longer, though.

Great review! Well-written, too.

^Thanks!

yeah, I decided I wanted to be a little surprised this time around. I had checked earlier in the tour, and happened to see a show where they didn't play LIJ, so I wasn't expecting it, so I was actually pleasantly surprised to hear it in Dallas.

^Thanks!

yeah, I decided I wanted to be a little surprised this time around. I had checked earlier in the tour, and happened to see a show where they didn't play LIJ, so I wasn't expecting it, so I was actually pleasantly surprised to hear it in Dallas.

Lovers in Japan was what I was waiting for for a very long time. :p

Here are some videos I've uploaded so far. I was going to upload Charlie Brown, but for some odd reason, I can't upload it to iPhoto from my iPhone. :sad:

Anyways, videos. Ignore my voice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rPwzqeVWgc&feature=plcp]"Speed of Sound" Coldplay - American Airlines Center (June 22, 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlBdnm4NG0A&feature=context-chv]"Lovers in Japan" Coldplay - American Airlines Center (June 22, 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1HcL9qx5GU&feature=context-chv]"Lovers in Japan" (2) Coldplay - American Airlines Center (June 22, 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcHS_T6JUJQ&feature=context-chv]"Paradise" Coldplay - American Airlines Center (June 22, 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
Is not the same.. :(

What isn't the same ? It says the same date in Dallas in the link, or is that wrong ?

I don't know any more than you about that alleged IEM recording from Tokyo. Maybe it would be worth to try and purchase it from Japan, but not sure if it is an actual IEM....