✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[22-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX, USA

I was wearing my U2 shirt too! You can see me on page 31.

And some people in Dallas are just snobs. I was born and raised here so I'm allowed to say that. They always show up fashionably late and wear clothing like they are going clubing to pick up guys/girls. It's always been that way. I don't get it either. Plus too, most of the folks on the lower level are season ticket holders to Mavs/Stars games...so in fact most of them are rich snobs that don't know a single word to their songs. It's all about going to the show to say that you were there. Going to a concert at the AAC is all about status. The folks up in the rafters were more normal and were mostly made up of real fans. Now if the show had been at Starplex (outdoor pavilion)...most of the people that go there are more normal...basically wouldn't find the rich snobs there because they'll get all sweaty and stinky.

And U2 will always be #1 in my heart, but Coldplay did beat them visually.

I'm 100% with you on the AAC. I don't like to watch concerts there because nobody really gets into the show and they hardly know the lyrics! I MUCH prefer Superpages.com Center at fair park

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt it. The best chance of reliving the experience is probably going to be the DVD/Blu-Ray they put out later (hence the #coldplayfilm on the xylobands)

I think I remember seeing you two somewhere in the venue. Both of y'all look like two of my friends.

I think I remember seeing you two somewhere in the venue. Both of y'all look like two of my friends.

Coldplaying is such a small world, I swear haha. We were 118 row R and came in that entrance so if you were anywhere near there then you may have seen us.

To be fair, I saw U2 after their latest album, which I didn't really like at all, and they played a lot of songs from it when I saw them.

WOW! Lots of U2 fans in here all of the sudden...I thought I was the only die hard U2 fan in here. :D

Now to clear up the confusion...I totally agree with you about the U2 show at Cowboys Stadium wasn't good...it was awful compared to the other 5 shows I saw on the tour...actually after seeing U2 10 times, that was the worst show by far. If you saw that show, I feel so sorry for all the U2 fans that only saw them in Arlington...it was not a good indicator of the tour as a whole. The first leg of the US tour back in 2009 was rough, but I went to the Houston show two nights later and it was better. A few days later I went to the Norman, Oklahoma show, and it was one of the second best shows I'd seen from them. Then in 2011 for their last leg, I saw them in Denver and Anaheim 1 and 2, and they just brought me to tears through half of the show each night...plus too they played a lot of tunes off of Achtung Baby because the box set was released last year for it's 20th anniversary.

And I understand that NLOTH is hard to digest, but it's not an album to pop into your car and go down the road with...it's a thinking album...more of an album you turn on in your living room and kick back in your lounge chair. It was their "experimental" album.

Right now they are working with Danger Mouse, and it could go in any wild direction...but the main thing is that "The Edge is on Fire!" according to Bono...and when he says that...it's a good thing. And too the next tour is guaranteed to be in arenas...they've already said...so it will be all about the music again and I can't wait!

If there's any bootleg that stands out the most is U2's last live show in Moncton...just amazing! It was even listed in Rollingtone Stone. Here's a link to the entire show...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zHB9i6qW58&feature=plcp]2011-07-30 U2360° Live From Moncton [Multicam Entire Show, Directed By Mek] - YouTube[/ame]

For me Coldplay won't beat my U2 show last year, but seeing Coldplay last year was better than the 2009 U2 leg.

that being said I love No Line

I'm probably biased cause U2 is number but of course Coldplay is close behind

I'm right there with ya!

U2 will always be #1 and Coldplay will be #2...and I mean by a very very close margin. If U2 hangs it up, I'll put Coldplay in front. I just can't afford to see two bands all over the place...especially since U2 has been getting more and more expensive to stay with lately...but that's a whole other story.

WOW! Lots of U2 fans in here all of the sudden...I thought I was the only die hard U2 fan in here. :D

Now to clear up the confusion...I totally agree with you about the U2 show at Cowboys Stadium wasn't good...it was awful compared to the other 5 shows I saw on the tour...actually after seeing U2 10 times, that was the worst show by far. If you saw that show, I feel so sorry for all the U2 fans that only saw them in Arlington...it was not a good indicator of the tour as a whole. The first leg of the US tour back in 2009 was rough, but I went to the Houston show two nights later and it was better. A few days later I went to the Norman, Oklahoma show, and it was one of the second best shows I'd seen from them. Then in 2011 for their last leg, I saw them in Denver and Anaheim 1 and 2, and they just brought me to tears through half of the show each night...plus too they played a lot of tunes off of Achtung Baby because the box set was released last year for it's 20th anniversary.

And I understand that NLOTH is hard to digest, but it's not an album to pop into your car and go down the road with...it's a thinking album...more of an album you turn on in your living room and kick back in your lounge chair. It was their "experimental" album.

Right now they are working with Danger Mouse, and it could go in any wild direction...but the main thing is that "The Edge is on Fire!" according to Bono...and when he says that...it's a good thing. And too the next tour is guaranteed to be in arenas...they've already said...so it will be all about the music again and I can't wait!

If there's any bootleg that stands out the most is U2's last live show in Moncton...just amazing! It was even listed in Rollingtone Stone. Here's a link to the entire show...

yea I've watched that show a lot on youtube. :lol:

I'm getting really worried about U2 at the moment. really a ghosttown on the forums

Well that explains it! Haha.

Haha she loved the concert almost more than I did, which is impressive considering how freaking obsessed I am with this band. It was her first time seeing them though, so of course that'll help.

Haha she loved the concert almost more than I did, which is impressive considering how freaking obsessed I am with this band. It was her first time seeing them though, so of course that'll help.

That's awesome to hear! There was a young couple in front of us. The guy was really into it, but the girl seemed to not really enjoy much except their big, older hits.

That's awesome to hear! There was a young couple in front of us. The guy was really into it, but the girl seemed to not really enjoy much except their big, older hits.

That was my fear going into the concert, but she ended up getting really into it, so I was really glad.

Hell she LOVED Robyn too (I preferred Wolf Gang)

lol, i didn't mean to start a U2 vs coldplay flamewar! :-)

I saw U2 last summer on the 360 tour at the Meadowlands. Don't get me wrong; it was an awesome show, and I loved every bit of it. (I've also been a huge fan since college in the late 80s, and saw them on the Elevation tour at the AAC.) We were in the nose-bleed seats behind the stage for U2, so maybe that has an effect on my comparison, but I felt more a part of the coldplay show. I just felt like there was way more energy at the coldplay concert. (of course, just my $.02!)

-Joe