✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-May-2012] Coldplay @ Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jenjie

I was in the 2nd row right in front of Chris on the stage where they played "Speed of Sound". I was the girl who wore the pink and blue feather in my hair. Chris was very good looking with nice smooth skin. The whole band was very good looking, better looking than their publicity photos. I was very excited and happy. They sounded real good. I would like to hear from anyone who went there.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Fixed :)

thank you!

so my sad story from this concert is when my battery died towards the end of the show before i could record Paradise, Us Against the World(my favorite from mylo xyloto), Speed of Sound, and Fix You, which are some of my many favorites. still had fun nevertheless. AWESOME FROM BEGINNING TO END! viva coldplay!

That was awesome and I was just waiting for Chris martin to say something about it, then he did! Were you the only one involved with this and how many glow sticks did you pass out? It looked awesome!

Yes, it was only me. My next challenge will be try to spell out "Coldplay Rocks" in the crowd

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/461166_10101350021772404_6316351_43577568_190523380_o.jpg

461166_10101350021772404_6316351_43577568_190523380_o.jpg

Before one of the songs Chris dedicated it to a person named Elizabeth. Does anyone know who that is?

She was just some fan in the crowd in the second row near the center and I think she asked him to dedicate it to her or something and he did and of course she screamed and flailed. :)

Concert Review: Coldplay lights up the stage, using Xylobands to involve audience

"99 Problems” blasted from the speakers at the Hollywood Bowl, and the audience turned toward the stage, anxious to see if Jay-Z was going to walk out with a microphone. Screens flashed, telling audience members to put on the wristbands they were handed upon entry. The lights went out. The wristbands started blinking.

Yes, this was Coldplay’s welcome to the stage at the May 2 Los Angeles show for the Mylo Xyloto tour, and it set the tone for the entire performance: high energy, adrenaline filled, pulse-pounding entertainment. Simply put, a rush of blood to the head.

For those who have never attended a Coldplay concert, it is quite possibly one of the most enjoyably exhausting experiences of a lifetime.

Watching Chris Martin, the lead singer, jump around on-stage for 90 minutes could make concert-goers tired for him. But he appeared unfazed, staying true to the motto he stated at the beginning of the show: that the audience has taken the time and effort to come see the band, and for that they deserve to see the band at its best. It didn’t disappoint.

The show, which was as much designed for the as it was for the ears, featured pyrotechnics and neon lights on stage. Laser beams flashed over smoke released from the sides of the amphitheater, creating the illusion of clouds moving above the audience’s heads. Inspired by graffiti and street art, many songs were accompanied by projected images, giving the appearance of graffiti being drawn on the dome of the Hollywood Bowl stage, reminiscent of the “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall” music video.

Perhaps the most inspiring part of the show, however, was the Xylobands given to each of the audience members when they entered the concert venue. A simple grosgrain wristband that, upon activation, lit up and flashed in pitch black, creating a sea of color. The bands were programmed to serve as accompaniment to the music.

Not only did the Xylobands make for a visual display but also created a sense of audience involvement, making audience members feel as though they were up on stage next to the band; a true part of the show. The sheer anticipation of the bracelets lighting up built a powerful energy in the stands.

Beyond the consuming imagery that had an almost transporting quality, the showmanship was equally impressive. Though songs are always a little altered live compared to the recorded album, there was no attempt by the band to eliminate some of the more challenging parts of their music.

Martin hit the high notes in “Up in Flames” perfectly, played piano beautifully for “The Scientist” and even took on the guitar for “God Put a Smile Upon Your Face.” Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland and Will Champion all backed the lead singer with the same intensity one feels when listening to the band’s music on an iPod.

With no shortage of thrills, these guys know how to put on a show.

link

Yes, it was only me. My next challenge will be try to spell out "Coldplay Rocks" in the crowd

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/461166_10101350021772404_6316351_43577568_190523380_o.jpg

I was down in the Garden boxes, and when Chris noticed and commented, we all looked up. Amazing effect! Very cool of you to think of it and manage to pull it off!

That is amazing! Next time they're around and you go to the concert and plan on doing something, let me know if you need any help! I would love to be a part of helping out with something like that. I've always wanted to get involved and do something like this to get the audience involved :)

461166_10101350021772404_6316351_43577568_190523380_o.jpg

During the song Yellow, an entire section of the crowd were holding up yellow glow sticks :) It was an awesome execution! I wish I would have been all the way at the bottom to see the effect though...

I still can't figure out what happened, someone please explain?

How is Princess of China translating? How are they performing it without Rhianna?

Like this:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPMqpsOpVMI[/ame]

(Hollywood Bowl, 1 May 2012)

During the song Yellow, an entire section of the crowd were holding up yellow glow sticks :) It was an awesome execution! I wish I would have been all the way at the bottom to see the effect though...

I was at the bottom and looking up, it was so cool to see! Chris even mentioned it.

• 2 months later...