✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-May-2012] Coldplay @ Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jenjie

cant believe they did speed of sound

chris said on howard stern that he HATES that song and cant stand playing it

howard suggested they change the song up in concert so that he doesnt hate it anymore and chris said he wouldnt even bother because theres way better songs he can play instead lol

i read somewhere they played it once in 2011 overseas and before that hadnt played it since 2009

sadly i doubt they do it 2 shows in a row, i hope they play it on friday but wont hold my breath

ive been DYING to hear them play TROUBLE live, theyve never done it at any shows ive gone to.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMGOMG. i was in sec S and got a seat upgrade. i was basically 6 rows from almost being last row. but a Coldplay roadie saw me in my Viva jacket and gave me and my mom tickets to ROW 2. so i went from being almost to the back to being in the front! the show was just AMAZING. even more than last night and i'm not just saying that because of the upgrade! the boys seemed to have more energy! it was so great to hear Speed of Sound! i really liked it this time around. during the Viva tour i got the opportunity to hear them play it live, but this acoustic version was better! anyways toward the end i made sure i stayed trying to get a pick (Jonny gave like 3-4 girls one), but i at least got a setlist!!! on a side note i met Janice Dickinson walking on the way out of the venue. and Pau Gasol was like 15 rows behind me! overall a night i will never forget!

Wow! That's great! I'm going this Friday too! Can't wait!

Well, I don't know when I first got to the pool side and gave my ticket they switched it with a closer seat, they changed everyone's seat in the pool circle I believe and then like I said, the security guard let me go in the front row and it was the best! Every time Chris came to sing by Guy or further to his side he was right in front of me!!!! It was amazing!

Wow! We got ticket at the pool circle but it's on the side row # 6. I wish we will get to move closer to the stage like you too!

Coldplay, Metronomy, The Pierces @ Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood 5/2/2012

Coldplay’s domination of Southern California continued as they are in the midst of an impressive run of three sold out nights at the historic Hollywood Bowl in support of their album Mylo Xyloto. Fireworks, lasers, confetti, neon glowing wristbands and a twenty-one song setlist enthralled the capacity crowd. Some of the many highlights included the massive sing-along to “Viva La Vida,” Coldplay running halfway up the Bowl to play “Us Against The World and “Speed of Sound” and Chris Martin’s quick shout out to Gwyneth Paltrow before “Clocks.” It was also commendable to see that Coldplay reserved the first three rows and randomly upgraded die-hard fans when they walked into the venue. Metronomy dazzled with their synthesizer heavy tunes and The Pierces wooed the crowd with their dashing looks and songs.

link

Photos

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8905-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8700-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY1496-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY1500-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY1321-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY1603-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY1520-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY1573-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY1963-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY2022-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY1352-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY2410-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY1366-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY2504-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8646-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8688-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8691-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8768-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8787-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8814-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8820-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8835-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8958-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8847-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY9241-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8971-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8870-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY8897-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY9034-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY9105-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY9140-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY9155-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY9215-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY9393-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY1833-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY9419-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY9520-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY9649-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY9718-608x404.jpg

coldplay-hollywood_bowl_ACY2637-608x404.jpg

"Best $2k I Ever Spent!" Coldplay Lights Up The Hollywood Bowl

We know we haven't always been all that nice to Coldplay in the past. They're a big, broad band that always goes for the emotional kill shot, and we'll absolutely concede that, at times, we've found ourselves annoyed with them. But we also believe that these things are largely a matter of context, and so after they played their second of three shows at the Hollywood Bowl last night, a dazzling, special effects laden tour de force that left pretty much every attendee breathless, we'll happily admit that Coldplay was pretty much born to rock the Bowl in a way that few bands can these days. We suspect that after you see these choice Instagrams from last night's show, you'll agree.

link

Photos

link

no! i mean row two in the pool! i was pool D. they told me they give the tickets they take to the volunteers. so i'll probably get one of those tickets on friday when i volunteer :lol:

Do you know how people can volunteer? Do you just show up there? Or do you have to fill out something?

I've never been close to a band in a concert before so if someone helped me out that would be fantastic :heart:

Speed Of Sound/Clocks

Speed of Sound! Not one of my favourites, but I love that they're trying new things.

Second chorus was a lot better than the first. :lol:. I like it if he sings it in full voice.

4:03 "Gwyneth Paltrow" :wacky:

Was she there?

Do you know how people can volunteer? Do you just show up there? Or do you have to fill out something?

I've never been close to a band in a concert before so if someone helped me out that would be fantastic :heart:

well i meant that they took my original tickets. and gave me row 2. so the volunteers get the far away tickets. occasionally i've heard of them giving volunteers close tickets but not often. and yes you have to fill out a form with oxfam. i'm not sure if you can volunteer for anything besides oxfam.

http://www.oxfamamerica.org/whatyoucando/take-action/music-outreach/concert-application

HB Pics of Guy?

these are all great pics everyone's been taking at the HB concerts, but has anyone taken any pics of Guy? He's my favorite and i'd love to see pics of him playing.

i was at the Seattle concert but didn't get tickets for his side of the stage so didn't get any great shots of him.