19 Clocks

20 Fix You

21 Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

namerica.jpg

North American tour announced

8 December 2011 11:59 am

21 dates in America and Canada for 2012

news_line.png

Good morning. We are very pleased to announce that Coldplay will head to North America in 2012 for a string of shows in the USA and Canada.

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, 17 December at 10am (local time) from 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Before that, you can use any American Express card to purchase advance tickets, from Monday, 12 December, at 10am (local time) until Friday, 16 December, at 10pm (local time). The advance AMEX tickets will be available from here for all shows except Portland (here) and Houston (here). NB: The tickets for the two LA Bowl shows will not go on sale until January 2012.

Here is the full list of shows announced so far:

APRIL

17 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place

18 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome

20 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena

24 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena

25 Seattle, WA KeyArena

27 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

MAY

1 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

2 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

JUNE

22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center

25 Houston, TX Toyota Center

28 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum

29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena

JULY

2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena

5 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center

8 Washington, DC Verizon Center

23 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

26 Montreal, QC Bell Centre

29 Boston, MA TD Garden

AUGUST

3 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center

7 Chicago, IL United Center (On sale 19 Dec)

11 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

Anchorman

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon, 01/09/12 10:00 AM PST

American Express

Start: Wed, 01/04/12 10:00 AM PST

End: Sun, 01/08/12 10:00 PM PST

LN / Radio / Venue Presales

Start: Fri, 01/06/12 10:00 AM PST

End: Sun, 01/08/12 10:00 PM PST

VIP Packages

Start: Mon, 01/09/12 10:00 AM PST

End: Wed, 05/02/12 03:30 PM PDT

American Express VIP Packages

Start: Tue, 01/04/11 10:00 AM PST

End: Wed, 01/05/11 10:00 PM PST

Standard ticket prices:

US $49.50 - US $150.00

US $49.50 Ticket + US $11.50 Fees = US $61.00

US $150.00 Ticket + US $17.35 Fees = US $167.35

VIP prices have not been announced yet. Yikes.

• 2 weeks later...
how do we do the AMEX presale?

It will ask for the "code" which is just the 800 customer service number on the back of your card. Thought there is a Live Nation presale on Friday, but I never get emails from them even though I've signed up many times...

Haven't bought mine yet! What kind of seats have you guys gotten already? I checked earlier but didn't find anything I liked. I'm counting on the general sale to find great pool or garden seats. *Fingers Crossed*

Looks like Pool Circle and Garden Terrace are the seats they are selling as part of the VIP packages. We got row 6 in Garden for the VIP Tour package. Someone else got Pool as part of the VIP Party package. I got Terrace for May 1 ($167) and Garden for May 2 (VIP Tour).

Looks like Pool Circle and Garden Terrace are the seats they are selling as part of the VIP packages. We got row 6 in Garden for the VIP Tour package. Someone else got Pool as part of the VIP Party package. I got Terrace for May 1 ($167) and Garden for May 2 (VIP Tour).

You're so lucky that you're going to both shows! I am insanely jealous of you! I have a previous engagement that does not enable me to attend both but I am hoping they add another date in California, no matter what venue! Again *fingers crossed* !

NOTHING IS COMING UP FOR MAY 2ND GUYS :(

Nothing is coming up for ANY of the 3 shows. I did get one to come up for May 4, but it looks like the tickets are all gone already due to the presales. There are thousands of tickets available on stubhub though. :o

• 3 months later...

Live Nation Sues to Stop Sales of Unofficial Coldplay Souvenirs at Hollywood Bowl Shows

Live National has filed trademark infringement papers against 11 defendants likely to sell unauthorized merchandise at the venue.

The concert company behind next week's Coldplay shows at the Hollywood Bowl is asking a federal judge to outlaw sales of counterfeit band T-shirts and other merchandise in the area.

Live Nation Merchandise Inc., a unit of the concert company created by the 2010 merger of Ticketmaster and Live Nation, filed trademark infringement papers against 11 unidentified defendants in connection with unauthorized souvenirs likely to be sold near the venue where the British band is set to perform May 1, 2 and 4.

In the complaint, Beverly Hills-based Live Nation contends that unlicensed T-shirts, hats and jerseys bearing Coldplay's trademarks are usually of such poor quality that they could damage the company's reputation.

Live Nation wants U.S. District Judge Audrey B. Collins to order that "the state police, local police or local deputy sheriffs, off-duty officers of the same, and any person acting under their supervision" shall "seize and impound any and all infringing merchandise bearing any or all of the group Coldplay's trademarks."

The order would be in effect six hours before and after any performance of the band within a 10-mile vicinity of venues where Coldplay is performing on its current tour.

Live Nation also seeks damages, litigation costs and attorney fees.

link

Not sure if the one that was given to you will still work because I'm not sure how long the battery lasts once it has been activated, but they are radio controlled only at the shows. They only turn on when prompted to...or you can take it apart and try to figure out what triggers the signal. :P

Not sure if the one that was given to you will still work because I'm not sure how long the battery lasts once it has been activated, but they are radio controlled only at the shows. They only turn on when prompted to...or you can take it apart and try to figure out what triggers the signal. :P

The old xylobands won't work during the new tour, either...can't wait to get new ones!