✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-May-2012] Coldplay @ Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jenjie

so i am going to be at the concert on the 4th... where do you guys reccomend me parking to avoid the traffic after the concert?

I did the park and ride shuttle and highly recommend it. The traffic around the concert and going into LA is terrible. Also, if you park at the Bowl it is stacked parking and it looked like there were 5-6 cars parked in a row, so you have to wait for everyone in front of you to leave before you can pull out. The Park and Ride goes from several cities in the area, or you can do the bowl shuttle from 3 sites closer to the Bowl. Look at the Hollywood Bowl website for locations and details.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good question. although the traffic is always a mess! i parked at the hollywood and highland lot.

Im actually volunteering with Oxfam again and I'm going to be there early. I would like to kinda get 1st dibs on where to park my car.

I volunteered for the San Jose show last saturday and I was the 1st parked car to the closest exit at the back of the pavillion. I literally drove straight out and to the freeway in like 30 seconds!...

I did the park and ride shuttle and highly recommend it. The traffic around the concert and going into LA is terrible. Also, if you park at the Bowl it is stacked parking and it looked like there were 5-6 cars parked in a row, so you have to wait for everyone in front of you to leave before you can pull out. The Park and Ride goes from several cities in the area, or you can do the bowl shuttle from 3 sites closer to the Bowl. Look at the Hollywood Bowl website for locations and details.

yeah, ive read to NOT park in the HB parking. ill look up the shuttle services. maybei can park my car close to a free way and hitch a ride with a stranger for a quick 10$?

Im actually volunteering with Oxfam again and I'm going to be there early. I would like to kinda get 1st dibs on where to park my car.

I volunteered for the San Jose show last saturday and I was the 1st parked car to the closest exit at the back of the pavillion. I literally drove straight out and to the freeway in like 30 seconds!...

oh that's cool! i'm volunteering too! it will be my first time :D

Edit: i also saw some type of park and ride near the bowl. like literally right under the freeway. i think it's free so since we have to be there at 3. i think there is a chance we could get a spot there!

oh that's cool! i'm volunteering too! it will be my first time :D

right on...it'll be a good time, we had a blast on this tour and the viva tour. whats ur name, that way it wont be as awkward? hahaa

nice to sorta meet you! and will do see you tomorrow.

HEYYY I see you two have met, erick and duran! lol.... :) I was suppose to volunteer tomorrow but Soha said they overbooked and since I've been to like 4 already this tour, someone else gets to have my spot :) I'm planning to still buy a ticket though! Hopefully I can still try to get one. My seats weren't that bad for the two nights I went...I got promenade 3, sections N for night one and section M for night two. So good luck to y'all!

I figured Speed Of Sound would be the video most people would want to see right away so it's the first one I uploaded. Sorry about the quality; YouTube is still processing it so it's gonna take a little while until it's full quality. More videos on the way...

EDIT: Not much to add that hasn't already been said. Show was amazing, and the MX songs were much more polished than when I heard them back in August. LA crowds usually suck, so by LA standards especially this one was exceptional.

Thanks for sharing - Speed of Sound is one of my favorites - sounds brilliant. Hope this is in the playlist for whenever they shoot their live DVD/Blu-Ray!

Jason

Thanks for sharing - Speed of Sound is one of my favorites - sounds brilliant. Hope this is in the playlist for whenever they shoot their live DVD/Blu-Ray!

Jason

Theory: Weren't there a couple of different tracks on the CD that came with Live 2003? Maybe there will be another CD with the new DVD that has a couple of other tracks. Wishful thinking, but it's possible!:)

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LcOPJslosI[/ame]

Here's my Speed of Sound video - it started out good, but then the guy next to me started singing loudly so I had to move my camera a few times, and it got a little shaky.

Thank you! Also, how do you find the road crew? Getting a seat upgrade would be great, but I also just want to find them just to talk to them and learn what their lives are like. I've read a few people on here meeting them and them giving them upgraded tickets, but tickets aside, how do you find them? Does mentioning Coldplaying give you an "in"? :)

Thank you! Also, how do you find the road crew? Getting a seat upgrade would be great, but I also just want to find them just to talk to them and learn what their lives are like. I've read a few people on here meeting them and them giving them upgraded tickets, but tickets aside, how do you find them? Does mentioning Coldplaying give you an "in"? :)

You can't really meet their crew at the show because they are busy working. A tip for upgrades, do NOT approach the crew when you see them and ask for an upgrade. That is a definite no. Just be enthusiastic, wear Coldplay shirts, be happy to just be at the show.

The crew are there to work. THey're very busy, and usually stressed the closer it gets to show time. If you're lucky enough to see one of them, be polite and don't waste their time. I'm told they're great to fans if they run into them, but not if they chase them.

If you're lucky enough to be at the front when they're setting up for Coldplay's set, saying hello and asking nicely might get you a pick or a drumstick.

Matt McGinn goes into detail about how to interact with the crew if you meet them. His book Roadie: My Life On The Road With Coldplay is amazing. Good luck and have fun!:D

Hi everyone! Here are a couple more of my videos from last night (someone already posted my Speed of Sound/Clocks vid). :D I was able to record the majority of the show, but I'm not sure if I'll upload everything because YouTube is being incredibly slow for me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yht92IwgGuA&feature=relmfu]Coldplay- Hollywood Bowl 5.2.12 Major Minus - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llT5VYv059g&feature=relmfu]Coldplay Hollywood Bowl 5.2.12- Yellow - YouTube[/ame]