✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[29-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ TD Garden, Boston, MA, USA

Jenjie

namerica.jpg

North American tour announced

8 December 2011 11:59 am

21 dates in America and Canada for 2012

news_line.png

Good morning. We are very pleased to announce that Coldplay will head to North America in 2012 for a string of shows in the USA and Canada.

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday, 17 December at 10am (local time) from 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Before that, you can use any American Express card to purchase advance tickets, from Monday, 12 December, at 10am (local time) until Friday, 16 December, at 10pm (local time). The advance AMEX tickets will be available from here for all shows except Portland (here) and Houston (here). NB: The tickets for the two LA Bowl shows will not go on sale until January 2012.

Here is the full list of shows announced so far:

APRIL

17 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place

18 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome

20 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena

24 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena

25 Seattle, WA KeyArena

27 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose

MAY

1 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

2 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl (On sale 9 Jan)

JUNE

22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center

25 Houston, TX Toyota Center

28 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum

29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena

JULY

2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena

5 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center

8 Washington, DC Verizon Center

23 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

26 Montreal, QC Bell Centre

29 Boston, MA TD Garden

AUGUST

3 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center

7 Chicago, IL United Center (On sale 19 Dec)

11 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center

Anchorman

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay returns to Boston. It's like they never left.

6a00d8341cb89153ef0162fd8a5dcf970d-200wi

Coldplay returns to Boston. It's like they never left.

Coldplay returns to Boston next July 29 for a gig at the TD Garden. It's part of a North American tour announced today and kicking off in Edmonton in April, in support of their debuted-at-No.-1 "Mylo Xyloto" album. Yes, they're coming back, but you're forgiven if you haven't exactly been missing them.

Adele and Lady Gaga can try, but no one has matched the ubiquity of Coldplay's music in this century. Briefly an underdog critical favorite, they're now everyband for the masses, sonic wallpaper lining our Starbucks world. I was at a church Christmas fair the other day, browsing a friend's photographs, and when some girl sat down at the piano in the corner to amuse herself, it was "Clocks" she picked out on the 88s. Of course. I just googled "I hate Coldplay" and got 23,000,000 results. That sort of backlash is inevitable these days of course. But who can really hear anything new that Coldplay does now, what with "Clocks" and "The Scientist" and "Yellow" and ten more soundalike hits rattling around in our brains - no, wait, it's not an ear worm, that girl's actually playing it. They're the band so popular that nobody listens to them anymore. Kind of a melancholy place to be, when you think about it.

But that doesn't mean the show won't sell out. An American Express cardholder presale for tix begins Monday at 10 am; sales to the general public begin Dec. 17 at 10 am. Tickets are available at 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. The band will also be seen on "Austin City Limits" on PBS on New Year's Eve.

http://boston.com/community/blogs/hub_arts/2011/12/coldplay_returns_to_boston_its.html

I got floor seats during presale. :awesome:

Lol I saw that.. how did you manage that?

Nonetheless I still feel like there will be more open for the actual sale...

IDK how much I wanna spend on tickets this tour.. Maybe I'll just try for some good ones away from the stage.. But... it's so good close :(

Well I tried again for the presale today and had no luck with good tix. All ones they gave me were up in the 300 sections, one parrellel to the stage, the others were all the way down the other end. I know there are going to be more tix tomorrow but I cant get to a computer at 10. I had to swallow my pride and just pay for them at stub hub, but I got section 316(center ice) front row for 168 each, (after charges 188 each) but I know it will be worth it. Also going with 3 others that are coldplay virgins so it should be a good time. Good luck getting your tickets tomorrow.

I had the same seats a couple year ago for ACDC, and they were great view even from up there

Well I tried again for the presale today and had no luck with good tix. All ones they gave me were up in the 300 sections, one parrellel to the stage, the others were all the way down the other end. I know there are going to be more tix tomorrow but I cant get to a computer at 10. I had to swallow my pride and just pay for them at stub hub, but I got section 316(center ice) front row for 168 each, (after charges 188 each) but I know it will be worth it. Also going with 3 others that are coldplay virgins so it should be a good time. Good luck getting your tickets tomorrow.

I had the same seats a couple year ago for ACDC, and they were great view even from up there

all right. i know what i am going to do. i am going to tell my dad to wake up @ 10, and buy the tickets. i know what is going to be under the christmas tree this year!

• 1 month later...

Hi there ! In July i'm going to be in Boston to do a summer session. I'm already going to see Coldplay twice in France but why not try to see Coldplay in Boston too ?

As i'm French I don't know how TicketmasterUS works, so I have a couple of questions before buying a ticket:

1. If I bought my ticket, when will I receive it ? I know that TicketmasterUK sends tickets 1 or 2 weeks before the event so this would not work for me. Can I print them or collect them at the venue ?

2. Is there any standing area like we have in Europe ? Because that's where I want to be and on Ticketmaster it seems to have seat locations everywhere, including on the floor.

Thanks a lot for your help, I hope to be there with you too !

• 1 month later...