✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[7-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ United Center, Chicago, IL, USA

Jenjie

Woo hoo! Getting on a plane tomorrow and meeting up with Row (coming from England!) to go with me to the concert! SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to it!

:D:D:D

Have a safe trip!!! Hope to see all of you there!!!! :D :D :D

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what row the catwalk portion of the stage extends to? Basically, if you are in the first row of Sec 2, how far from the actual stage are you?

Mark

The X extends out about half way across the arena. But Chris is out there a lot.

And even though you are far back, there won't be anything blocking your view.

A nice mini-tour of Chicago via On tour wth Coldplay ‏@oxfamontour. Can I go back to Chicago now please?

Harry potter like world in Chicago

?size=l

Houses of parliament in Chicago? Am I in London?

?size=l

My feet hit Lake Michigan

?size=l

My feet also go to North Bridge, Chicago

?size=l

I want to take this camperator on tour. Replace all the buses and give the crew one each? It might take us w

?size=l

TUNES & TIX: Coldplay through the (un)danger zone (Chicago preview)

Here's a pop culture equation to consider: Coldplay is to rock music what a pre couch–jumping Tom Cruise is to movies.

In their respective fields — a pre–imploding Cruise at the box office, Coldpay at record store bins, on the download and onstage, — both reign supreme. Cruise–helmed films have made billions when tallied in total, and Coldplay sets, from 2002's "A Rush of Blood to the Head" to last year's "Mylo Xyloto," have moved millions and (for the bean counters) have been relied upon more than once to rescue the still–sagging music sales strata.

But while the masses and those who rely on the two titans to generate profits hold both in high regards, there are those who have long thumbed their noses at Cruise and Coldplay.

Cruise, it can be argued, has been making the same movie since his ascension to stardom nearly three decades ago with "Risky Business." While there are a few exceptions of note — 1999's "Magnolia" and 2008's "Tropic Thunder" come to mind — most successful Cruise films are based on the following premise: egotistical hot shot goes through major experience to come out a little wiser.

Chris Martin and his Coldplay cohorts have also reaped rewards from a continuous winning formula: take one part Pink Floyd, add a smidge of U2 and kick in a chunk of Radiohead in for good measure, occasionally give lip service to overlooked pioneers such as Can, and back up the Brinks truck.

With "Mylo" and its predecessor, the 2008 universal smash "Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends," Coldplay attempted to shake their musical foundation by bringing in, a myriad of producers, most notably Brian Eno, the Roxy Music co–founder whose credits include pre–Coldplay forefathers U2, as well as Talking Heads, David Bowie.

Despite a few new sonic ruffles and interesting guest appearances (Rihanna is not the first person to come to mind when a Coldplay collabo is considered), the end result has proven the rock equivalent to Cruise's works with Stanley Kubrick in 1999's "Eyes Wide Shut." Despite their respective majestic backdrops, you're stuck with the same old schtick from your leads in the end.

Coldplay, Marina and the Diamonds, 7 p.m. Aug. 7–8, United Center, 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago. $49.50–$110. FYI: (312) 455–4500, UNITEDCENTER.COM

http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainment/columnists/tim-shellberg/tunes-tix-coldplay-through-the-un-danger-zone/article_26f5c3eb-a370-5900-a3ac-9ea8425ce69b.html

does anyone know where the boys will exit? i wanna stick around and see if i can get an autograph!

Erick, I have no idea the venue set-up, but if you look for the tour buses, usually then you will see Black SUV's appear, Dianne and I and many others had some accidental luck in Miami, and this was the scenario we were presented with, they were staying in Miami tho, and your show, they could be jetting out as soon as they leave the stage for NY, good luck sweetie!!

Ideally, they should be staying here in Chicago overnight, because they have another show here tomorrow. Who knows? Maybe if we hang around after the show (and they don't jet out to their hotels immediately after they leave the stage) we'll get to meet them! (Although I don't know if they'd be happy about being ambushed by fans while trying to go home, haha.)

Ideally, they should be staying here in Chicago overnight, because they have another show here tomorrow. Who knows? Maybe if we hang around after the show (and they don't jet out to their hotels immediately after they leave the stage) we'll get to meet them! (Although I don't know if they'd be happy about being ambushed by fans while trying to go home, haha.)

Chris went out of his way to come to a fence where about 20 fans were standing, and he was quite gracious, as we were to him, everyone was very appreciative and respectful.:) Who know's if they will stay in a hotel, the flight is just under 2 hours I believe, and they have their own jet, I believe:thinking: Good luck to everyone!!!

Erick, I have no idea the venue set-up, but if you look for the tour buses, usually then you will see Black SUV's appear, Dianne and I and many others had some accidental luck in Miami, and this was the scenario we were presented with, they were staying in Miami tho, and your show, they could be jetting out as soon as they leave the stage for NY, good luck sweetie!!

that was my plan! i'm gonna try it anyways! you never know!!