✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[7-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ United Center, Chicago, IL, USA

Jenjie

i found some floor section 2 row 4 off someplace.....

edit: i know its not ticketmaster..........they can go someplace...i dont care for them

2nd edit: ok tried TM again and tried to pick "Main Floor" under the seating and the most for the tickets but when i go to try and buy them, it says "Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available on Ticketmaster.com." :veryangry2:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody else who lives in Chicago have/plan on getting a ticket? I've never met any fellow Coldplayers before (I'm a college kid, and it seems as though nobody my age really likes coldplay...) and I'm super excited to see some of you guys at the show! :)

Ditto for me as well. I might get one friend to go with me but it'd be nice to talk with others at the show.

Got tickets for both shows...staying at the Marriott at Medical district/UIC..anyone else stayting there on the 7th? I'm driving home after the 2nd show (5 hours to Cincy... YOWZA!!!)

It's a shame the Cubs aren't in town until the 9th (and it's my Reds too!!)...anyway, what's good to do during the day on the 8th?

Got tickets for both shows...staying at the Marriott at Medical district/UIC..anyone else stayting there on the 7th? I'm driving home after the 2nd show (5 hours to Cincy... YOWZA!!!)

It's a shame the Cubs aren't in town until the 9th (and it's my Reds too!!)...anyway, what's good to do during the day on the 8th?

I don't know where we're staying yet, but I know my dad loves the Marriott, so that may be a possibility...

As far as cool things to do on the 8th, there's ALWAYS something to do in Chicago, it just depends on your personal taste. You could hang out by the lake on the beach, do some tourist-y stuff, like going to the top of the Sears Tower. Things like that. Also, be sure to explore the restaurants. Chicago cuisine is lovely! :D

• 3 months later...

charlix.jpg

Charli XCX and Here We Go Magic to open shows

30 April 2012 9:18 pm

Acts added to concerts in Manchester, Montreal, Chicago and Minneapolis

news_line.png

Good evening. Some new opening acts have been added for this summer's shows. London experimental popster Charli XCX (pictured above) will play the first slot in Manchester on 9 June, Chicago on 7 and 8 August and Minneapolis on 10 and 11 August. Meanwhile, Brooklyn indie rockers Here We Go Magic will open the shows in Montreal on 26 and 27 July. Check out tracks from both of them below:

[ame=http://soundcloud.com/charlixcx/charlixcx-nuclear-seasons]CharliXCX - Nuclear Seasons by charlixcx on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/ame]

[ame=http://soundcloud.com/i-d-online-1/song-of-thehere-we-go-magic]i-D Online: How Do I Know, Here We Go Magic by i-D online on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/ame]

Anchorman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Chicago 7 & 8

If your looking for something to do in Chicago - take the Architecture boat tour. It costs about $28 and it is a fantastic way to learn about Chicago. Pick it up at Michigan and the river. You staying a bit west of the city but will be right by the United Center.

i've never been to chicago! luckily my friend has been living there for 3 years. and it just so happens that i got us confirmed in advance to volunteer with oxfam for both nights! say hi to me! i'll be wearing my famous :D coldplay jacket. it's not famous!, it's just that coldplayers have recognized me in it before. but i'm super excited for my first out of state coldplay shows! concerts 12 and 13!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

388.mu.mu.pv.coldplay.jpg

Coldplay at United Center | Concert preview

Chris Martin and co. head up a triple bill taking cues from the club.

Like a weather vane, Coldplay’s career trajectory has shown us the way pop culture is pointing, but as a rock act it always seems to follow in the sonic footsteps of another do-gooder foursome. Then again, U2’s little cousin eventually had to grow up and find its own footing. Even if that means making light R&B.

The parallels to U2 are not a cheap shot. Observe the oeuvre: With its Edge-like riff, “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall” is only the latest in a string of singles bearing a deep debt to the Dubliners. Hiring their producer (Brian Eno) hasn’t clouded the mystery. And like Bono’s, Chris Martin’s charm and sincerity (even naïveté) have an undeniably musical way of tugging on the heartstrings despite the vocal limitations of both.

As when U2 unleashed “The Fly” more than 20 years ago, Coldplay has lassoed its fortunes to the rising club-music trend, ensuring we can’t escape it. Last year’s Mylo Xyloto may be an inferior album overburdened by doleful farewells, starved of euphoria and lyrically hokey, but it shores up the band’s place in the DJ playlist. Live, Martin and his mates sport splatter-painted pirate getups as their cathartic, mini epics challenge our cynicism. That’s not a bad thing.

Welsh act Marina & The Diamonds opens with a smart, baroque take on electro-pop that’s dying for radio play—or a stage musical. First up is U.K. singer and runway favorite Charli XCX, a more dubious proposition, wrapping Gaga grandiosity in gothy club tracks.

http://timeoutchicago.com/music-nightlife/music/15545646/coldplay-at-united-center-concert-preview