✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[11-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ Xcel Energy Center, St Paul, MN, USA

Jenjie

Well first off, yeah, there are a lot of rude people at the Coldplay concert. Not as many hardcore fans as some other artists have in the pit zone. The lady next to me asked me if I get crap for liking Coldplay as a guy?

And as for a superfan only concert, Linkin Park has done it in the past! They have a fan group and it was a fan group only concert!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ That pisses me off, really? Why does it matter what sex you are? And yea to be honest alot of people when I observe look like they are there b/c they like VLV only (honestly-people who were sitting quietly at least made noise for that one. I know there more popular songs might be why they are there which is fine. Or just got tickets or decided to check out coldplay which is fine but please keep your comments to your self and dont piss on somebody else who is there to have a blast. I know CP concerts are not like others were there are many hardcore fans but the ones who arent should not poke fun on those who are.

YOU ALL are great! I didnt let that crap get to me.. I was there to support and dance my ass off with my boys! And I did.

vids

Filmed the complete second show in 1080, someone please let me know ([email protected]) if any bootleg audio becomes available as Id like to create a dvd. I'm still uploading the rest of the show, I might not post them all here.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Thanks Tim!

I can see myself in the screencap for the In My Place video :laugh3: I'm the girl in the pink t-shirt that says "Guy" with the neon yellow hand wrap things ;)

ah cool, i got quite a few shots of that corner of the crowd jumping around so im sure youre in there more

http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/arts/music/coldplay-xcel-energy-center-st-paul-review-photos

Not sure whether this is the right place to put this, or if repost.

But here's a review from the Daily Planet along with some photos.

Key Quotes:

"Seeing Coldplay at the Xcel Energy Center...I was stunned by the group’s individual and collective charisma, as well as their energetic performance."

"The Twin Cities were the last stop on the American leg of Coldplay’s Mylo Xyloto tour, and frontman Chris Martin assured the crowd they had all decided it would be the “best fucking show [they’d] ever played.” Their performance was certainly a spectacle, complete with oversized balloons, inflatable butterflies, and light-up bracelets for audience members."

A sign of the group’s mass appeal, the audience was comprised of middle-aged parents, pre-teens, drunk fraternity brothers, and a number of 20 and 30somethings with a somewhat distant look about them that suggested they had been prime targets for Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head in the early 2000s. Shoot confetti out of a canon, though, ask people to sing along, and somehow these differences (along with a general lack of audience rhythm) matter much less."

http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/arts/music/coldplay-xcel-energy-center-st-paul-review-photos

Not sure whether this is the right place to put this, or if repost.

But here's a review from the Daily Planet along with some photos.

Key Quotes:

"Seeing Coldplay at the Xcel Energy Center...I was stunned by the group’s individual and collective charisma, as well as their energetic performance."

"The Twin Cities were the last stop on the American leg of Coldplay’s Mylo Xyloto tour, and frontman Chris Martin assured the crowd they had all decided it would be the “best fucking show [they’d] ever played.” Their performance was certainly a spectacle, complete with oversized balloons, inflatable butterflies, and light-up bracelets for audience members."

A sign of the group’s mass appeal, the audience was comprised of middle-aged parents, pre-teens, drunk fraternity brothers, and a number of 20 and 30somethings with a somewhat distant look about them that suggested they had been prime targets for Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head in the early 2000s. Shoot confetti out of a canon, though, ask people to sing along, and somehow these differences (along with a general lack of audience rhythm) matter much less."

Complete article with photos:

MUSIC REVIEW | Coldplay put on a potent performance at the Xcel Energy Center

coldplay_xcel_081012_19_1.jpg

Coldplay has, for many people my age, developed a reputation for being the musical equivalent of a wine cooler. Now included in “adult contemporary” and “easy listening” radio, the angst-ridden appeal the band had in the early 2000s has morphed into something strangely suburban that is, quite honestly, a little too easy to swallow. Seeing Coldplay at the Xcel Energy Center, however, I was stunned by the group’s individual and collective charisma, as well as their energetic performance.

The Twin Cities were the last stop on the American leg of Coldplay’s Mylo Xyloto tour, and frontman Chris Martin assured the crowd they had all decided it would be the “best fucking show [they’d] ever played.” Their performance was certainly a spectacle, complete with oversized balloons, inflatable butterflies, and light-up bracelets for audience members. Martin and company covered twelve years and five albums of music, crossing time and emotional space from more heart wrenching content (“Yellow,” “Fix You”) to spirited sing-alongs (“In My Place,” “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall”). And sing along they did. A sign of the group’s mass appeal, the audience was comprised of middle-aged parents, pre-teens, drunk fraternity brothers, and a number of 20 and 30somethings with a somewhat distant look about them that suggested they had been prime targets for Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head in the early 2000s. Shoot confetti out of a canon, though, ask people to sing along, and somehow these differences (along with a general lack of audience rhythm) matter much less.

This unifying energy and sustained momentum were the most shocking aspects of the night for me. While I like Coldplay, I had never seen them in concert, and had a hard time imagining Martin jumping off a three-legged stool after “The Scientist” to belt “Princess of China” with a pre-recorded Rhianna track. Similarly, when Martin married Gwyneth Paltrow in 2003 there was some speculation about whether the trademark unhappiness of the band would suffer. What would Coldplay be if not melancholy? This show was a perfect answer to both my lack of imagination and any lingering skepticism about Coldplay’s emotional prowess. The group not only navigated the space between joy and self-reflection well, they thrived in it. Mixing tempos, creating bridges, and melding the show into one continuous ride with Martin as guide somehow made the lows more poignant and the highs more elated. While I don’t believe Coldplay’s growth or influence as a band can yet be considered equal to their oft-mentioned idols, U2, their first album and tour of this decade showed them to be older, wiser, and more adept than the young men we met in 2000.

Maybe they're more of a Sauvignon Blanc.

coldplay_xcel_081012_3.jpg

coldplay_xcel_081012_5.jpg

coldplay_xcel_081012_6.jpg

coldplay_xcel_081012_6.jpg

coldplay_xcel_081012_7.jpg

coldplay_xcel_081012_8.jpg

coldplay_xcel_081012_9.jpg

coldplay_xcel_081012_10.jpg

coldplay_xcel_081012_11.jpg

coldplay_xcel_081012_12.jpg

coldplay_xcel_081012_13.jpg

coldplay_xcel_081012_14.jpg