• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stpau1.jpg

Panoramas: Xcel Energy Center, St Paul

12 August 2012 12:13 pm

Roadie #42's pre-show crowd shot from the two nights at St Paul

news_line.png

Good afternoon. Here are Roadie #42's pre-show crowd shots from the last two shows of Coldplay's North American Mylo Xyloto tour. Click the pictureS to see/download the hi-res versionS. And add your photos to our Live Archive.

SATURDAY 11 AUGUST

20120811StPaul2Crowd_Small.jpg

FRIDAY 10 AUGUST

20120810StPaul1Crowd_Small.jpg

Click here for lots more summer 2012 crowd panoramas.

Anchorman

signedtwitter.png

After Charlie XCX, this young person approached me. As this person got closer, I realized they were a Coldplay roadie! The roadie asked, “Are you Sara?” And I was immediately in shock! I said yes, and the roadie said that the crew had looked at my blog!

My heart was pounding at this moment. This young roadie said that the photos I took from the concert last night were great! They also said that they really enjoyed my posts. At this point, I am completely honored. I can’t even talk.

Then the roadie says, “Well, I have something for you!” They pull from their jacket…A SIGNED PHOTO FROM COLDPLAY! It says, “To Sara, Enjoy the Show!” I start to cry. I cannot say anything at all! The roadie goes on to say, “That is how you spell your name, right? I wanted to get this for you. Your blog is just really really amazing. The boys were worried that I wouldn’t be able to find you! I was too, but then I looked on your blog.” The roadie held up their phone which was open to my blog!

I cannot thank the young roadie enough for the beautiful gift. We chat a bit more, take a photo, and then the roadie was off. The sweetest thing is, this roadie comes back several times to check on me during the show. Coldplay and their crew really do treat their fans with the upmost respect. I am so grateful to be apart of this amazing fan base.

Thank you for sharing your story : )

You're so lucky :awesome:

Keep it preciously ;)

signedtwitter.png

After Charlie XCX, this young person approached me. As this person got closer, I realized they were a Coldplay roadie! The roadie asked, “Are you Sara?” And I was immediately in shock! I said yes, and the roadie said that the crew had looked at my blog!

My heart was pounding at this moment. This young roadie said that the photos I took from the concert last night were great! They also said that they really enjoyed my posts. At this point, I am completely honored. I can’t even talk.

Then the roadie says, “Well, I have something for you!” They pull from their jacket…A SIGNED PHOTO FROM COLDPLAY! It says, “To Sara, Enjoy the Show!” I start to cry. I cannot say anything at all! The roadie goes on to say, “That is how you spell your name, right? I wanted to get this for you. Your blog is just really really amazing. The boys were worried that I wouldn’t be able to find you! I was too, but then I looked on your blog.” The roadie held up their phone which was open to my blog!

I cannot thank the young roadie enough for the beautiful gift. We chat a bit more, take a photo, and then the roadie was off. The sweetest thing is, this roadie comes back several times to check on me during the show. Coldplay and their crew really do treat their fans with the upmost respect. I am so grateful to be apart of this amazing fan base.

What a fantastic experience and story. Not that it needed it, but it's stories like this that cement how proud I am to be a CP fan. Congratulations to you - I can't imagine the cloud on which you are floating right now.

The shows were both amazing, but last night was insane! We were lucky to get upgraded to 3rd row Jonny's side!!! My 12 year old daughter couldn't believe it when the roadie asked her to read the seat numbers! He was so nice! He works on special effects so we chatted about that for quite a while. He did confirm they were playing the Olympics....I was offline for a few days so I hadn't heard that was happening for sure.

The band were in fine form, but Chris sounded like he was having a hard time with some of the high notes. He struggled a bit with some of Yellow. Those who don't see them a lot probably wouldn't notice, but this was my 4th concert in a month and his voice is usually so strong. He still sounded great, but I hope he does well tonight. That is a lot of vocal strain over 3 days.

I miss them already. :( If anyone here was on Jonny's side, way to rock out!! I have never had so much fun at a concert. :)

The shows were both amazing, but last night was insane! We were lucky to get upgraded to 3rd row Jonny's side!!! My 12 year old daughter couldn't believe it when the roadie asked her to read the seat numbers! He was so nice! He works on special effects so we chatted about that for quite a while. He did confirm they were playing the Olympics....I was offline for a few days so I hadn't heard that was happening for sure.

The band were in fine form, but Chris sounded like he was having a hard time with some of the high notes. He struggled a bit with some of Yellow. Those who don't see them a lot probably wouldn't notice, but this was my 4th concert in a month and his voice is usually so strong. He still sounded great, but I hope he does well tonight. That is a lot of vocal strain over 3 days.

I miss them already. :( If anyone here was on Jonny's side, way to rock out!! I have never had so much fun at a concert. :)

Glad you got upgraded again :D

This is great! Thanks for sharing. I cut and pasted your blog addie and was told it wasn't valid. Is it wrong?

signedtwitter.png

We attended the second of two back-to-back nights for Coldplay in St. Paul, and if they were bored in any way with the lack of change in venue, it did not show. The concert was simply outstanding.

Notes from the evening:

Chris Martin is a front man in every sense of the word. Showman, band leader, crowd pleaser, and lunch pail mentality all rolled into one. While he's no Springsteen, he's Springsteen-like in approach to his work and his audience. He flew around the stage, working his butt off, and had the crowd eating out of his hands. Simply a great lead singer.

The show was a visual spectacle. Confetti cannons, laser lights, balloons, and these lighted bracelets made the event one for the eyes a much as the ears. Really impressive.

As they had done the last time we saw them, the band came off the main stage and set up an impromptu stage in the crowd. And, just like the last time, we were really close to them. 15 feet close.

The set list was fairly standard, with the only big miss for me was Talk was not performed. It is a personal favorite for me and holds a lot of meaning, so I missed it a lot. That being said, the rest of the set was very sold and quite enjoyable.

The opening acts were absolutely brutal. Charlie XCX and Marianna & the Diamonds were both horrible in stage presence, way too pop oriented, limited in vocal ability, and just not very good. Both were the worst musical acts I've seen in many years. However, both had strong percussion, which salvaged their respective sets. Avoid these guys at all costs.

Coldplay is a really great band. Their musicianship, work ethic, and joy were on display in full force tonight. It resulted in a great band delivering a great show.

[thanks Yellow Dog Patrol]

http://www.yellowdogpatrol.com/2012/08/coldplay-st-paul-concert-review-second.html

signedtwitter.png

The luck !

WAOUH A great story :D

^ awesome! AHH im so dissapointed! I was going to get upgraded but then he found out I had $99 tickets! Thats all there were and since I came down from TX we didnt want to risk nosebleed seats. UGH-my heart broke. Its all good tho! Kristen-were you the girls who made a sign on Johnny's side that they were pointing out for Guy ;) The roadie who was going to upgrade me was a english guy, anyone know who he is? He really felt bad about it since I answered everything!

BTW great concert! The guys infront of me in section 103 left because I was jumping up and down so much and screaming every lyric behind them. I had a blast! O and I kinda dont have a voice today! and my toes were numb bc I was wearing boots and standing the entire night! LOL anything for our boys!

^ awesome! AHH im so dissapointed! I was going to get upgraded but then he found out I had $99 tickets! Thats all there were and since I came down from TX we didnt want to risk nosebleed seats. UGH-my heart broke. Its all good tho! Kristen-were you the girls who made a sign on Johnny's side that they were pointing out for Guy ;) The roadie who was going to upgrade me was a english guy, anyone know who he is? He really felt bad about it since I answered everything!

Oh that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Nope we weren't those girls but I saw them. They were cool! Chris pointed it out to Guy at the end of the show and we were smiling a lot :D It said "Guy, tell me you love me"

I dunno if you could see us but I was the one in third row, with the neon pink shirt, neon yellow tights, neon hand wrap thingys, glow bands around my neck and arms, and the neon pink butterfly in my hair.

That is awesome Kristen! I dont know if I saw you I was so excited to be there I wish I could of seen you that sounds like a great outfit!!! Me and my sister were wearing white V necks with paint all over it! It does suck but for them nosebleeds would have been fine too! I just wanted to be front row so I could show them how crazy I am! My body and throat aches LOL That is such a cute poster! I bet Guy was blushing about it.

saralovescoldplay92 great pics!

Off the hook show!!! Upgraded to Jonny's side 3rd row (with Butterfly girl) . The energy was insane!!!! Everyone was freaking out, myself included. My arms and legs ache so bad today haha :laugh3:

Thanks to the awesome roadie who upgraded us :D

I saw all of you down there dancing! :D I told my aunt: "Next time, we're going down there were the party is." :lol:

--------------------

I have to post my pics tomorrow... There are too many! I have to organize :P Although I did post one in the live archive on their website.

saralovescoldplay92 I saw you! Great hat-too cute! I got strange looks for my Tshirt and some loser girls were laughing at my sister in the rest room. LAME its like we make it worthwhile when we go we are fans duh! O and were u filling bags of confetti at the end? Hope you got alot your pics are great!

signedtwitter.png

I am SO HAPPY for you!!! :') :dance:

I don't think a lovely band with lovely roadies as these have ever existed before :heart: :heart: :heart: They keep surprising me every day more! And my love, our love for them can only double and redouble every time! :')

That is awesome Kristen! I dont know if I saw you I was so excited to be there I wish I could of seen you that sounds like a great outfit!!! Me and my sister were wearing white V necks with paint all over it! It does suck but for them nosebleeds would have been fine too! I just wanted to be front row so I could show them how crazy I am! My body and throat aches LOL That is such a cute poster! I bet Guy was blushing about it.

saralovescoldplay92 great pics!

Your outfit sounds awesome too! What section were your seats in?

My body still aches so bad today too. I can barely lift my arms lol.

Thank you! Sounds like you had a great time. I know I did! I was the girl with the elephant hat (if any of you saw me). I got a lot of strange looks, but it was totally worth it :)

Hmm not sure if I saw you. Your elephant hat sounds awesome though!

I got tons of strange looks too. It's so fun to dress up all hardcore though :D

I saw all of you down there dancing! :D I told my aunt: "Next time, we're going down there were the party is." :lol:

--------------------

I have to post my pics tomorrow... There are too many! I have to organize :P Although I did post one in the live archive on their website.

That's awesome you saw us!! I probably looked like a nut :laugh3:

I'll post my pics tomorrow too. Back at work right now :(

Our section was 103, we were the only crazy ones there LOL! my body hurts-my voice is barely there. I think they thought I was having fits hahahah. Ya I dont care if people thought I was lame or w/e shoot. Had so much fun-sad its going to be a couple years till they are back.