✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[11-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ Xcel Energy Center, St Paul, MN, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO incredibly sad right now... I'm so sad to see them end the U.S. tour.. I just want to cry so much right now..

I sure do hope EVERYBDOY enjoys the last U.S. show tonight <3

Don't be sad! Think of the wonderful times so many people got to have thanks to our boys. And THEY WILL BE BACK. Hugs.

Everybody have a wonderful time tonight in MN!

So so so good. I saw both nights and they were really into it. You could tell they were tired. I feel bad that they are flying to london tonight for closing ceremonies tomorrow! Crazy. I was so hoping they'd pull out all the stops and change up the setlist for the last show, but it was the same. So sad they didn't play Politik on this tour, but had an opportunity to fall in love with some new songs, so I'm a happy girl! :) I miss them already.

You don't wanna miss it if you can help it, Tracie! No regrets, right?

I realized my passport was out of date and dind't want to risk it. And I couldn't leave with my cat missing. Sorry to get so depressed, but I got my cat back...finally, so I'm over it. I took a break from the 'net for a couple days and got over it.:)

^Tis.

msidders ‏@msidders

Coldplay St. Paul Concert Review, Second Night: We attended the second of two back-to-back nights for Coldplay i... http://bit.ly/PbyXuu

Coldplay St. Paul Concert Review, Second Night

2i1mpah.jpg

We attended the second of two back-to-back nights for Coldplay in St. Paul, and if they were bored in any way with the lack of change in venue, it did not show. The concert was simply outstanding.

Notes from the evening:

Chris Martin is a front man in every sense of the word. Showman, band leader, crowd pleaser, and lunch pail mentality all rolled into one. While he's no Springsteen, he's Springsteen-like in approach to his work and his audience. He flew around the stage, working his butt off, and had the crowd eating out of his hands. Simply a great lead singer.

The show was a visual spectacle. Confetti cannons, laser lights, balloons, and these lighted bracelets made the event one for the eyes a much as the ears. Really impressive.

5zktc8.jpg

As they had done the last time we saw them, the band came off the main stage and set up an impromptu stage in the crowd. And, just like the last time, we were really close to them. 15 feet close. Here's a good shot:

ornin7.jpg

The set list was fairly standard, with the only big miss for me was Talk was not performed. It is a personal favorite for me and holds a lot of meaning, so I missed it a lot. That being said, the rest of the set was very sold and quite enjoyable.

The opening acts were absolutely brutal. Charlie XCX and Marianna & the Diamonds were both horrible in stage presence, way too pop oriented, limited in vocal ability, and just not very good. Both were the worst musical acts I've seen in many years. However, both had strong percussion, which salvaged their respective sets. Avoid these guys at all costs.

Coldplay is a really great band. Their musicianship, work ethic, and joy were on display in full force tonight. It resulted in a great band delivering a great show.

Posted by Yellow Dog Patrol at 12:18 AM