[11-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ Xcel Energy Center, St Paul, MN, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SARA'S COLDPLAY CONCERT EXPERIENCE!

signedtwitter.png

After Charlie XCX, this young person approached me. As this person got closer, I realized they were a Coldplay roadie! The roadie asked, “Are you Sara?” And I was immediately in shock! I said yes, and the roadie said that the crew had looked at my blog!

My heart was pounding at this moment. This young roadie said that the photos I took from the concert last night were great! They also said that they really enjoyed my posts. At this point, I am completely honored. I can’t even talk.

Then the roadie says, “Well, I have something for you!” They pull from their jacket…A SIGNED PHOTO FROM COLDPLAY! It says, “To Sara, Enjoy the Show!” I start to cry. I cannot say anything at all! The roadie goes on to say, “That is how you spell your name, right? I wanted to get this for you. Your blog is just really really amazing. The boys were worried that I wouldn’t be able to find you! I was too, but then I looked on your blog.” The roadie held up their phone which was open to my blog!

I cannot thank the young roadie enough for the beautiful gift. We chat a bit more, take a photo, and then the roadie was off. The sweetest thing is, this roadie comes back several times to check on me during the show. Coldplay and their crew really do treat their fans with the upmost respect. I am so grateful to be apart of this amazing fan base.

Oh my god. Tonight was incredible. Just made my entire life.

We got tp the Xcel Center at about 5:30 and people were already queuing up and getting excited. We had to stand in line for a little while to get our Xylobands and get our tickets scanned, but it was fun. I kept answering people's questions about what they were for and how they worked. Told them about Jason and how they flashed during the show.

Once the show started, it was great. Charli XCX and Marina & the Diamonds were great opening acts. No complaints at all. Really got the crowd ready for Coldplay.

I started getting really excited when 99 Problems began to play because I knew Back to the Future was next. And it was off from there. It was a great audience to be with. Right from Mylo Xyloto to Every Teardrop amazing! They played the usual setlist (using Warning Sign, as great as it would have been to hear Amsterdam). Chris changed up the lyrics for the venue like usual and loved the crowd. He had a slip up during Us Against the World which was hilarious. I believe he said something about wanting to try something new, but it didn't work and was a terrible idea in the first place. Due to Chris's slip, Will really got a few lines in himself, and everyone went wild. (One of my favorite parts was when Chris bent down under his piano and started making faces to the camera. It was so funny).

And even though we were in Club seating section 8, it wasn't too bad. Except trying to get clear pictures was kind of tough... I'll post some of my good ones later on tomorrow.

Overall, just unbelievable as usual. Fantastic. It was so surreal, it will take me awhile to realize I was there.

signedtwitter.png

After Charlie XCX, this young person approached me. As this person got closer, I realized they were a Coldplay roadie! The roadie asked, “Are you Sara?” And I was immediately in shock! I said yes, and the roadie said that the crew had looked at my blog!

My heart was pounding at this moment. This young roadie said that the photos I took from the concert last night were great! They also said that they really enjoyed my posts. At this point, I am completely honored. I can’t even talk.

Then the roadie says, “Well, I have something for you!” They pull from their jacket…A SIGNED PHOTO FROM COLDPLAY! It says, “To Sara, Enjoy the Show!” I start to cry. I cannot say anything at all! The roadie goes on to say, “That is how you spell your name, right? I wanted to get this for you. Your blog is just really really amazing. The boys were worried that I wouldn’t be able to find you! I was too, but then I looked on your blog.” The roadie held up their phone which was open to my blog!

I cannot thank the young roadie enough for the beautiful gift. We chat a bit more, take a photo, and then the roadie was off. The sweetest thing is, this roadie comes back several times to check on me during the show. Coldplay and their crew really do treat their fans with the upmost respect. I am so grateful to be apart of this amazing fan base.

Wow, that's amazing!

awesome story. thanks for sharing!!!

signedtwitter.png