• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6d8ff758004711e2b0f022000a1de67b_7.jpg

link

e9069322004911e2b95b22000a1e9f9a_7.jpg

link

Fricking lucky people!

They're not Lucky People... there was a fake contest of Mastercard Mexico and they were the supposed winners, but that girl works for an important music company and all contestants discovered this was a total corrupt and fake contest... What a shame, really ... and so unfair that having lots of money can make you get closer to Coldplay... thanks God I've been lucky enough to be with the guys too... but seeing this pictues makes me angry...

They're not Lucky People... there was a fake contest of Mastercard Mexico and they were the supposed winners, but that girl works for an important music company and all contestants discovered this was a total corrupt and fake contest... What a shame, really ... and so unfair that having lots of money can make you get closer to Coldplay... thanks God I've been lucky enough to be with the guys too... but seeing this pictues makes me angry...

:angry: WTF!! :veryangry2: Well that makes me angry as well!

I found a review, it would be awesome if someone could translate it : )

http://www.koule.cz/cs/clanky/konfety-lasery-ohnostroj-coldplay-v-praze-zarili-30131.shtml

I'll let my messy apartment be just a messy apartment and give it a try assisted by Google translate - the version I use is rather crap - but it helps knowing about Coldplay and the concerts.

I'll let my messy apartment be just a messy apartment and give it a try assisted by Google translate - the version I use is rather crap - but it helps knowing about Coldplay and the concerts.

You've translated so much already in the last couple of days, don't worry about this one. I'm pretty sure one of the Czech fans can translate it : )

You've translated so much already in the last couple of days, don't worry about this one. I'm pretty sure one of the Czech fans can translate it : )

It is fun for me - and Google translation is a good help here - funny enough.

I will post the first part right now.

Review of Coldplay in Prague on 16 September 2012

I would appreciate it if some Czech-speaking would clear up the few places where I put a ?? or bolded the text. Thanks in advance.

Review of Coldplay in Prague on 16 September 2012

http://www.koule.cz/cs/clanky/konfety-lasery-ohnostroj-coldplay-v-praze-zarili-30131.shtml

Confetti, lasers, fireworks. Coldplay shone in Prague

The sold-out stadium and fans before perhaps the most popular group of today on the British islands; that the Coldplay concert will be "really big" is somewhat implicit in advance. Podium from one region to another, five large circular screens, speakers and lights everywhere, simply huge. And the concert itself was huge.

Warning: "Please put on your bracelet. It is part of the show." It does not blink on screens in vain. When, at the very beginning, Chris Martin of Coldplay asked "Is there anybody out there?" then at that very moment colorful wristbands that were handed out to all the concert-goers at the entrance flashed in all colors, and the whole stadium looked like Christmas lights coming alive in a warehouse.

Other warnings could be read: "Put on your sunglasses - those colors are neoslepnete" (blinding neon lights?) In quick succession small fireworks are detonating after galleries Stadium pohonila? , there are colour lasers and tons of coloured confetti (incidentally, in addition to hearts between them also the letters M and X, what would be the initials of their latest album Mylo Xyloto whether he lives or sense of detail?), and scattered a few dozen large inflatable balloons.

With a spectacular light and visual show the band managed quite well to disguise the fact that their last mentioned album is not just as good as the previous ones. Perhaps Paradise sounded slightly less annoying live than on the radio (someone explain to me why Coldplay degrade themselves), but it is a pity that ten (!) new songs news are due, i.e. have to be played instead of getting to the more "pure Coldplay" from the time of the debut album Parachutes. Unfortunately, the excellent Yellow remained the only one played (off that album).

Although at times, it looked like it would be unfair to call their show circus. Coldplay is really successful in terms of musical performance.

The first part of the show, while Chris Martin is singing - especially the high notes - was even slightly cut down (like the beforementioned Yellow that was far from perfect); at the remaining concert he seemed totally confident in all positions. Equally confident as the trio behind him and another thirty thousand people in front of them - when The Scientist, Fix You and other songs were played the audience were singing in chorus.

After the great (vygradované ??) God Put a Smile Upon Your Face, Chris, Jon, Guy and Will left the main stage, and for the next three songs they moved to the end of the ramp.

Played was among others the current single Princess of China, where Rihanna also appeared, but this time - in contrast to at the Parisian gig - only in 2D design on the screen for the band. And in order for Coldplay to be "in touch" and enjoy the fans at the back, the next few songs were played on a miniature stage in the middle of the crowd.

It was simply crazy. While Coldplay did not show the best musical performance of this year, it was undoubtedly the biggest show - no matter how infantile it might appear. Appreciative fans even hugged tram number 22, and on the way home they spontaneously sang – in unison - the song Viva La Vida.

Coldplay + Marina and the Diamonds

Prague, Synot Tip Arena, 16 September 2012

I HOPE THAT SOME CZECH WILL CONTRIBUTE WITH BETTER SUGGESTIONS (I have bolded where in doubt and put a question mark). And in some parts I might have edited the text so that it was meaningful.

Here I had to rely on Google Translate and on my knowledge of Coldplay and the concerts. But it was GREAT FUN.

Setlist

1 Mylo Xyloto

2 Hurts Like Heaven

3 In My Place

4 Major Minus

5 Lovers In Japan

6 The Scientist

7 Yellow

8 Violet Hill

9 God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

10 Princess Of China

11 Up In Flames