✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[16-Sep-2012] Coldplay @ Slavia Eden Stadium, Prague, Czech Republic

Jenjie

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to put my story together before it gets too blurred.

Warning: It's more like a crazy fangirl story, so don't expect a serious musical review!

pre-show

So we met with Oliv in Bratislava on Friday and went to Prague together, spent Saturday sightseeing and on Sunday VERY early we went to the stadium.

It was still dark and nobody around but a security guy. He was bored so we chatted for a while, he went to take the pictures of the stage and came to show us.

Time was flying quite quickly, we decided to take a picture every hour and it was only the two of us until 8AM...

Just a few people arrived until 10AM and by midday, there were still only about 20 people in the queue at our gate. (and a similar number at the second gate).

It was fun, there were people from all over the world, SLovakia, Indonesia, Brazil, Canada, Italy... I counted about 10 nationalities only in my closest surrounding.

But still, there were so few people compared to the other shows I went to, I was a bit worried that the crowd might not be so good.

They let us in just before 4PM. The security guys were a bit confused (and confusing), at first they told us they will open between 2-3PM, then between 4-5, and in fact they opened about 3,50.

It was good that the gates were at the same side of the stadium as the stage, so we didn't have to run too far, only down the galleries and we were at the stage.

So all of us got to the barrier. We wanted to be at the ramp, on Jonny's side, so we got there. Out international mini-group - Italy, Slovakia, Indonesia, Brazil. We all had signs/flags/something mentioning our country, which can be seen on the panorama pic.

When we got in, the stadium started to fill only very slowly and we were still worried about the crowd. But it was getting better.

Before the support bands, there were some people walking around the stage, probably the fans who won meet and greet. They were taking pictures and Phil was with them showing them around.

support acts

Charli XCX was allright but Marina was fantastic. I don't know why the newspaper review wrote she was perceived coldly by the crowd, I think she won over almost everyone and the response was fine.

Inbetween the acts, as the roadies were walking around, they were getting so much cheering from the crowd, one of the roadies started to enjoy it and seemed like only walk up and down to get the applause. :-) It was like he was soundchecking our voices and we were louder and louder everytime he showed up.

Then R42 came to take the panorama picture and many of the people at the front knew so were cheering again.

the show

I don't really like Jay-Z's music, but I was so happy when 99 Problems already started! After the many many hours of waiting, it was indescribable.

By that time, the crowd got very loud and we finally stopped worrying about it. ;)

When the boys came on stage, the crowd unbelievable considering it's quite a small stadium. I'm not sure whether 30 or 40 thousand, everyone says something else.

After In My Place, Chris said a few things in Czech, like good evening and we're happy to be here as always. He promised us the best concert ever (as always :laugh3:). I know all those things, heard them many times, but it's always amazing.

When the Yellow intro started, the cheering was so loud, Chris couldn't start singing. He tried to concentrate but just had to laugh and make the intro a bit longer.

It was apparent that they are impressed with the noise, they were really enjoying it, even Guy moved from his spot and walked around the stage.

I don't think I have to describe the whole atmosphere, the ones who experienced it know and the ones who didn't just need to experience, because it's indescribable!

The music, xylobands, confetti, fireworks, beach balls, etc. and amazing people around you make it the best thing.

fangirling alert!

So, what was a bit different for me this time: I made the banner, I posted a picture here, saying: Please, play Parachutes, please, eat more chocolate, please, come to Slovakia. I knew there wasn't a chance they will play it, but I just hoped for some response, so I held up the banner everytime some of them went by. Actually, Chris was acknowledging probably all of the banners, I saw him giving thumbs up and things like that on the catwalk. But it seems like he was looking everywhere else but my way. But when Viva finished and Charlie Brown started, he went from the Xstage back and suddenly turned to me, he mimed "PARACHUTES", nodded and blew a kiss to me!!! I was so shocked, I did't expect it at all! I got a bit of hope he might play Parachutes after all, when he said it, but he didn't. Nevermind. So, if anyone comes across a video of that, please please, let me know!

I didn't take too many pictures as I wanted to purely enjoy the show. I'll upload the few I took later.

Another nice moment came on the C-stage, when Chris messed up Speed of Sound at the very beginning, because they laughed and he said something like: "I'm sorry, I'm having too much fun!"

You know how it goes, it's everything so fast after the C-stage, Clocks, Fix You, Every Teardrop and that's the end...

But they were so impressed by the crowd all four of them were walking around the whole stage and catwalks aplauding and bowing about 5 minutes before the usual final bow. And after that, Chris kissed the stage.

After the show, we went to the back of the stadium, to see if we could meet the band, but after an hour or so I asked some English speaking crew and they said the band left right after the show. We knew it but we had to try...

There were Viva-chants sounding around the stadium even 2 hours after the show!

Ok, this was just too long, I apologize. I could have written just "WOW!" instead! ;)

It was so amazing to be there, after 9 months of waiting since the date was announced, meet the amazing fans from all over the world and to see the boys play again. It's so addictive, I can't wait to do that again and I wouldn't mind to go queuing again, even tomorrow if I had to.

Edit: pictures added to my signature, if you wanna take a look.

You were so lucky, even though they didn't play Parachutes!!! It's the first time I hear about Chris blowing kisses to people :awesome: And I'm glad the guys were so happy and satisfied! Thank for your review :nice:

http://hudba.zoznam.sk/reportaze/17-09-2012-coldplay-v-prahe-duet-s-rihannou-rozbita-gitara-aj-bozkavanie-podia/

Coldplay in Prague: duet with Rihanna, smashed guitar as well as kissing the stage

As far as the concert performance is concerned, Coldplay have been the worldwide top for ages and their shows are usually hopelessly sold out. Last night, the band left their soul on a large stage in the Prague Synot Tip Arena and proved to be in the best shape for the current Mylo Xyloto Tour. Coldplay prepared literally a colorful whirlwind for their fans.

Triple concert in style

There is no doubt Coldplay grew up. From an alternative band, they shifted more to mainstream and can easily fill up stadiums where organization ticks like a watch and every point on the list offers something interesting. Everything is thought through and to electrify the fan is the goal from the very start.

Even yesterday, the band did not leave their biggest triumphs for the last moment. Already a few minutes before starting, the wristbands on the hands of all participants, which were part of the show and were handed out at the entrance, started to blink. This way, the aforementioned colorful “whirlwind” was activated stealthily, creating a perfect support for the scenery decorated within the theme of the latest Mylo Xyloto album.

The warm-up musical round started in Synot Tip Arena already at half past six, with performance of the first support. Frank Ocean, who was supposed to do the original support was replaced by a less known, but the more talented islander, Charli XCX. She introduced her mixture of new wave and a bit dark electro-pop, however was very good to listen to. But even if, as my neighbor said, “I don’t even have to look at her and I’m enjoying her music”, it was apparent that this young lady does not fit to the large stage as yet.

However, the female masterfulness was brought to the stage by Marina and the Diamonds, who entered in her glossy pink dress and was enjoying her performance from the very start. British singer of Greek-Welsh origin has already shown on the Grape festival in Piešťany last year that she knows how to approach fans. Even in Prague, she had no problems to communicate with the audience and with her cheerful songs created the right atmosphere for the main star to arrive.

Blinking wristbands and fireworks

Shortly before quarter to nine, the London quartet was introduced by the Jay-Z song, 99 Problems. Quite a genre shift compared to 2008 when the Coldplay concert in O2 Arena started with Strauss’ Waltz, The Blue Danube, but this has done no harm to the experienced Londoners. Wristbands on the viewers’ hands were pulsing like out of their minds, a shower of firework sparks raised to the air and the band has energetically launched its almost two-hour show with the newest titles, Mylo Xyloto followed by Hurts Like Heaven.

"Dobrý večer, je to skvělé být tady," (Good evening, it’s wonderful to be here), spoke the singer, Chris Martin, in Czech language and continued to tell in his mother tongue that the band will try to perform "the best fucking concert", it has ever played. Right after that, the stage framed by five circles with eye-catching projection was misted in red color and another song from the latest studio album, Major Minus, was played. However, the effective color changes, sparky bright fireworks and flying confetti, were still not enough and the next tune, Lovers In Japan, was supported by huge colorful balloons bounced by the audience all around the stadium.

What would you expect and what not

Coldplay’s hits are their security – it is impossible to play e.g. The Scientist and not to hear even the security guy at the entrance waken up. Also the melodies of Yellow or Violet Hill are really, but really made for stadiums. To their old alternative times, the band also returned with their song God Put A Smile Upon Your Face, which was transformed into a rock blast-off, including something you might not expect, which is Chris going totally crazy smashing his guitar against the ground. Also this is one of the proofs that the Coldplay of these days, in spite of the aforementioned shift towards mainstream, is definitely not only the impious glib pop for masses.

These are exactly the uncomplimentary words used by the “die-hard” fans for the song Princess Of China. However, after the more rock-like part of the concert, one of their “most commercial” song was a pleasant refreshment. During the current tour, Coldplay also bring Rihanna with them, even if not literally. The singer appeared on projection in the snippets from the videoclip and thus the song sounded much more effectively as if Chris Martin sang the female parts on his own, as he has done a few times before.

After the short slowdown in the tempo, there were other “stadium tunes” on the list, Viva La Vida, at the end of which was the exhausted singer lying on the stage and the audience finished the song for him, Charlie Brown, when the stadium was cut by lasers and a noticeably quick goodbye after the Paradise.

Viva La Coldplay

It is sometimes very convenient to have the "oh-oh-oh" chant in a song, the resourceful fans decided to call the band back after the lights went down, and the Viva La Vida chant was heard through the whole arena. In the encore set, the quartet appeared on a small stage in the middle of the crowd, which was not so surprising anymore (they did a similar piece in Prague also four years ago) and performed the songs Us Against The World, with drummer Will Champion behind the piano and microphone, and Speed Of Sound done by the whole quartet.

Soon after that, Coldplay returned back to the main stage to fire the last three pieces of the evening – Clocks, Fix You and the final Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, during which the band used immersive fireworks, flickering lights and blinking wristbands jumping with the crowd. After the final bow, the frontman bent down and as a sign of respect kissed the stage which was the setting of a megalomaniac but probably the most colorful concert of this year in the Czech Republic. There’s no wonder - Coldplay do their job really amazingly.

Here are pictures what my BF took ^^ They are not that awesome, but for photos, that were taken on my phone, I think they are pretty good :D Videos will be uploaded later :) They need to be edited :)

http://imageshack.us/g/1/9768111/

http://imageshack.us/g/1/9768122/

http://imageshack.us/g/1/9768141/

http://imageshack.us/g/1/9768143/

Almost a year ago, I remember seeing a headline about Coldplay, a band I love, opening their European tour dates and tickets up online. My boys, also music fans, scrambled around me as they finished their homework that night, and helped me try to line up tickets. Coldplay was coming to Prague! Our town! Getting to see a great band like Coldplay in a historic music city like Prague is a once-in-a-lifetime deal. The tickets didn’t come easily — whole rows sold while I tried to get the form information to work. But by the time dinner was supposed to be on the table, I didn’t have dinner made, but my golly, I had 5 tickets to Coldplay! In Prague! In September 2012! It seemed so far away then, but the year passed — and this past Sunday night, my husband and I and our three sons stepped onto the Prague Metro to venture to the Slavia Stadium in Prague 10. Eleven subway stops and 3 tram stops later, we were there, and the entire stadium surroundings (Soviet Bloc highrises) and crowd was electric. It only got better from there… The Coldplay Mylo Xyloto concert wasn’t about Coldplay the band — it was about music and the crowd and having fun. They made it all interactive with lighted bracelets, massive beach balls, confetti sprays, fireworks, etc. It was amazing. Lesson learned: Pursue what it is you love to do, learn to do it well, and people will want to come and watch you do what you love. And when you make it to the top, make it not about you but about the people and it will shine so bright it will blow everyone’s minds. Thank you, Coldplay, for being a first-class act. Your concert made for one great family memory in Prague! [thanks Jennifer Lyn King]

http://jenniferlynking.com/2012/09/19/coldplay-lights-music-and-prague/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=coldplay-lights-music-and-prague

coldplay8-1024x764.jpg

coldplay1-1024x764.jpg

coldplay2-1024x764.jpg

coldplay4-1024x764.jpg

coldplay5-e1347969423416-764x1024.jpg

coldplay6-1024x764.jpg

First We made ​​it just for a second - we went to the Coldplay (the support slot we were not there). As we walked down the hallway, we have heard the support slot. We go into the hall, the lights .. and the stage is the four paka: D. Pusa right to 'O'. We sat down to the first song, we nezacláněli: D. Second View also really cool place - if we were on the balcony or in the second floor. We saw everything pretty residue. Although Chris came to me, like an ant (: D), but near was seen on giant screens. Anyway, I shitted on the screen and stared at him ^ ^. Third Dad made ​​the last 5 minutes concert - who would want to look at it, at the end of the article is available. there is the end and the entire Fix You Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall. The irony is that we discovered that we had left so 200M memory, which is about 10 seconds: D. Therefore, it could make dad consequently damn good: D. Quality is not the best, but it was shot on a small camera, so you may not want miracles: D. 4th Nesmrkala I even once: D - yeah, you do not even care, but I'm happy. I have a terrible cold, the concert I took maybe four handkerchiefs + dig into his back pocket, but there was no need: D. Perhaps it vyříram but now, because I have already completely sedřenej nose. Does not make it right: D. (5 girlfriends slapped with a drummer - this I have to write to be happy Elis D. Irrespective of the concert I was with my sister and friend have just. Were slightly lower than me, and when the guys were conducted on a smaller stage on the other side of the stadium, drummer slapped her on one (who's it was?: D) struck middle, the third on her smile .. The only Chris had around 80 bodyguards, crouch and ran gebil how idiot: D. As ever, I envy: P.) But seriously, it was a divine concert. Choosing Písnice - amazing. Lighting design - perfect. They even handed out bracelets and controlled by computer, which then blink to the rhythm of songs. A Coldplay on stage were really at home. I must not forget to mention that Chris on guitar and piano seriously rolled out: D. At first he said that we are the best audience. Czech talked to us (he said "Good evening", "Thank you," and many times I've "Thanks" <- you can see in the video around 1:05), it always pleases the audience when the singer speaks them their native language. Even there the podium and kissed and held our flag (initially I thought the color according to the British: D). On stage behaved badly as a child. Everywhere hopped and jumped and it was obvious that she enjoys it. At the beginning of the Speed ​​of Sound started laughing and had to start again. But it took people with humor: D. the only thing that bothered me was that with them the song Princess of China Rihanna did not act, but at least it was for them on canvas (even though I knew about it ahead of time) and that Paradise had the elephant outfits. While I understand that it is cooked in it. Chris was after 3 songs completely sweat: D had such a jump, asshole: D. Really for me it was very emotional, especially when the entire hall sang The Scientist, Yellow, Viva la Vida, Paradise and Fix You end (see video around 0:50). For that, I almost cried. Really thanks a lot for that :) zářitek. I thanked us guys, both on FB and Twitter, it was a wonderful evening :). [thanks zoey-love] http://zoey-love.blog.cz/1209/coldplay-prague-16-09-12-mylo-xyloto-tour

Lastly, I'll end with Sunday. COLDPLAY. I went to the concert in an outdoor soccer stadium, and it was AMAZING. The stage was beautiful, the lights were awesome, and the crowd was packed and excited. Coldplay came on around 8:30 and put on a firework show with light up radio activated bracelets that flashed to the stream of the music. It was incredible. One of the best concerts I've been to because they were so amazing live (both entertaining and vocally). [thanks Kyle] http://pacingthroughprague.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/speed-of-sound.html

http://www.protisedi.cz/article/telegraficky-coldplay-v-praze-coldplay-humberto

Telegraphic report: Coldplay in Prague. Coldplay Humberto.

Now Bono is "dead", long live Chris Martin.

1) It was a circus.

2) Chris Martin and his cohort are in a perfect psychical, physical as well as musical shape and the concert was euphoric for the audience as well as for the band.

3) Confetti, fireworks, painted balloons, blinking wristbands for every viewer, controlled by someone somewhere, lights, clapping, choirs and even more confetti … no, it was not a show for children.

4) In spite of the slightly childish form of the event, it was impossible to miss how this band’s songs are.

5) Yellow, Viva la Vida, Lovers in Japan, Violet Hill, The Scientist... joyful pop, hard to resist.

6) In some moments, the concert seemed like the Mylo Xyloto album has never happened and the set was based on hit singles of the past. It worked. All the slightly frustrated moms in the audience, as well as Polish crowds, middle class families and peasant sons were full of joy.

7) The show raised an impression to be optimized for mobile phones. Smartphones were going to full power, the network was overload, the whirlwind of colors and lights did not stop for a moment.

8) "Now the old king is dead, long live the king," Bono’s missed the train and the new king of guitar pop for masses is ... Chris Martin.

9) Bonus: we don’t have a recording of the concert but the band played on the Paralympics a few days ago, recording of their show starts about 40 minutes in here

10) Photographer Petr Klapper published a nice photogallery at his pages, here http://petrklapper.com/Events/120916-COLDPLAY/.

Coldplay, Praha, Synot Tip Arena (Slavia - stadion Eden), Praha, 16.9.2012

Ahojte priatelia :)

chcel by som sa len tak malicko pochvalit fotkou s Guyom Berrymenom. Stretli sme ho v pondelok po koncerte na hlavnom namesti v Prahe, sedeli sme si v restauracií a bolo pri nás volné miesto. Po chvíli si k nám sadol nejaký pár ale nevenoval som tomu pozornost. Po chvíli som sa nanich pozrel a neveril som vlastným očiam prisadol si knám Guy aj s priatelkou :) Myslel som si, ze chalani uz nie su v prahe ale potvrdilo sa mi to, ze ostali v Prahe a boli si pozriet Prahu. Guy sa velmi pekne venoval svojej priatelke, dali si nejaky drink a potom sme uz ich zastavili a poprosili sme par fotiek :) Bolo to velmi milé stretnutie po neopakovatelnom koncerte v prahe... :)

2a97atd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
^ the stupid part of my brain thinks she slept with him and is pregnant.

As I said, the stupid part of it :|

I ARE CONFUZZLED! :dizzy:

I think she refers to recent rumors of Gwyneth being pregnant....but those rumors are completely false.