✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[8-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ United Center, Chicago, IL, USA

Ebs757

daniellesanders ‏@danisandi

My normal row seat just became front row!! Awesome:) #coldplay #chrismartin @briansanders_

?size=l

congrats he is in the same photo with Chris hahhaha :D this is like funnyphoto bombs :D

and yeah AMSTERDAM

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY CRAP

:dead:

Instant goosebumps over here. Love it that Chris sings it with the same passion as in 2003 on the DVD :wacky:

This freaking song.... I hope they will play it here as well :bigcry:

It should be 50 minutes long instead of 5 :drunk:

80chigg.jpg

Panoramas: United Center, Chicago

9 August 2012 2:34 pm

Check out our hi-res crowd shots from the two shows

news_line.png

Here are Roadie #42's pre-show crowd shots from two great nights in Chicago. Click the image to see/download the full hi-res version. And please do add your own photos from the show to our Live Archive.

WEDNESDAY 8 AUGUST

20120808-Chicago-Crowd2-Small.jpg

TUESDAY 7 AUGUST

20120807Chicago1Crowd_Small.jpg

Click here for lots more summer 2012 crowd panoramas.

Anchorman

So I know what I will be listening to on loop today.... sigh! Amazing! So happy for you guys!

Sometimes I feel like it was a lil bit of a mis-step seeing them on their first leg here... there were no setlist changes, no panoramas but still a great show of course.

More pix from Twitter:

Cory + Jackie ‏@CoryandJackie

Amazing show tonight!!! #coldplayfilm http://pic.twitter.com/MBXYagul

Az1de4dCQAAuqxI.jpg

Daly Tongren ‏@dalycrockett

#coldplayfilm http://pic.twitter.com/067vlaMX

Az1woUCCYAAiU2M.jpg

Hayden Morse ‏@hayden_4_

This was one of the best nights of my life. #coldplayfilm #Coldplay http://pic.twitter.com/WbPYfEST

Az1dANCCIAAeIyT.jpg

Jarrod Grubb ‏@jgatky

What an incredible night with my wife @Jenny_M_Grubb at @coldplay - cant imagine a better show. #coldplayfilm #unreal http://twitpic.com/ah67t3

ah67t3

wanessa tavares ‏@wanessatavares

#coldplayinchicago #coldplayfilm http://instagr.am/p/OGFTZSiVYl/

?size=l

Brooke Saltzman ‏@brookesaltzman1

#coldplayfilm Best. Night. Of. My. Life #coldplay http://pic.twitter.com/aM1vCC1K

Az1Kt3nCMAE5XBq.jpg

Matthew Piechalak ‏@mpiechel

#coldplay #coldplayfilm #unitedcenter #concert #xylobands #lights #igerschicago #chitribins @ United Center

?size=l

Evin Krehbiel ‏@EvinPhotography

Epic night! #coldplayfilm #chicago

?size=l

So I know what I will be listening to on loop today.... sigh! Amazing! So happy for you guys!

Sometimes I feel like it was a lil bit of a mis-step seeing them on their first leg here... there were no setlist changes, no panoramas but still a great show of course.

There's a panorama at every show.

Review from: http://feministjudge.tumblr.com/

The Coldplay Story to end all Coldplay Stories

Last night, my friends and I were going to see Coldplay at the United Center in Chicago. We decided to do the over-the-top thing and make our own t-shirts before the shows. We printed the little symbols for each song on Mylo Xyloto, cut them into watercolor paper to make stencils, cut up some shirts, and spray-painted the heck out of them. One of my friends spray-painted some pants that she had dip-dyed beautiful neon colors.

We battled through Chicago rush hour, missing most of the first opening act. When we finally got there, I stopped to fill up my water bottle. I come back to see my friends talking to a short woman in a jacket and a guy with a green mohawk. I figured they were just other people at the concert who wanted to talk about our clothes. They were asking about my friend’s pants, and how long it took us to make our shirts. Then I noticed something on their belt loops: a green badge with COLDPLAY in the Mylo Xyloto font on it. I assume they want to take a picture of us or put us in some fan video for the website or something. They ask if we’re excited, if we’ve seen the band before. We tell them we saw them at Lolla last year, etc etc.

They asked where we were sitting. We told them section 305, the highest balcony. Then the guy says, “I’ll cut to the chase.” He turns to one friend, says, “Are you good with numbers?” Then he pulls out four tickets and asks, “Are these seats good?” Friend immediately puts her hands over her mouth and starts saying “Oh my God!” over and over. They guy turns to the rest of us and says, “Well it’s not the first row…it’s the second.” This is the point where I assume this is a giant scam. I kept thinking…who are these strange people offering these amazing seats…this must be a trick to get our tickets and get us kicked out. It wasn’t.

They took our tickets to give to Oxfam volunteers. How amazing is that? We thank them, hug them, head down the stairs and start screaming. I couldn’t believe this was real. Last year at Lollapalooza we staked out spots in the second row, waited all day, battled crowds, dehydration, and smoke, all so we could see Coldplay from about 30 feet away. We all said nothing could ever top that experience. We were wrong. We head downstairs. About 5 million people check our tickets as we get closer and closer to the front; security was tight. When we finally get all the way up to the second row we were all basically crying and screaming, and we were met with cheers by other fans in homemade shirts who had been just as lucky as us.

The concert was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. There were times when we were no more than six feet away from Jonny and three feet away from Chris. I made direct eye contact and got smiles and nods from all four of them. I had no understanding of my fangirling capabilities until last night. I screamed their names until I was hoarse, I blew kisses when they looked at me, I considered throwing my bra on stage (which would have been a bad idea considering I was wearing a homemade muscle shirt…). I always kind of looked down on girls who fangirl like that at say, Justin Bieber concerts. Something just came over me. I couldn’t control it. I was just so happy, so disbelieving.

I screamed louder than I’ve ever screamed, I jumped higher than I’ve ever jumped, I made a bigger fool of myself than ever before. It was beautiful. I will never forget it.

What an amazing concert. By far my favorite so far on this tour. I knew Chicago would be special. The guys were having so much fun and laughing at Chris' modified lyrics the whole night. Amsterdam was awesome. My friends always ask me why I see so many shows if they play the same songs, and now I can use this example lol. A bunch of the people near me who were singing MX songs stopped singing and looked awkward during Amsterdam and that was a little funny. I have to say the highlight of my night was when Chris came over to me and gave me a thumbs up, then bent off the stage to shake my hand. He had been looking over all night which was a bit weird since he usually doesn't stare for that long. I was doing my crazy dance moves. Hope he was entertained by them :D. That was my last MX stop and I'm glad it was so memorable. I am feeling a bit of peer pressure to go see what 77,000 Xylobands looks like though, so maybe one more stop in Paris. We'll see.

I've got some photos/videos that I'll probably post tomorrow.

OMG! Amsterdam!! :heart: :heart: So beautiful... I can't stop watching the video.

Some days ago, I said that I would love to hear that song live once (or see you soon... ;)) I hope they will keep it in the setlist!!

I am little bit confused... did they play it as an additional song? Or did the leave out any song they play normally?

#46 Everything has to end.

I love Chicago. It's a great town. I have several crazy friends here and I always have a grand time. I believe Coldplay feels the same about the city. They always play great shows here. So there was no doubt in my mind that I would be coming to any and all shows they play here. They didn't disappoint.

My day started out not so great. Kidney stone to start the day is crappy way to start any day, but concert day is extra crappy. Luckily it passed early and I was ready to go that afternoon. I met Mike down at the UC and we walked around inside for a while. Ran into Kelly and her family on the 300 level. She said the roadies had been about checking them out but had left. Mike and I went to our seats on the floor and after the 1st act, Kelly appeared and said they got upgraded to row 2. :awesome:

We were on the floor on Guy's side about even with the sound booth.

From the beginning I could tell this was gonna be an awesome show. Chris was really hyper and pumped up. Now to say Chris Martin was hyper may sound like just a regular day, but he was REALLY hyper. Hyper beyond hyper. :lol: And the crowd was LOUD. At first we thought maybe it was where we were sitting. That we could just hear them more than the night before but no, they were crazy loud. The band sound was perfect. If you sit level with the sound booth, you hear what Dan Green hears, so you get the best sound mix.

At the beginning of Yellow Chris said we should sing it for someone we love. He then dedicated it to his kids Apple and Moses. awwwwwwwww :wacky:

We saw Kelly and her hubby, Kevin on the big screen jumping like loons. :D Kev is a wild man at shows and a great choice for an upgrade. They were on the big screen a lot.

When the band walked out to the X Stage I noticed 2 things. First Chris went over and was saying something in Will's ear. OMG, look they are planning something. :wink3: We had been there the night before and hoped they would give Amsterdam another try. Then when Chris sat down at the piano, he pulled out a piece of paper and put it on the piano. Song lyrics perhaps? :sneaky: Then they played it! Was it perfect, no. Was is 100% correct, no. Was it the most beautiful thing we heard that night....YES. I thought about calling Julie who had pressed Chris in DC to play it again, but could barely function enough to work my phone to tape it. Scrolling through contact lists was not happening. Sorry Julie. :P

Amsterdam wasn't the only set list change that night. Chris will sometimes throw in a few lines from Wonderful World before Fix You, but tonight he played a whole special Chicago edition of it. With shout outs to the city, the venue, the fans, the Bulls, and of course Michael Jordan. The man is just too adorable for words. :dazzled:

After the show was over I was surprised that Dan was still in the sound booth. He usually leaves before ETIAW ends. I went and talked with him some. I asked if Chris showed up early just to rehearse Amsterdam and he said yes. He gave me his set list.

After we waited outside the gate to see if Chris would stop. He didn't but we had fun waiting anyway. :lol: By 1am they had broke down the stage, had it loaded in the trucks and were pulling out. That's pretty impressive.

All in all it was an emotional day for me. Last night on the tour is always a sad and joyous occasion. This has been a great tour. To all my old Coldplay friends it was great seeing you all again. To all the new Coldplayers I met, hope to see you around again. To Coldplay, thanks for so many awesome memories. To several members of their crew, you guys are so awesome and nice. Thanks for everything you do. Until we meet again, peace out.

20120808_184733.jpg

IMG_3566.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

20120809_021229.jpg

What an amazing concert. By far my favorite so far on this tour. I knew Chicago would be special. The guys were having so much fun and laughing at Chris' modified lyrics the whole night. Amsterdam was awesome. My friends always ask me why I see so many shows if they play the same songs, and now I can use this example lol. A bunch of the people near me who were singing MX songs stopped singing and looked awkward during Amsterdam and that was a little funny. I have to say the highlight of my night was when Chris came over to me and gave me a thumbs up, then bent off the stage to shake my hand. He had been looking over all night which was a bit weird since he usually doesn't stare for that long. I was doing my crazy dance moves. Hope he was entertained by them :D. That was my last MX stop and I'm glad it was so memorable. I am feeling a bit of peer pressure to go see what 77,000 Xylobands looks like though, so maybe one more stop in Paris. We'll see.

I've got some photos/videos that I'll probably post tomorrow.

he had been looking over you all night because you have been a lot of concerts, even i can recognize your face from the photoshoots :D

#46 Everything has to end.

I love Chicago. It's a great town. I have several crazy friends here and I always have a grand time. I believe Coldplay feels the same about the city. They always play great shows here. So there was no doubt in my mind that I would be coming to any and all shows they play here. They didn't disappoint.

My day started out not so great. Kidney stone to start the day is crappy way to start any day, but concert day is extra crappy. Luckily it passed early and I was ready to go that afternoon. I met Mike down at the UC and we walked around inside for a while. Ran into Kelly and her family on the 300 level. She said the roadies had been about checking them out but had left. Mike and I went to our seats on the floor and after the 1st act, Kelly appeared and said they got upgraded to row 2. :awesome:

We were on the floor on Guy's side about even with the sound booth.

From the beginning I could tell this was gonna be an awesome show. Chris was really hyper and pumped up. Now to say Chris Martin was hyper may sound like just a regular day, but he was REALLY hyper. Hyper beyond hyper. :lol: And the crowd was LOUD. At first we thought maybe it was where we were sitting. That we could just hear them more than the night before but no, they were crazy loud. The band sound was perfect. If you sit level with the sound booth, you hear what Dan Green hears, so you get the best sound mix.

At the beginning of Yellow Chris said we should sing it for someone we love. He then dedicated it to his kids Apple and Moses. awwwwwwwww :wacky:

We saw Kelly and her hubby, Kevin on the big screen jumping like loons. :D Kev is a wild man at shows and a great choice for an upgrade. They were on the big screen a lot.

When the band walked out to the X Stage I noticed 2 things. First Chris went over and was saying something in Will's ear. OMG, look they are planning something. :wink3: We had been there the night before and hoped they would give Amsterdam another try. Then when Chris sat down at the piano, he pulled out a piece of paper and put it on the piano. Song lyrics perhaps? :sneaky: Then they played it! Was it perfect, no. Was is 100% correct, no. Was it the most beautiful thing we heard that night....YES. I thought about calling Julie who had pressed Chris in DC to play it again, but could barely function enough to work my phone to tape it. Scrolling through contact lists was not happening. Sorry Julie. :P

Amsterdam wasn't the only set list change that night. Chris will sometimes throw in a few lines from Wonderful World before Fix You, but tonight he played a whole special Chicago edition of it. With shout outs to the city, the venue, the fans, the Bulls, and of course Michael Jordan. The man is just too adorable for words. :dazzled:

After the show was over I was surprised that Dan was still in the sound booth. He usually leaves before ETIAW ends. I went and talked with him some. I asked if Chris showed up early just to rehearse Amsterdam and he said yes. He gave me his set list.

After we waited outside the gate to see if Chris would stop. He didn't but we had fun waiting anyway. :lol: By 1am they had broke down the stage, had it loaded in the trucks and were pulling out. That's pretty impressive.

All in all it was an emotional day for me. Last night on the tour is always a sad and joyous occasion. This has been a great tour. To all my old Coldplay friends it was great seeing you all again. To all the new Coldplayers I met, hope to see you around again. To Coldplay, thanks for so many awesome memories. To several members of their crew, you guys are so awesome and nice. Thanks for everything you do. Until we meet again, peace out.

20120808_184733.jpg

IMG_3566.jpg

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3560.jpg

20120809_021229.jpg

Bittersweet:(:) Great review and pics... Thanks for sharing all your shows with us:)