🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Yeah, I thought it was something like that, I just didn't know what he meant by Zetas :laugh3: At first I thought it was 'deceit has filled the skies' which made sense to me but then I looked it up and got all confused :confused:

Hmmm, I get the feeling Matt Bellamy has a huge obsession with aliens and science fiction and all that stuff, what with all the references to space. I love that sort of thing :)

yeah probably haha, alien/sci fi references are all over his lyrics. :wacko:

Yeah, I always thought it was about aliens, too-one of Matt's favorite topics :p. Great song, though, I love the beat throughout.

Put in my votes. Not that my American opinion will matter much :lol:.

I hate it when two things/people I like are up for something-I love both Matt and Dom, how can they make me choose like that? I went for Matt, though.

What's this about "another drunk interview", by the way? Sounds fun.

WHAT? You have not seen the hilarity that is the Drunk Matt NME interview? o:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I hadn't, no! I was without internet at various times the last year or so, so I've missed out on a lot.

Oh, Matt. That was...entertaingly weird. Who the hell is he taunting out of shot there :lol:? And his opening line made me laugh for probably all the wrong reasons. Going out and partying with him must be quite the spectacle sometimes.

I did like hearing him say Edge was better than a UFO. I'm sure Edge would appreciate that (strange) compliment.

Also, man, there are times Dom really reminds me of a female friend of mine in regards to his facial expressions. It's sorta scary, the similarity.

I regularly quote that interview to fellow Musers, often when I myself am drunk. "I'm heading for greatness" has become part of my daily dialogue, and of course, "FUCK OFF YOU ****" is fun to yell at another Muser even when you're sober.

I still love Chris randomly dawdling in the background and pretending like he doesn't know Matt or Dom.

I still love Chris randomly dawdling in the background and pretending like he doesn't know Matt or Dom.

haha yeah :lol: Those people are like "hey aren't you that guy from Muse?" and he's just like "no, I've never met these strange people in my life!" :P

Has it really been a year since drunk Matt? Good times.

fjdkalsjfdkls your avatar

no rush

:mellow:

I regularly quote that interview to fellow Musers, often when I myself am drunk. "I'm heading for greatness" has become part of my daily dialogue, and of course, "FUCK OFF YOU ****" is fun to yell at another Muser even when you're sober.

I'd imagine I'd quote Muse as well when I'm drunk.

I would know if I was old enough to drink. :|

^Glad you like it! :nice:

*waltzes around* Moriarty is perfection and my king. :dazzled:

I've been really liking your avatars lately. :D Your current one is a thing of beauty.

I'm going to buy a music book in the next few days that includes the Thieving Magpie. :mellow: Too bad I can't play clarinet and dance like Andrew Scott at the same time. :bigcry:

Thank you! I don't make them, I just steal them. :ninja: And yeah, I love Sherlock and his violin. :heart:

The Small print is just :dazzled:

And Stockholm Syndrome and Blackout as well. :awesome:

First time I heard "Blackout" I actually stopped what I was doing, it caught my attention that strongly. It's always a very good sign for a song when it makes me react that way. The song just gives me chills, especially the part where Matt's voice meets up and crescendos with the strings after the last verse, and I get such vivid images in my head when I listen to it. I love it when music makes me do that.

Love those other songs, too. There's not a bad spot on that album. I'm glad you're enjoying it so much :).

I'm going to buy a music book in the next few days that includes the Thieving Magpie. :mellow: Too bad I can't play clarinet and dance like Andrew Scott at the same time. :bigcry:

Thank you! I don't make them, I just steal them. :ninja: And yeah, I love Sherlock and his violin. :heart:

Nice! Is there one for solo clarinet? If you keep practicing, you definitely could dance and play at the same time! Or play that piece and steal the Crown Jewels at the same time for extra flare. If that even works. :blank: :P

Aww, i love Blackout. Defo among my faves from Absolution.

Have you guys heard the orchestral version of it? It's played over the end credits of the HAARP dvd.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDK-C5GNAz4]Muse - HAARP Blackout Instrumental (w/ download link)[/ame]

Nice! Is there one for solo clarinet? If you keep practicing, you definitely could dance and play at the same time! Or play that piece and steal the Crown Jewels at the same time for extra flare. If that even works. :blank: :P

Yup! That's why I'm getting it. (as well as for the 90 other classical pieces that I adore that are on it. :mellow:)

Haha! Well, there's no rush to learn it.

see what I did thar:ninja:

Aww, i love Blackout. Defo among my faves from Absolution.

Have you guys heard the orchestral version of it? It's played over the end credits of the HAARP dvd.

Have that on my iPod, actually. :nice:

Saw this on Tumblr awhile back. I actually really like it! :awesome:

http://unnaturallyselected.tumblr.com/post/16954861871/supermassive-black-hole-vocals-only-muse

Ooh, I've heard that SMBH vocals-only version before. So good.

Yup! That's why I'm getting it. (as well as for the 90 other classical pieces that I adore that are on it. :mellow:)

Haha! Well, there's no rush to learn it.

see what I did thar:ninja:

Ninety! Sounds like a good deal. I hope you have fun learning/playing the pieces. :nice:

"Oh, that's clever. That's really clever." I do see what you did there. :P

Since I'm obsessed with making up Coldplay setlists, I decided to have a go at the ideal Muse setlist. I'm not that much of a Muse expert yet, so it might be a completely stupid setlist: :P

Uprising

New Born

Sunburn

Take A Bow

Bliss

Muscle Museum

Resistance

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Supermassive Black Hole

Undisclosed Desires

Map Of The Problematique

Sing For Absolution

United States Of Eurasia

Plug In Baby

Invincible

Unnatural Selection

Hysteria

Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1

Stockholm Syndrome

(encore)

The Small Print

Feeling Good

Butterflies & Hurricanes

(encore 2)

Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist

Knights Of Cydonia

Since I'm obsessed with making up Coldplay setlists, I decided to have a go at the ideal Muse setlist. I'm not that much of a Muse expert yet, so it might be a completely stupid setlist: :P

Uprising

Supermassive Black Hole

New Born

Map of The Problematique

Bliss

Hysteria

Butterflies & Hurricanes/Sing For Absolution

United States of Eurasia

Feeling Good

Sunburn

The Small Print/Thoughts of A Dying Atheist

Undisclosed Desires

Resistance/Invincible

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Muscle Museum

Unnatural Selection

-------------------------

Exogenesis: Symphony Part 1 (Overture)

Stockholm Syndrome

--------------------------

Take A Bow

Plug In Baby

Knights Of Cydonia

Fixed (by Muse-standards unfortunetely..) ;)

I don't think I've written here yet btw :o Muse has easily been my number one band for a couple of years now (sorry Coldplay, you're a strong second though) and I highly doubt I will ever see a better gig than Reading last year! If I'm having a bad day, I just look at that wristband..