🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Trust me Showbiz after a while of playing muse songs (they are really addictive to play, e.g. plug in baby, dead star, supermassive black hole, new born, knights) it's hard to pick up a guitar without doing some muse riffs.

I'm trying to learn Exogenesis 2. I got everything but that middle section of the intro is really hard, I SO understand why Matt doesn't play it.

Back to the songs...

Apocalypse please :dozey: atm

I think it's because I'm in the middle of my exams I'm re-loving this song :laugh3:

Trust me Showbiz after a while of playing muse songs (they are really addictive to play, e.g. plug in baby, dead star, supermassive black hole, new born, knights) it's hard to pick up a guitar without doing some muse riffs.

I'm trying to learn Exogenesis 2. I got everything but that middle section of the intro is really hard, I SO understand why Matt doesn't play it.

Back to the songs...

Apocalypse please :dozey: atm

I think it's because I'm in the middle of my exams I'm re-loving this song :laugh3:

I can't wake up in the morning without a Muse riff being stuck in my head, so I can imagine! :lol: :P

I do wish they would play it in its entirety live, just once even! :bigcry: It's so pretty. :wacky:

I love Apocalypse Please. There's something about it that I just can't get out of my head. :dazzled:

Do you think Muse songs sound at least okay on the acoustic? :thinking: Obviously it wouldn't sound the same, but as long as it sounded Muse-y I'd be okay. :lol:

Nature_1

Unintended

Map of your head

Undisclosed Desires (the acoustic version is really nice [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIRG79FT2vs]YouTube - Muse - Undisclosed desires - acoustic cover by onlyfavoritemusic[/ame] and it's easy to learn :) )

City of Delusion (well the acoustic part :P)

Falling away with you (Pretty hard though)

Bedroom acoustics (again takes practise)

Soldier's poem

I know there's more I'm forgetting. Starlight can be a nice start.

You play piano too? Nice! :wacko:

My poor fingers aren't faring too well either. :disappointed:

Do you remember what song that was? I really want to play something more interesting than chords. :lol: Although I don't mind chords too much, I understand how important they are. :|

Wow, thanks! :wacko: I currently have an electric, but I'm sort of long-term borrowing it from my teacher. I want to get an acoustic when I feel I'm decent on the electric. :nice:

Do you think Muse songs sound at least okay on the acoustic? :thinking: Obviously it wouldn't sound the same, but as long as it sounded Muse-y I'd be okay. :lol:

Yup! I recorded a little jam on piano a while ago, you can check it out here: http://snd.sc/gkYsAF

I think you'll probably recognize that tune :P

Haha i know, i used to wrap duct tape around my fingers so they wouldn't go numb from the pain :wreck: And i was a begginer but i was using steels strings so it was even more painful :disappointed: Yeah, it was creep by radiohead haha. Muse didn't exist back then and i was a huge radiohead fan and i wanted to play that tune for a girl i liked so yeah /cool story bro

Aww you should've started with an acoustic one, it's easier than the electric or at least it was for me :wacky:

Haha totally! I recorded an acoustic version of starlight and hysteria and they sound quite decent :muse:

Nature_1

Unintended

Map of your head

Undisclosed Desires (the acoustic version is really nice)

City of Delusion (well the acoustic part :P)

Falling away with you (Pretty hard though)

Bedroom acoustics (again takes practise)

I know there's more I'm forgetting. Starlight can be a nice start.

Okay, thanks! :wacko:

I'll try some of those once I can get House of the Rising Sun. :lol:

Yup! I recorded a little jam on piano a while ago, you can check it out here: http://snd.sc/gkYsAF

Haha i know, i used to wrap duct tape around my fingers so they wouldn't go numb from the pain :wreck: And i was a begginer but i was using steels strings so it was even more painful :disappointed: Yeah, it was creep by radiohead haha. Muse didn't exist back then and i was a huge radiohead fan and i wanted to play that tune for a girl i liked so yeah /cool story bro

Aww you should've started with an acoustic one, it's easier than the electric or at least it was for me :wacky:

Haha totally! I recorded an acoustic version of starlight and hysteria and they sound quite decent :muse:

Aw, come on Ren, I was excited for the challenge of recognizing it, and then you gave it away with the title! :disappointed: :P

On a serious note, that sounds really good! :wacko: That's one of my favorite songs. :wacky:

Duct tape sounds like a really good idea right now. :lol:

Is Creep easy? Maybe I'll try that in a few weeks. :nice:

I know I should have. :disappointed: But the only guitar teacher in the area specializes in electric guitar, so i figured I should do that. But I don't have an amp, so it's kind of like an acoustic right now. :lol:

Okay then! :wacky:

CE ! :D

Reaaally? I found electric was better to learn than acoustic.

I've recently got rid of the fret markers just because Matt does it. It's surprisingly easy to know which fret is which. That will be the only musefanboy thing I'll do. Promise.

I already can put my fingers on the third fret without looking down. :blush:

It's hard though, because I mainly play clarinet, and to play clarinet your fingers need to be perfectly flat. . . the exact opposite of what you want with guitar. :freak:

So that messes with my mind a bit. :|

Aw, come on Ren, I was excited for the challenge of recognizing it, and then you gave it away with the title! :disappointed: :P

On a serious note, that sounds really good! :wacko: That's one of my favorite songs. :wacky:

I know I should have. :disappointed: But the only guitar teacher in the area specializes in electric guitar, so i figured I should do that. But I don't have an amp, so it's kind of like an acoustic right now. :lol:

If you're learning House of the rising sun, learn Karma Police after! it uses most of the same chords.

OR some Coldplay acoustics. Don't Panic... Yellow... :wink3:

CE ! :D

Reaaally? I found electric was better to learn than acoustic.

I've recently got rid of the fret markers just because Matt does it. It's surprisingly easy to know which fret is which. That will be the only musefanboy thing I'll do. Promise.

It was the other way around for me and when i finally played the electric it was super easy :P

Hahaha I wanted to buy one of those manson guitars with a kaoss pad that matt uses but they were so frigging expensive :disappointed: I'll get one someday cos the muse fanboy in me needs that guitar so badly :wreck:

Haha sorry! I let some other muser friends of mine listen to it but the couldn't guess it xD They were like " Hmm this tune sounds familiar but i can't remember it" -_-

I was in tears when they played CE when saw them :fanboy:

Haha i know and it actually helped me for a bit , it took me 3 long months to get used to the pain :disappointed:

Yeah, it's really easy but you need to use bar chords and they can be tricky when you first try to play the guitar ..especially when you slide your fingers from chord A to B (ouchie):wreck:

Ahh that sounds good! I teached myself how to play and it wasn't easy cos i didn't even have a clue how to hold a guitar straight and some friends laughed at me cos of that :disappointed:

If you're learning House of the rising sun, learn Karma Police after! it uses most of the same chords.

OR some Coldplay acoustics. Don't Panic... Yellow... :wink3:

I kind of gave up on HotRS because I'm not good enough. :P (I've only had this guitar for 2 days and only one lesson.

The only thing about the Coldplay songs is that they require a capo, which I do not have. :shame:

Although I suppose I could rubber band a pencil to replace that. :thinking:

It was the other way around for me and when i finally played the electric it was super easy :P

Hahaha I wanted to buy one of those manson guitars with a kaoss pad that matt uses but they were so frigging expensive :disappointed: I'll get one someday cos the muse fanboy in me needs that guitar so badly :wreck:

Haha sorry! I let some other muser friends of mine listen to it but the couldn't guess it xD They were like " Hmm this tune sounds familiar but i can't remember it" -_-

I was in tears when they played CE when saw them :fanboy:

Haha i know and it actually helped me for a bit , it took me 3 long months to get used to the pain :disappointed:

Yeah, it's really easy but you need to use bar chords and they can be tricky when you first try to play the guitar ..especially when you slide your fingers from chord A to B (ouchie):wreck:

Ahh that sounds good! I teached myself how to play and it wasn't easy cos i didn't even have a clue how to hold a guitar straight and some friends laughed at me cos of that :disappointed:

Would you get the MB1 or the DL1? And if MB1 then would you get the Red Glitter? (I would :wacky:)

Oh, boo. :sad: I listen to that song so often I know it almost by heart. :heart:

I was crying when they played CE too. Whenever I hear CE I just think of that moment of excitement and bliss (no pun intended) when I heard the first guitar riff. :wacky:

Maybe if I don't use duct tape my callouses will develop faster? :thinking: Oh well. No pain, no gain. :P

I was trying barre chords this morning, and I was all "No. :wreck:" :lol: Maybe in a few weeks. :P But I can play about 8 chords so far. :awesome: I can change between about 5 almost perfectly (okay, for a beginner :P), and then the last three I can do very slowly. :lol:

I've found that my strumming is worse than my finger placement in most cases. :shifty:

Ew, sliding? :sick: :disappointed: Maybe just chords for now. :lol:

That's pretty cool that you got so good through self teaching! :wacko: And I would have been in the same boat if I didn't have a teacher. :hug:

My teacher said that because I know rhythm and I can read music, I should learn the theory part of guitar faster. I'm quite happy about that. :awesome:

:awesome: I'm learning how to play House of the Rising Sun, I know how to play Feeling Good (easiest song EVER) and the first part of Starlight :lol: I got the guitar this Chrismas, but I'm terrible :wacky: Non-Muse songs I know how to play The Scientist and Seven Nation Army :lol:

Matt's granny coat FTW! :awesome:

^^Piano is awesome! :awesome: I only know how to play one Christmas song in it :lol:

^ My little cousins have a keyboard :shifty: a very good one actually...and they just destroy it! I've been tempted to bring it home, but it's to big :| I feel horrible when I see the kids destroying it!