✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone play the Violin?

Matter-Eater Lad

I've heard it was really hard. :thinking: But I'm sure you could do it. :wacko:

Not really. I'm debating if it's worth spending the money because I'm not musically talented at all or coordinated with my hands. At least with music.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yufebpfM2q0]How Difficult is the Violin to Learn? - YouTube[/ame]

Not really. I'm debating if it's worth spending the money because I'm not musically talented at all or coordinated with my hands. At least with music.

Owen Pallett didn't learn until college, I think. :cheesy:

Even if you aren't the most amazing musical person in the world, it could help you improve your coordination and maybe you'd like it a lot. Why does it matter if you aren't super amazing at it if you're having fun? :wacko: Horrible screeching sounds can be fun. :wacko:

It's extremely difficult to master. And, until you master it, it sounds horrible. If you're willing to put up with the noise you'll be making, and willing to stick with the instrument until you've mastered it, it's quite rewarding. But like I said, you have to be willing to accept the fact that it's not going to sound good at all unless you keep practicing, probably not for several years.

So I say go for it if you feel that you have the time and whatnot to play it for a while. :nice:

It's extremely difficult to master. And, until you master it, it sounds horrible.

This. D: My sister's been playing for five years, and until recently every song she's learned has sounded like a dying cat. :sad: Fiddling is fun though. :wacko:

If you're looking to buy one, I can hook you up. My best friend owns a violin shop. :wink3:

Fuck sake Nick, buying a fox, making a house, a garden, cycling, it's something new every month. What's next?! Learning Igbo?!

Anyway, if you're not naturally musical it's an awful instrument to select (Sorry everyone else who's been encouraging but I am a realist- he won't get through it) so just get a guitar you weird child. Have you tried playing the violin before? I borrowed one for a week, and I couldn't barely get the thing to make any noise at all. I have learned guitar before and quite a bit of piano, but the violin was horrendously frustrating.

Get a guitar, or a keyboard, I found piano to be a lot easier but maybe not as fun as geetar.

Fuck sake Nick, buying a fox, making a house, a garden, cycling, it's something new every month. What's next?! Learning Igbo?!

Anyway, if you're not naturally musical it's an awful instrument to select (Sorry everyone else who's been encouraging but I am a realist- he won't get through it) so just get a guitar you weird child. Have you tried playing the violin before? I borrowed one for a week, and I couldn't barely get the thing to make any noise at all. I have learned guitar before and quite a bit of piano, but the violin was horrendously frustrating.

Get a guitar, or a keyboard, I found piano to be a lot easier but maybe not as fun as geetar.

What's next? One of these days you guys are going to be shocked. Actually probably not because no one on here will hear about it.

• 3 months later...

Hey where's Nick been since that EPIC STUNT he never actually came out with?

What's next? One of these days you guys are going to be shocked. Actually probably not because no one on here will hear about it.

:blank: