✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[8-Feb-2012] Coldplay @ Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA, USA

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any tips would be nice. ;) do i need to find a faster computer? faster internet? do i need to start dating ryan seacrest? the AMEX and KROQ presales were both devastating to say the least! 45 min wait time, and NOTHING! i cannot bear anymore heartache.

Miracles do happen. Think if it happens it happens.

I can't understand why i so lucky but I'm gonna be in LA that day and I am definitely trying to get tickets. I tried to register in one of the 3 websites indicated by Anchorman to be able to participate of the presale tomorrow but it seems I can't. Do you guys know if only americans can register? It seems so, it says that the zipcode entered is not valid. I kinda checked on the terms and conditions but couldn't find anything. I can't participate of the contest though, I should be a resident. Also, since I'm from another country and before feb 8th I'll be traveling and won't be home so that they could send the ticket to my house, is it possible to get it on the very feb 8th in the Nokia space? I'm starting to get out of hope :sad:

any tips would be nice. ;) do i need to find a faster computer? faster internet? do i need to start dating ryan seacrest? the AMEX and KROQ presales were both devastating to say the least! 45 min wait time, and NOTHING! i cannot bear anymore heartache.

Used 2 computers and was difficult to get 2 seats as others said. Had some good ones, but discarded them. Because I tried to get closer and dating Ryan Seacrest might help. :lol: Be ready and set before the ticket time with those presale codes. Good luck. :)

I would recommend not posting the presale code in this thread, to make it harder for people buying tickets to scalp them. If they Google 'presale' and 'Coldplay', it will probably direct them to this thread... If any member here needs the presale code, send me a private message and I'll send it to you...

A couple of tips...

I've had experiences in the past with Ticketmaster, which uses "Verified by Visa" if you have a Visa credit card with that feature, where it glitches when using Mozilla Firefox. So if either applies to you, I would recommend using Microsoft Internet Explorer to buy your ticket, because you can get five minutes into the process and not be able to get past that stage, and have to start over (by which time all the tickets will probably be gone).

I would recommend hitting CTRL+F5 (hard refresh) on the main Ticketmaster order screen for this event, leading up to 10am.

What you choose as far as the options for tickets can be the difference between getting tickets and getting nothing at all, so you should decide ahead of time as best you can.

Usually the VIP ones are set off as a distinct option. Then usually there are options by both placement as well as price level.

I've found with Ticketmaster that if you choose "Best Available", it usually ranks General Admission highest, even if it isn't the most expensive option, which is kind of weird. May not always be true, but I've bought a lot of tickets recently for different shows, and that seemed to hold true.

If you want to try different options at the same time... it is best if you do it on two different devices. If you have two tabs in the same browser, one will usually override the other (same cookie?), and you could lose the better of the two options... I think it you use different brands of browsers on the same computer (have say Firefox in one window and Internet Explorer in another), you get around that (I think they use their own cookies). I have multiple computers and even multiple internet services from different internet providers, so I get completely around that. :lol: You can also use your smartphone...

Most importantly, keep checking, even a while after 10 am. I think some people "juggle" multiple tickets, and then end up going with one option and abandoning the rest, so those get kicked back out to be offered... so keep checking and even though you may get a null result, 10 minutes later some may be available again. I also wonder if maybe Ticketmaster lets them out in bunches just to level the playing field more (though I don't give them credit for being that compassionate ;))... so if you miss out, I'd just keep trying throughout the day even, up until 10 pm when the pre-sale is over.

Also, the expensive VIPs are usually the last to go (due to high cost), so that is always a fallback, as scalpers will probably be selling General Admissions for more than the VIPs anyway... also, a lot of the time with VIPs, you have to show your ID and/or credit card used to buy them at the venue to get the laminate, etc, so scalpers generally don't mess with those... (too much work/risk)

It looks like from the maps, the main advantage with the VIP tickets is an unobstructed view... other than that, you get some cool memorabilia and food/drinks (the latter of which isn't worth the premium, to me anyway!). The funny thing is, in the last two I went to (UCLA and Madrid) they promise early entry, but in both cases, let everyone in at the exact same time. :lol:

Jason

I have been to club nokia a few times. The VIP is upstairs, has a private side entrance, a full bar, and to get upstairs you have to show your VIP ticket and an employee will take you up via an elevator only for VIP ticket holders. Upstairs is all assigned seating vs downstairs which is all a gen admission floor. The VIP seating has a waitress that comes around to get you drinks, which you pay for.

The times I have gone to club nokia VIP it hasnt been this expensive and the balcony seating behind the red VIP area on the seating chart wasnt even open, so I cant say for sure how it will be this time. Nokia theatre VIP included house wine and beer and snacks like nachos and tacos, but its a different venue across the walkway.

And best available is always the GA tickets fist because they are the closest. Hope that helps with your choosing. Now could someone message me the presale code so I can take my wife who is dying to see them? :D

That probably won't make a difference unless there is only 1 GA ticket left. But if it makes you feel better, search for 1 in one browser (ie explorer, etc) and then open Firefox or another browser and search for 2. I always do that when I get tickets to see what gives me better choices. Just make sure its not just another window or else it will make you start over

I think 1 vs 2 really only makes a difference in the assigned/numbered seats, as you can probably pick up one stray seat in a row that is closer than if they have to match two adjacent. As noted above, in GA, it would only make a difference if there was just one GA left at that exact time. ;)

Jason