✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

**RESCHEDULED**[9-Feb-2012] Coldplay @ Jimmy Kimmel Live, Los Angeles, CA, USA (airing 26th February

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem guys :) I e-mailed 1iota today to find out if there are tickets available the day of the show, they said there would be a stand-by line...but instead of just going to the mini-outdoor concert with Coldplay, you would have to go into the studio to watch the show, then line up behind the crowd outdoor to watch the show after...which isn't that bad still. I am waiting for the info for the Stand-by line and will update you guys when I find out.

How does the mini concert work? Ive been to his show but never the outside concert. Do they check the line constantly or at the time that it says on the ticket, is when they start checking people in and give wrist bands and what not.

It really depends on the staff that day. Sometimes they'll do it a little early but most of the times I've gone they've done it a little after the time on the ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it may be airing on TV on another date.

According to this, it seems as though it will air on the 26th.

"“JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE” – Kicking off “Jimmy Kimmel Live’s” 10th season, Kimmel welcomes an outstanding lineup of guests leading into sweeps, including Oscar nominees Michelle Williams and Gary Oldman, Chris Pine, Jessica Alba, Eric Stonestreet, LL Cool J and Courteney Cox, as well as offering a science demonstration from “JKL” recurring guest “Science Bob” Pflugfelder. In addition, for the seventh consecutive year, ABC presents “Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Academy Awards®,” on SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26. Live from the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, CA, a special broadcast of the late-night talk show hosted by Kimmel airs following the Oscar telecast and late local news. Previous “Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Academy Awards” celebrations have welcomed Hollywood’s biggest movie stars, and this year will be no exception, complete with a signature “JKL” comedy piece and a musical block party from Coldplay. February also brings musical performances from Korn, Robin Thicke, Gotye, Die Antwoord, Lana Del Rey, Puscifer, Mat Kearney and Tony Bennett. “Jimmy Kimmel Live” airs MONDAY-FRIDAY (12:00 a.m., ET)."

Also, on the JKL website, for Tuesday, February 7th, it says:

"Michelle Williams (My Week with Marilyn); Damon Wayans Jr. (Happy Endings); Musical guest 50 Cent Performing in Indianapolis"

So maybe they play on the 7th and air it on the 26th...?

I got a ticket to the Jimmy Kimmel "outdoor mini concert" through the 1iota site... so I changed my flight, hotel, etc. (already was going to the Club Nokia show). :)

So from reading about other block party concerts, it sounds as though there is no way in hell you can bring anything in that can take photos apart from a cell phone? Does anyone here have any past experience with these?

Jason

I got a ticket to the Jimmy Kimmel "outdoor mini concert" through the 1iota site... so I changed my flight, hotel, etc. (already was going to the Club Nokia show). :)

So from reading about other block party concerts, it sounds as though there is no way in hell you can bring anything in that can take photos apart from a cell phone? Does anyone here have any past experience with these?

Jason

I've been to at least 7 of these tapings and there is no way to bring in anything other than a cell phone, they pass you through a metal detector/body scan.

What time do you plan on arriving? We're able to listen/watch the band rehears from the waiting line :) It's also right next to the parking lot where they enter/exit...I'm so excited!

I've been to at least 7 of these tapings and there is no way to bring in anything other than a cell phone, they pass you through a metal detector/body scan.

What time do you plan on arriving? We're able to listen/watch the band rehears from the waiting line :) It's also right next to the parking lot where they enter/exit...I'm so excited!

With my current flight, probably around 3pm. What about you? What time do the bands usually arrive?

Thanks!

Jason

Anyone know how many songs they'll play for JK's mini concert? Will it be like the one from last Year's JK show in August?

Last year was a full concert for which tickets were largely sold, though some were given away; this was part of the Samsung AT&T SumerKrush series and benefited MusiCares. Jimmy Kimmel was there on stage briefly to intro a few songs, but apart from that, Coldplay generally did their festival setlist.

I expect this event will be much shorter... I'm guessing maybe half an hour or something, but really have no idea?

Here's a link to the Jimmy Kimmel bits I taped at UCLA last year:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxl4QiGdk80]Coldplay UCLA August 3rd - Charlie Brown - YouTube[/ame]

Jason

^^ Yeah I was at that show back in August of last year. I've read that bands who appeared in JK's show in the past played only 4 or 9 songs for the outdoor mini concerts. Let's just hope they'll play a little longer than most bands who has appeared on JK's show before. ;)

With my current flight, probably around 3pm. What about you? What time do the bands usually arrive?

Thanks!

Jason

From what I remember, they usually arrive around that time. Some arrive earlier and some people have done longer rehearsals than others. Some artists have also only done rehearsals for about 30 minutes...I've seen some bands do rehearsals for over an hour.

I've arrived as early as 6am in the morning and as late as 12pm and still end up around front row. But either way, it's a small outdoor area and no matter where you are, it'll be great :)

Hmm...for those going to this show, the weather forecast shows that it will rain on Tuesday. :angry: Anyone have an idea how this will work out since it is an outdoor show??

All I have to say is, bring an umbrella. I've been to a taping where it was raining before...you still have to wait outside in the rain and watch the performance in the rain -_- For me, it wasn't that bad it was a drizzle but I hope it isn't that bad this Tuesday either. There's no coverage too where we are waiting :(

Anyone know how many songs they'll play for JK's mini concert? Will it be like the one from last Year's JK show in August?

Yeah that show in August of last year was actually a full setlist...it was amazing! And for Jimmy Kimmel the bands usually do quite a number of songs but only one is aired and they'll usually put another song on the website. It's the say for Jay Leno except on Jay Leno they really only perform two vs. Kimmel where they play more. I love the Kimmel Outdoor Concert experience!

I got a ticket to this from 1iota's website but am unsure if it's even worth it to go. I can't go to the Nokia show and would be flying in just for a day from SF. So not for sure knowing I will get in and not knowing how long they will be playing for is why I am questioning if I should go or not. sigh. I am dying to see them again so I am torn if I should go or not.