✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

**RESCHEDULED**[9-Feb-2012] Coldplay @ Jimmy Kimmel Live, Los Angeles, CA, USA (airing 26th February

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, waaaay tired (5 am now)... here is my follow-up article to last night's on the Club Nokia gig:

Jimmy Kimmel Live! Concert Photojournal: Review of Coldplay Outdoor-Mini Concert Block Party in Hollywood on 2/9/2012

I am still uploading the second of the two full videos I shot (the other being Viva la Vida)...

Pics for this show don't compare to my other one, as I was limited to my iPhone, which is a terrible camera for concerts.

Coldplay brought it, as they always do, but Chris seemed a bit more under the weather tonight than at Club Nokia - hope he takes care of himself! I think his inner Tarzan came out to try to compensate (full video below)...

Coldplay's 'Every Teardrop is a Waterfall' at Jimmy Kimmel Live 02/09/12 - YouTube

Cue blood curdling screams beginning at 0:48... seriously, what the hell? What a strange, strange crowd...

Sorry, I haven't slept for three days... :lol: That's all I've got now. It was like a Coldplay convention in Los Angeles all week! :elephant:

Jason

Crazy rude pushy lady in front of me was screamy lady too.

Great video Jason. I couldn't video any of it because crazy lady had her camera in my face the whole time :(

Finally back home after a wonderful time at dinner after JK with some really cool coldplayers. :) It was great to see the boys for the 2nd night in a row, and they were awesome as always, even with Chris's fuck-up, and having to restart...but we are used to that. I don't know, but I am feeling just meh about it. It was probably the crowd - very pushy and rude, at least those around us, which kind of put a bit of a damper on it, imo. We had KROQ priority tickets, love KROQ's staff, spoke with one guy for a bit who was at the Breakfast and another show I'd been to. Lining up was fine, we arrived about 2:30, met up with some friends, and we were maybe 7th in line. There were 2 priority lines, we were in the much smaller "friends and family" line (even though it was almost all KROQ winners) and the regular priority line was much much longer and across the street. The General ticket holders were on the other block on the other side of the building. The stage was set up in the back parking lot. So after waiting a few hours, we get the full wand and pat-down for security. NO cameras except phones, no purses, pretty much nothing but your keys, id and phones. The we were walked down the street behind a barricade and waited for a bit. Heard soundcheck, CB and DAAHF! The rather militaristic security dude kept us in line saying we had to follow his every direction or we would be sent home. He thought he could control the crowd surge, and we did get inside, finally, rather orderly, but then we were out of our line-up order which was bs, and people were pushing like you wouldn't believe. I hadn't experienced that before with CP, ever. Pushy people and rude people all around. And more phones held up - heard that people in the back were watching the show through other's phone cameras because they couldn't see the stage. We ended up in the 2nd row, which is ok, but when there is super-annoying cell phone woman videoing the whole thing with her phone in my face, well, then I get pissed. I'm tall, and had two much shorter girls behind me constantly elbowing me and bitching that they couldn't see behind all the tall people, very annoying. And the woman in front of me won the prize for super annoying, after pushing her way in because she was a VIP. She was a different ViP and and knew it...gah. Anyway, you've seen the setlist, and I"m glad they played 6 songs, but the whole experience was like I said, just ok. Last night was the best night ever, so I knew that tonight wouldn't compare and it didn't, but I still got to see those boys, and of course, that is worth it. It's late and I'm going to bed. My photos are taking forever to upload, so I'll put up a few of my iPhone pics tomorrow.

i wasn't even as close to you and the girls behind me were saying once it's starts i'm going to push my way to the front and i told her "no you won't" and she go really mad. but i think she saw i was serious. i mean come on people you got to see coldplay for free. i try not to complain because i like when people like coldplay, but i think a lot of people were "new" fans and only knew popular songs like the scientist, yellow etc. oh well i got to see the boys and that's all that matters. great seeing you dianne and jason as well.

i wasn't even as close to you and the girls behind me were saying once it's starts i'm going to push my way to the front and i told her "no you won't" and she go really mad. but i think she saw i was serious. i mean come on people you got to see coldplay for free. i try not to complain because i like when people like coldplay, but i think a lot of people were "new" fans and only knew popular songs like the scientist, yellow etc. oh well i got to see the boys and that's all that matters. great seeing you dianne and jason as well.

The funny thing is Erik, by the time we got to that yellow tape line, I was probably 20-30 feet away from Dianne and company... a little bit before they initially started moving us they put a small group in front of us at the front of the line (presumably friends and family, not KROQ winners), and when it started getting pushy (and some were specifically PO'd at them for being put in front of us, one of them said another one was pregnant, so I felt obligated to try to "be a wall" behind her, so to say, and lost track of my friends by the time we got right close to the stage - then I had to kind of wade my way over there...

Definitely some rough people in that crowd, especially the initial dash to the stage - it was like, are you kidding me?

Anyway, cool to finally meet and we'll have to do it again!

Jason

The funny thing is Erik, by the time we got to that yellow tape line, I was probably 20-30 feet away from Dianne and company... a little bit before they initially started moving us they put a small group in front of us at the front of the line (presumably friends and family, not KROQ winners), and when it started getting pushy (and some were specifically PO'd at them for being put in front of us, one of them said another one was pregnant, so I felt obligated to try to "be a wall" behind her, so to say, and lost track of my friends by the time we got right close to the stage - then I had to kind of wade my way over there...

Definitely some rough people in that crowd, especially the initial dash to the stage - it was like, are you kidding me?

Anyway, cool to finally meet and we'll have to do it again!

Jason

at least you were doing a good deed! and yes we will do it again! are you going to any shows in may?

Wow. What a night! :lol: :awesome: :awesome: I found a ticket about 4:00 or so. After I signed on to iota and ask for a ticket it said "available" and to confirm or reserve your ticket but I couldn't see anything about that. I left and got myself over to Hollywood thinking everything will be fine. :lol: When I got there eveyone had wristbands and ticket papers in their hands. I didn't have any ticket papers or confirmation printout. As I went to ask the scanner guy. These two girls. Sandra and Monica told me I needed that printout. I told them it never took me to a printout page. Well, they said to me. Aww don't worry, we have an extra ticket and will give it to you. Because Sandra won tickets on the Radio and Monica reserved for the both of them. I was so happy! :happy: Was about to ball my eyes out. :cry: :wacky:

As I was walking up to the line before all that. Coldplay was sounchecking Paradise. Was it my imagination or did I hear them souncheck Strawberry Swing and Death and All Of His Friends.

They let us in a little at a time. Had to wait a little bit. We watched the taping of JK, heard a playilist of songs. Some Stones, INXS, U2.It got everybody pumped. :D A riot almost occured when some chic decided to block our views and piggy or shoulder back on her man. They were all yelling. "Get her off!!: :lol: she finally did. Coldplay soundchecked Charlie Brown before the taping to make us and them comfortable, Chris said. They performed Paradise, then Chris fucked up and they had to do it again.:laugh2: The crowd was cheering about it though. They played MX/Hurts Like Heaven, Viva :dazzled: The Scientist. : ) and Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall and during "you can hurt, hurt me bad but I raise the flag. Chris climped the scaffling, or what I call the flagpole and raised himself on it. :awesome: Awesome Coldplay. The guys were great. All of them. Fantastic. After it was over some kept cheering and clapping, but realised they sang us songs. We thought to hear only the 2. Everyone walked away happy. I could hear a couple girls singing...para para paradise down Hollywood Blvd. Nice show, glad the two cool chics from Pomona gave me a ticket. :) File that under, another Coldplay miracle. :wacky: :nice: :awesome:

There's my review, that was for Row and the Gorgeous Chrissy thread girls. :wacky:

Thanks SO much.. you're a star! :D

Wow.. climbing the scaffolding.. :stunned: Boy needs a bigger stage! :D Roll on the tour....I am SO glad you got in and had a good time.. it sounds like an 'interesting' gig by all accounts and a very different crowd.. Thanks again for your review.. you won't regret it... ;)

I'm still very happy about last night's show. :D I didn't have priority but I had general and I got my tickets literally at around 11pm on Wednesday night when I checked randomly to see if 1iota had anything. I was literally shaking of joy because I didn't think I was going to go to this. I was just so grateful to be able to see Coldplay again. :wacky: Yesterday morning I woke up about 6am to ask my parents if I could miss school and go line up for the show early. They weren't expecting a concert this day for me at all. :lol: But thankfully they were okay with it. :awesome: My sister and I drove over to LA around 11am and got there around 12pm I think it was. There were two girls in line in front of us of the general line. Between then and like around 4:45 it was just waiting, waiting, and waiting. They started moving us closer to the entrance of the venue soon after and we stopped at the entrance of the parking lot. I kept talking to the security guard, and he was pretty nice and told me to tell him when I heard Chris' voice so he could open the gate so we could have a view of the soundcheck. :D On his walkie talkie thing I could hear all the reports from the other security guards and was just listening out for Coldplay. We saw Courtney Cox arrive, and also Chris! :D I heard through the security's radio that Coldplay was coming his way, and he told me that was meant for him, and i didn't believe it at first but then a black tinted window SUV pulled up in front of us to enter the parking lot and I could tell it was Chris in the back seat. :D My sister and I started waving at him, and he waved back! :wacko: But then the driver backed out and went in through the another entrance straight to where the stage was. Soon after they began soundchecking, and I couldn't believe they played Death and All His Friends. :dazzled: They soundchecked Paradise, Charlie Brown, and I heard a few notes of Up In Flames and Eye of the Tiger as well. :) Roadie wrote on twitter that Will was playing So Sad but I couldn't tell, maybe it wasn't being played in the speakers. The soundcheck got me very excited for the show at this point, I was very tired from waiting for about 8 hours now. They let in all the priority people in first, and then they started showing Jimmy Kimmel, I asked the security guard when they were going to let us in, but he said we probably would end up on the street (we didn't!). I was starting to believe him when he said that they still had to let the studio audience from Jimmy Kimmel in first. :( But thankfully, they let in the general line (us) in first! :dance: We went in very slowly, and well I don't know if there was pushing behind us because we were at the very front as we were walking as a group to go into the venue. We were finally in and my sister and I were like 15-20ft away from the stage. :D There were a lot of tall people, but I was just very grateful to be there seeing Coldplay, and didn't complain. There were a few people complaining though...I don't see why since it's a free show. :\ I could see alright around people's heads so it wasn't too bad. An announcer came out and told us we had to cheer really loud because they were going to record Coldplay watching us cheering for them from inside, and they they showed them watching us in the big screen. They looked shy watching us and they were laughing. :lol: Once Coldplay actually came out on stage to film Charlie Brown and Paradise for JK all hands shot up and with their phones recording so I only had Chris and Jonny in my view when I adjusted around them all, but then for the rest after that I had mostly Guy in my line of view which wasn't bad. :sneaky: Ah, they looked so good! I had never been this close to them so it was breathtaking seeing them this close. I need to be front row some day! Chris said he messed up during Paradise, but it didn't sound like he did, but they started over anyways. :P Coldplay's performance was just amazing! Viva La Vida still gets me every single time with its live epicness, and the Scientist was so beautiful. I love how at the end of the Scientist Chris does that thing where we copy his Ooh oh... like how they used to do it before. They also played MX, HLH, ETIAW, which were a lot of fun to hear too. During ETIAW Chris climbed the scaffolding which was totally unexpected, but very like him to be all crazy that way. :lol: This was my fourth time seeing Coldplay, and each night has been special in their own way, and this night was no different. This night was great for me, I couldn't have asked for a better performance from them, just longer. :P But it's fine this was just a warm-up for when I see them in May again. :D I'm very excited, and this night reinforced why I love them so much and why Coldplay is and always will be my favorite band. :heart:

I also went like 12 hours without eating/ using the restroom...totally worth it! I didn't record or take any pics, cause I just wanted to genuinely enjoy the show without worrying about how my pics or vids came out. :P OH and Sorry if my thoughts are all over the place, but I hope you enjoy reading my experience. :)

May as well give my opinion since I gave the earlier summary:

I'm probably one of the more vocal critics of Mylo Xyloto around these parts, even though I haven't really criticized it within the past few months just because I got all the venting out of my system within the first month of the album's release. And honestly, seeing some of these tracks live didn't do much to change my mind. The band did seem a bit tired, and I fully believe those of you who attended the Nokia show who say they had more energy there, but even for a shortened set, this fell short of my expectations.

Now, the band could put out albums full of recordings of dogs farting for the rest of their career and "The Scientist" will still be an amazing song at any show no matter what. And it was a nice surprise as the only old track (VLV doesn't count yet), as opposed to a more obvious selection like "Yellow". But overall, I'm still not a convert to their new material even after seeing some of it live. ETIAW was entertaining because of the scaffolding climb, not because of the song itself.

I got in free so I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and endlessly moan, and now I can at least say I saw them this tour (even if it was a 1/3 length show), but I wasn't convinced that I should be paying steep prices for a show this tour.

When I showed up yesterday I immediately thought of all of you guys. I haven't been on this website in a few years and regretted it as soon as I got there. I've missed this community. I wish I could've met up with some of you yesterday I had no idea anyone was even there! Anyway IT WAS AMAZING. My second time seeing them live and it was one of the best experiences of my life!

I hope you guys had as much fun as I did!!!! :D

Seriously, didn't have any crowd problems at all. Everyne was cool around me. Had some nice space and plenty of room to breathe. That night air was awesome and everyone was in a chill, cool mood and did you all notice the moon, was so bright. Had some trouble seeing at times, but when Chris climbed the scaffolding, I could see him clearly. Chris is crazy!! :laugh2: :awesome: Can't believe we got to witness this rare thing. Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Tarzan Marzan. :lol: :awesome:

FYI - my two videos from this event were removed from YouTube at request of Disney...

Jason

Uh oh...did you have to watch a copyright infringement video and take a quiz before they reinstate your account? That's what PBS made youtube do to me...And I have one strike against me, now, too.

I don't think you and Dianne are the only ones who got videos removed. I'm sad to see them get taken down. :\

The one I had taken down was from the ACL taping last fall in Austin - the New Year's Eve Special. I had recorded Up in Flames, it was the first time it had ever been publicly heard. I *never* video songs at shows, and the one time I did, and uploaded it, I got in trouble. Oh well...It was PBS that made youtube take it down.