✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

**RESCHEDULED**[9-Feb-2012] Coldplay @ Jimmy Kimmel Live, Los Angeles, CA, USA (airing 26th February

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I heard it was canceled on my way to the airport... I had pre-paid my hotel, so I decided to go ahead and come down as planned anyway... plus I had paid $150 to change my tickets once I got tickets to the JKL show... plus another night hotel...

I rush to get to the airport, make it to the terminal, get on the plane... and wait like half an hour... then people started asking why our luggage was being hauled off, looking out the window...

So they canceled my flight to my canceled concert... :LOL:

So I had to wait hours for the next one, which was so full I thought they were going to ask people to sit out on the wing... :D

Anyway, the bright side is, if the concert wasn't canceled, I wouldn't have made it on time anyway due to the flight being canceled, so in the end, I guess I am lucky. :elephant:

Jason

So I heard it was canceled on my way to the airport... I had pre-paid my hotel, so I decided to go ahead and come down as planned anyway... plus I had paid $150 to change my tickets once I got tickets to the JKL show... plus another night hotel...

I rush to get to the airport, make it to the terminal, get on the plane... and wait like half an hour... then people started asking why our luggage was being hauled off, looking out the window...

So they canceled my flight to my canceled concert... :LOL:

So I had to wait hours for the next one, which was so full I thought they were going to ask people to sit out on the wing... :D

Anyway, the bright side is, if the concert wasn't canceled, I wouldn't have made it on time anyway due to the flight being canceled, so in the end, I guess I am lucky. :elephant:

Jason

Think of all the stress I prevented by calling you on your way to the airport ;)

I hope you're enjoying your evening in LA. See you tomorrow!

Certainly not the first time I have flown over 1,000 miles and got off the plane to find the show cancelled but for " rain", that's silly. Even more so because IT'S NOT RAINiNG.

Do any of you follow that glow band guy on twitter? Before I left Houston this morning, he tweeted that the "Boss was sick" . The only people he talks about are Phil and Chris. They wouldn't cancel a show for Phil, but they would if Chris was not well. When I asked if Chris was sick, he deleted his tweet. Chris tweeted around 2pm today he just arrived in LA. Hope he isn't ill. :(

Certainly not the first time I have flown over 1,000 miles and got off the plane to find the show cancelled but for " rain", that's silly. Even more so because IT'S NOT RAINiNG.

Do any of you follow that glow band guy on twitter? Before I left Houston this morning, he tweeted that the "Boss was sick" . The only people he talks about are Phil and Chris. They wouldn't cancel a show for Phil, but they would if Chris was not well. When I asked if Chris was sick, he deleted his tweet. Chris tweeted around 2pm today he just arrived in LA. Hope he isn't ill. :(

Tampa, anyone?

I also won tickets from KROQ, and found out that the promotional tickets given away by KROQ will probably be let in first (don't quote me on that). I do remember the KROQ guy calling me both times (1st for the winning sentence, and the reschedule) and telling me to line up on Orange and Hawthorne. Then the email sent out yesterday from 1iota.com:

Hey Guys -

Our show tomorrow including the Coldplay concert has been moved forward by an hour. The audience arrival time for the concert out back is now 5:45. If you have a priority ticket you will check-in at Orange Drive and Hawthorne Avenue. If you have a General ticket you will check-in at Highland Avenue and Hawthorne Avenue. There will not be any purses, backpacks, cameras or bags allowed inside the venue. Cell phones are OK. This is going to be a BIG show. Hawthorne Avenue will be closed and it will be a black party.

We'll see you tomorrow,

Josh

...so there's a chance that if you got tickets from KROQ, you will be in front, think of like the Depeche Mode 2009 "block party" - which I went to as well, which was massive by the way.

I plan on leaving around 1-2pm. My cousin is coming from Fontana, California (where she lives) to go with me (i live near the 60/605 interchange without giving my location :laugh3: ), she is a die-hard fan as I am, so naturally I called her when I won the tickets. I am now relieved that it will be Thursday as there is no weather related issues that day.

I have planned our route via Google Maps, and have a backup plan if traffic becomes an issue prior to arrival. Hope to meet some of you there. COLDPLAY ROCKS!

music-smiley-026.gif

When I saw he deleted that tweet I went back in my timeline and it was still there so I made a screencap of it

95wn7c.jpg

Anyone in the LA area who did NOT get into this show want my +1? You will be required to meet up with me beforehand for entry, so PM me and we can work out details if you are interested. :)

EDIT: Hold on a sec. Have a pending offer but not confirmed. Will update this.

EDIT 2: Fell through. PM me if you want it.

EDIT 3: Gone again.

Most Kimmel shows are done around 8:30 in my experiences, but check-in for this is earlier than usual. I assume that's to fit more people into the expanded format, though.

I have General. I assume Priority went to both the very first batch and the radio winners. First time I haven't had Priority for one of these shows but oh well.