✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

**RESCHEDULED**[9-Feb-2012] Coldplay @ Jimmy Kimmel Live, Los Angeles, CA, USA (airing 26th February

^I"m so glad you were able to go, Imelda! Sounds like you had a great time. I felt there was nothing *wrong* with the performance, but the whole crowd thing sucked, which really lessened the experience.

Thank you. I really did have a great time. :D

Hmm...I think if I had been in your position I would have felt the same about the crowd, where I was there was no pushing so I can't really complain about it, but hey at least you had such a great time at the Iheartradio benefit. :D

:o Copypasta plz

"Warming up for Kimmel. Will is actually playing "So Sad" from the Starfish days. Amazing! R42"

AlQ2rSJCIAAKrjl.jpg

There you go. :nice:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they showed Charlie Brown... cut to commercial...

Then after commercials they show Jimmy again introducing Coldplay, and you can see me and Dianne standing behind him to the right... and it goes to black, and then commercials again?

Is it just my local station, or did it cut away from the show for everyone?

Jason

Then after commercials they show Jimmy again introducing Coldplay, and you can see me and Dianne standing behind him to the right... and it goes to black, and then commercials again?

Jason

My dvr ended right after that shot of JK with the crowd behind him. I saw you, me and Mitch. I'll take a photo of my tv tomorrow and post it - unless it's online somewhere. I didn't know he introduced CP from the very back of the crowd, too.

Jason

I got that too. They completely cut off "Paradise". But no worries....they posted "Charlie Brown" and "Paradise" on Jimmy Kimmel's YouTube profile. :D Here they are below. Anyone know when they'll put up the off-air performances on their website?

Charlie Brown:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JimmyKimmelLive#p/u/6/B7wrhbDteF0

Paradise:

http://www.youtube.com/jimmykimmellive#p/u/5/8o57irlmkas

Anyone know when they'll put up the off-air performances on their website?

Paradise IS the off-air performance. They won't post any others. These were the only two recorded. Kimmel's outdoor tapings have always been one song filmed for TV, one song filmed for web, and the rest is audience-only.

"Warming up for Kimmel. Will is actually playing "So Sad" from the Starfish days. Amazing! R42"

If sound-checks are any indication of songs they're planning on bringing back to the tour, then this could be very interesting :surprised:

does chris have new guitar? :smiley:

yes, Chris has a new lovey guitar. we all noticed it during The Brits, funny didn't notice it before.

If sound-checks are any indication of songs they're planning on bringing back to the tour, then this could be very interesting :surprised:

Heard Death And All Of His Friends during the sound check, that's hopeful. :awesome:

Thanks for the yt links. Lovely to watch and relive this fun night again. :cheesy:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Q&A [h=1]Jimmy Kimmel's secret to his musical mash-ups: 'I love a good pun'[/h]

When "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" shut down Hollywood Boulevard for a Paul McCartney concert two years ago, so many people turned up that the former Beatle, gazing into a sea of humanity, cracked, "You all right back there in ... Santa Monica?"

He was actually looking east toward Silver Lake, but given that McCartney put on a free, 15-song show, beginning with "Magical Mystery Tour" and ending with "Hey Jude," we can forgive a little geographical confusion.

1150x647

Musical performances have long been a hallmark of late-night television, but Kimmel tries to take it to another level, in part, as the host explains in an interview in his office, because musicians were about the only guests he could book when his program began 12 years ago. Now he's mashing up bands from past and present and occasionally shutting down traffic in Hollywood for the likes of Van Halen, Taylor Swift and Justin Timberlake.

"Better that than for the premiere of some crappy action movie across the street," Kimmel says, nodding toward the historic TCL Chinese Theatre. He's not hearing many complaints, though. Or, at least, not as many as in the past.

You closed down Hollywood Boulevard right off the bat with Coldplay on your first show. What do you remember about that night?

It was the end of our first show and there was a lot of pressure. I remember sitting on the steps of the theater, seeing all these people and not really believing that everyone, including Coldplay, had come to my show. It was a great feeling. I had reached the finish line. Of course, I was forgetting the fact that I had five more shows to do that week. And we probably had no idea who our guest was the next night. But for maybe a moment, it was nice.

Here is the link for the rest of the article

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/tv/la-en-st-jimmy-kimmel-20150623-story.html