✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

**RESCHEDULED**[9-Feb-2012] Coldplay @ Jimmy Kimmel Live, Los Angeles, CA, USA (airing 26th February

The bands normally play 4 songs. I've gotten there between 4 and 6 and have always gotten in. Although, none of the acts were as big as Coldplay. The rain is a good thing for the crowds, since some people won't show. Thankfully, they allow umbrellas. You just have to close them for the actual taping.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm. i'm not sure. i probably won't get there till like 2-3?. do you think i'll still get in?

Hey, missed you in Lancaster this weekend. My daughter's team won all 3 games. State Cup Semi-finals, here we come :) Let me know when you are getting there tomorrow.

I just won priority tickets from KROQ. The girl said this mini-concert will be at least 5 times bigger than the normal ones. Theyre blocking off part of Hollywood blvd so the earlier you get there, the better. Just some advice...she also said to wear solid dark clothing. Hmmm...

I just won priority tickets from KROQ. The girl said this mini-concert will be at least 5 times bigger than the normal ones. Theyre blocking off part of Hollywood blvd so the earlier you get there, the better. Just some advice...she also said to wear solid dark clothing. Hmmm...

You are a lucky woman! Thanks for the info. I'm relieved that it will be larger, so that means I should be able to at least get in which is most important at the moment. I officially get off work early tomorrow! So excited as I couldn't afford tickets to the Nokia.

Just got an email update:

Hey Guys -

Our show tomorrow including the Coldplay concert has been moved forward by an hour. The audience arrival time for the concert out back is now 5:45. If you have a priority ticket you will check-in at Orange Drive and Hawthorne Avenue. If you have a General ticket you will check-in at Highland Avenue and Hawthorne Avenue. There will not be any purses, backpacks, cameras or bags allowed inside the venue. Cell phones are OK. This is going to be a BIG show. Hawthorne Avenue will be closed and it will be a black party.

Good thing I'm leaving work early!

oh im not going but that is the first i have ever heard of that, pretty strict

It's supposed to rain, too. :\ I specifically asked the KROQ girl about cameras and she said no "professional cameras," but I think I'm going to go by Jimmy Kimmel's rules. I will double check when I call them tomorrow to ask about the time change because we haven't received an update from them yet. They called the winners today, but to enter, we had to give our emails, too.

It's supposed to rain, too. :\ I specifically asked the KROQ girl about cameras and she said no "professional cameras," but I think I'm going to go by Jimmy Kimmel's rules. I will double check when I call them tomorrow to ask about the time change because we haven't received an update from them yet. They called the winners today, but to enter, we had to give our emails, too.

I think I'll stick with JK's rules. Dianne, once u find out, can u post the info and let us know if they will allow cameras? Thanks!

Wasn't able to get into this particular show, but I've attended a bunch of Jimmy Kimmel's outdoor concert tapings before and they do enforce the no-camera rule, including point-and-shoot. (their policy used to say no phones either, but they've thankfully dropped that ban) I have, of course, seen a few people get their point-and-shoots in anyway, so it's not like they'll hunt you down and seize you if you do successfully sneak one in, but just know you're taking a risk. Otherwise you'll have to settle for iPhone video and photo quality. :/

Have fun, guys. Should be quite an event with the expanded area.

So is this in honour of Black History month?! :lol:

Well, KROQ *did* tell me to wear dark solid colored clothing. :laugh3: Sigh. Just waiting for the rain to start. My husband and I are heading up about 1, planning on getting there at 2 or so. It hasn't rained here in months, why today??? :\

*laughs hysterically at everyone who tried to camp only to be rained out*

Sucks about the reschedule since this is seriously the first rainy day down here in at least 3 weeks, so hopefully that Club Nokia show can keep you guys happy over the slight delay. Honestly though, even though it might be longer with the expanded show format, every Kimmel show I've been to has only been 5 songs and it's not worth camping like a standard headline show.

There shouldn't be a problem with KROQ letting us in on Thursday right??? :\

Don't see why it would be a problem. They're forced to comply with the postponement. :)

EDIT: Just realized I'm supposed to be in downtown Hollywood on Thursday night for class purposes. That's gonna piss me off so much dealing with "Coldplay traffic" and then knowing I have to deal with paperwork in an office instead of seeing Coldplay for free right down the street.