🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Have you ever broken up with anybody?

The Mad Hatter

No, because I have never been in a true relationship :smug:

However, I was very close to this one girl who I lived near to when I was young. When I moved away we knew we may not see each other again, but we we were too young for it to really count as 'breaking up'.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I feel guilty because I don't feel like I have an honest reason to end it. I feel like it's my fault and if I work on it, then I'll magically feel the same way that I used to, even though I really know that I won't. :disappointed: Blaming myself is what's making it hard, even though he doesn't help. :disappointed:

in a couple is importante communication

speak, and told him why you are unhappy

In all the relationships I've ever been in, I've always been the one to call it off. :| I always find one thing about the guy that bothers me and then I get paranoid about it...my love life is basically one big episode of Seinfeld. :disappointed:

For me, when I tell the person that I don't want to be romantically involved anymore, I don't really seem to care, but then I feel uber guilty about it afterwards. My method is to tell them what you're thinking and feeling, and push them away as quickly as possible and then never talk to them ever again. :nice:

:shame:

I went out with a guy for two years, but my friends all hated him. It got to the point where it was just really, really awkward for the both of us all the time, so I had to call it off. I just told him straight up, and he agreed that it would be better if we stopped 'dating' and went back to just being friends.

. . . Then again, everything is easier when you're in 6th grade :blank:

EDIT: So what I'm trying to say is: just be honest about why you want to break up, and if he tries to make you feel bad, turn the tables on him (as Carrie said) and ask him why he would want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with him.

EDIT: So what I'm trying to say is: just be honest about why you want to break up, and if he tries to make you feel bad, turn the tables on him (as Carrie said) and ask him why he would want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with him.

Sounds pretty harsh to be honest. He might be genuinely upset.

Maybe, but I've always thought that it's better to have a clean break and be done with it rather than piddling around and dragging him through the mud. :uhoh:

Plus, she's already tried breaking up with him in a 'gentler' way and it didn't work :shrug:

Oh yeah definitely. You have to be honest with him. I just meant that he might have cried because he was upset rather than to make her feel bad so asking him why he'd want to be with someone who doesn't love him anymore might make things even worse.

Oh yeah definitely. You have to be honest with him. I just meant that he might have cried because he was upset rather than to make her feel bad so asking him why he'd want to be with someone who doesn't love him anymore might make things even worse.

Oh, I see your point. I guess The Mad Hatter will have to make that judgement call herself, then, since none of us will be able to see why he's crying.