✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Stealing?

filiprasmusson

Dear God :facepalm:

I wonder what's more likely: a Multi-million selling rock band (who have already had issues in the past with accused plagiarism) 'stealing' a song from what looks like a bunch of high-school kids (I'm sorry that's just what it looks like to me)

OR these kids hearing Princess of China at Rock Im Park and thinking "Let's copy that no-one will notice, we're not famous anyway"

:thinking:

I doubt any of the boys have even heard of 'Bloody Stardust', let alone decided to copy their song. Also, forgive me but that video looks extremely amateur and could have been filmed in a day. just saying.

Dear God :facepalm:

I wonder what's more likely: a Multi-million selling rock band (who have already had issues in the past with accused plagiarism) 'stealing' a song from what looks like a bunch of high-school kids (I'm sorry that's just what it looks like to me)

OR these kids hearing Princess of China at Rock Im Park and thinking "Let's copy that no-one will notice, we're not famous anyway"

:thinking:

I doubt any of the boys have even heard of 'Bloody Stardust', let alone decided to copy their song. Also, forgive me but that video looks extremely amateur and could have been filmed in a day. just saying.

i think this!

I really don't think this is stealing, 'cos it would have to be patented or copyrighted, and in order to be copyrighted or patented you have to be good. Let's just say hey kinda suck, imo

Edit: and agreed that video was released about a week before MX, meaning Princess of China has been played a number of times. This means they could've easily went to a concert recorded the song, and figured out the notes. And even if the song itself was made earlier than the video, the guys have playing PoC for probably 9-10 months. Giving the people who made the video enough time to make a (bad) video for it. This is considering Paradise was released and than a few weeks later the video was released. Agreed?

so if I get it right, Bloody Stardust have stole Poc, and not the other way round?

That great to hear :)

I honestly doubt that anyone purposefully stole anything from anyone else. Sometimes people create really similar music independent of each other's influence. In this case however, I think Coldplay at least will be in the clear, as their song was one of the earliest known MX songs to be publicly registered.

I really don't think this is stealing, 'cos it would have to be patented or copyrighted, and in order to be copyrighted or patented you have to be good. Let's just say hey kinda suck, imo

Edit: and agreed that video was released about a week before MX, meaning Princess of China has been played a number of times. This means they could've easily went to a concert recorded the song, and figured out the notes. And even if the song itself was made earlier than the video, the guys have playing PoC for probably 9-10 months. Giving the people who made the video enough time to make a (bad) video for it. This is considering Paradise was released and than a few weeks later the video was released. Agreed?

Yes. except Princess of China has only ever been played once (at Rock im Park) :laugh3:

Still, that means the song did exist a long time before this video was made.

If this gets huge because of the Press I promise I will ruin the lives of these guys.

Don't worry, it won't. what could these guys possibly hope to achieve by accusing Coldplay of anything? And even if they do, they'll have no case whatsoever as Chris will be able to prove he wrote PoC months before these guys came up with the idea.

I think this may have been sort of a remix. I mean, Bloody stardust definitely stole From PoC, but from the looks of it they are not a "real" band, and probally won't get in trouble for it, as it's essentially a garage band sampling Coldplay. Low class though, stealing a whole song....

Did they also claim they wrote it or did they just forget to mention Coldplay wrote the whole thing.

I hate thieves....:veryangry2:

If this gets huge because of the Press I promise I will ruin the lives of these guys.

:facepalm:

lol, i wish you were kidding

you're so freaking hysterical, i cant help but feeling embarrassed for every single post you write in this forum. :whaaat:

plz plz shout you are 12 yo. please.

Simply don't read.

I am not kidding about that.

I have nothing against you, so I won't consider your moment of anger about me.

I am 5. Satisfied? No, I am 19.

Let's concentrate about the thread's subject ok? If someone want to comment about my mental sanity feel free to send me a P.M. and I'll be glad to have some talk.