✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[10-Feb-2012] Coldplay @ MusiCares Person of the Year tribute, Los Angeles, CA, USA

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/paul-mccartney-musicares-tribute-concert-bluray-dvd-20150121

[h=1]Paul McCartney's Star-Studded MusiCares Tribute Headed to Blu-ray and DVD[/h] [h=2]Neil Young, Coldplay, Dave Grohl, James Taylor and the former Beatle himself are among the performers[/h]

720x405-453471756.jpg

The star-studded Paul McCartney tribute concert, honoring the former Beatle as the 2012 MusiCares Person of the Year, will soon be available on Blu-ray and DVD. The concert, A MusiCares Tribute to Paul McCartney, included Beatles and solo songs as performed by Neil Young and Crazy Horse ("I Saw Her Standing There"), Coldplay ("We Can Work It Out") and Alicia Keys ("Blackbird"), as well as several songs by McCartney. The evening ended with a medley of the Beatles' "Golden Slumbers," "Carry That Weight" and "The End" featuring the former Beatle playing with Joe Walsh and Dave Grohl.

At the time, the concert was the first public performance by Young with Crazy Horse in nearly a decade. The concert, held in Los Angeles, brought out a number of famous faces. "Paul McCartney is one of the greatest songwriters ever," Smokey Robinson told RS at the show. "He's truly a very, very talented man and he's my brother and I love him. He has brought so much to music, the Beatles changed the face of music from the U.K."

"This is the time I make no bones about it, I get completely gobsmacked," Bonnie Raitt told Rolling Stone about seeing McCartney. "I watch the show, I go like this, I do the Scream face by Edvard Munch."

The MusiCares Person of the Year gala is put on annually by the MusiCares organization, in association with the Grammy Awards. The organization provides assistance for people in the music industry in times of financial, medical or personal need. The gala and tribute concert serves as a fundraiser for MusiCares. This year's recipient is Bob Dylan, while previous honorees include Bruce Springsteen, Barbra Streisand, Neil Young, Neil Diamond, Aretha Franklin and Sting.

The Blu-ray and DVD releases will come out on March 24th.

A MusiCares Tribute to Paul McCartney Set List:

"Get Back"/"Hello Goodbye"/"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" – Cirque du Soleil feat. The Beatles Love Cast

"Magical Mystery Tour" – Paul McCartney

"Junior's Farm" – Paul McCartney

"Blackbird" – Alicia Keys

"No More Lonely Nights" – Alison Krauss and Union Station featuring Jerry Douglas

"And I Love Her" – Duane Eddy

"Oh! Darling" – Norah Jones

"I Saw Her Standing There" – Neil Young with Crazy Horse

"The Fool on the Hill" – Sergio Mendes

"We Can Work It Out" - Coldplay

"Yesterday" – James Taylor with Diana Krall

"For No One" – Diana Krall with James Taylor

"My Valentine" – Paul McCartney

"Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five" – Paul McCartney

"Golden Slumbers"/"Carry That Weight"/"The End" - Paul McCartney featuring Dave Grohl and Joe Walsh

• 4 weeks later...