✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I think this is a good time for them to realease a live DVD

Heinrich42

Think about it: they are soon going to start the "proper" MX tour, which means there will be longer concerts than those from the festivals last year.

Their shows, by the way, have never been as uplifting as now (imho). Also, their last (and only) live DVD was recorded many years ago and three albums were realeased since then, which means they have plenty of new songs to add to the tracklisting.

Of course I'm partly saying that because I'd love Coldplay to release a new live DVD, but don't you think the tides are rather favourable to do so now?

The same discussion was held during the Viva tour. I believe there were rumors about them releasing the Barcelona show back then, but the sound lacked horribly?

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I believe this clip was the only released preview.

Wasn't the Toronto 2006 gig supposed to be made into a live DVD, but it never got released? Maybe they just don't want to release live DVDs for whatever reason :shrug: :\

I think they're doing it on purpose but I really don't know why. An official Coldplay live dvd would be a massive hit, I think. I know people who aren't really fans but still have the Live 2003 dvd in their collection.

Viva was one of the greatest tour ever IMO. I've seen various shots of the Viva Tour and they were spot on in everyone I've seen. They played so many different songs through out that tour and the outfits alone are legendary. Hopefully some day, cause I know they filmed it, they release that. For MX, I'd like to see something like The Grateful dead movie - video mixed with animation. They filmed the Twisted Logic tour too, Yes?

We've seen just a little part of the Mylo Xylotour, the first concerts of the Viva tour were also more promote-feeling. After the release of PoC they're going back to a band just for the fans not for promoting.

The MX tour would be huge at some point, just believe me. And with X-mas '13 there's a Live 2013 DVD to celebrate that Live 2003 is ten years old :D

And finaly, open-air concerts, the Malieveld at The Hague would be a very good set for a DVD with the skyline from the Hague on the background ;)

dsc0142bewerkt.jpg

It's not Malieveld but it looks the same from there.

Well, maybe it was a good time to release a DVD during the Viva tour, but perhaps they didn't do it because there weren't enough new songs. Naturally, this same reasoning could be applied to the MX tour, it just depends on how many albums they think are enough to justify recording and releasing a new Live DVD. Also, although the festival concerts have been televised last year, as I said, that wasn't the "proper" MX tour, they were just festivals. I don't know if they are intending to make a different setlist or play new versions of old songs or whatever, but the shows this year will at least be longer than those from 2011, which means more songs on the setlist (probably more MX songs and some old songs revisited). That said, I believe the concerts will be different enough to justify a new release.