✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The cancer that is killing The Lounge

Coldplay

I honestly don't care about inside jokes or whatever. I don't care about spamming or if people are upset about spam or what people even consider spam. The truth is that I make no effort to make quality posts here because I really just don't fucking care about what I'm posting. I have nothing to add to conversation because I don't care to talk to a lot of people here. I say what I want because I feel like it, and if that happens to be something people consider some kind of inside joke, well, fine. If I want a good conversation, I go to Skype and talk to Brent.

Bitchy, yeah, but...this is where I come to unwind, and what other people do may bother me, and I may complain about it, but what the fuck do I care if it's "killing" the Lounge? This place goes through different spells, and this time is no different, so why should I care? There's always a group during every era that thinks it's dying.

I think unwinding is a valid and good reason to come to a forum. It doesn't entail, on the other hand, disregarding what other people feel or think. Having fun and/or discussing more substantial things*, on my view, shouldn't be dissociated with caring about others and ultimately the maintenance of the forum.

This is basically one of the arguments discussed here: that's no problem about joking and stuff. However, it shouldn't be taken for granted that people won't be affected (sometimes negatively) by it.

*Btw, I'm very late on that (I didn't manage to decently read the thread until now), but sorry for saying things (so called 'loungers' saying this isn't a place for seriousness) without actually having basis for that. Same goes for the claim that someone in the Coldplay section said that the lounge would be a dangerous place. I should've just said that I don't visit every thread there and nothing like that had come to my attention instead of bitching about it. Apologies for the inapropriateness of my post.

Also, because of a very bad choice of words, I think I gave the impression that I intended to discuss the issue of lack of respect and consideration when discussing Coldplay. It was just an example though - being inconsiderate at others is bad whatever section it is, but here is not the place to talk about the Coldplay section specifically.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic