✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The cancer that is killing The Lounge

Coldplay

Okay, like I said, I'm going to make a compromise here. I'm going to turn down the obnoxiousness. I wasn't aware it was a serious "cancer" that's "killing the lounge" until now.

I think you would be a lot happier with everything: This forum, specifically, if you would just relax. Dealing with a lot of different types of personalities is a big part of life, and while it can get frustrating at times, overblowing it will never work, and it may even compound the problem (this is a good example).

I'm not trying to be a jackass, ever, and I just make a lot of jokes and stuff. Everyone seems to realize I'm joking, but you consistently read really deeply into it and blow it out of proportion. When I'm clearly trying to be light-hearted.

You were right: People on here aren't the nicest bunch. But I like to think they have pretty good heads on their shoulders. We understand each other. Like, I love my brother, but I will never stop teasing him and he will never stop teasing me. It brings us closer, and it's how families work. The same could be applied to an online community. It would suck if everyone was super nice all the time. There would be no dynamics anymore.

I can tell that everyone on here is a good person, whether it's on the surface or deeper down. And I don't think anyone, including myself, will ever mean to hurt another person on here.

I'm happy with people here and I'm pleased that we can all discuss what's going on and how they feel about the forum, but I was shocked by your attitude. I expected with your maturity and kindness that you'd contribute positively to the thread but you instead said 'fuck all' to the entire point of the thread and began to talk about yourself and how sweet and modest you are (seriously, go look at your posts, it's just you talking about yourself over and over)

You're speaking nicely to me because you think I've gone fucking postal. You hinted that I'm elitist rather obviously. The first option of the poll wasn't ticked until you came in. I get it. But I would've just said 'thank you' and asked for the thread to be locked if you actually read the problems people had (because there's obviously a majority here that don't like the way things are, unless I'm really intimidating) and talked seriously with us. Take your jokes to the million other threads dedicated to you or spamming, but not here please.

EDIT: I'm happy about that, and the compromise thing, and I understand you mean no harm. But your attitude was intolerable for me.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that no-one has asked me to be less of a dickhole, but I've made the decision to stop being a terribly invasive, obnoxious one. And I made this decision on my own.

I had thought about this point but just thought I'd leave it, but you kinda made it for me. You're right, you made the decision autonomously, what I said about anyone asking you to be civil wasn't accurate (But I meant it more in a way that we implied you should be more civil, by bringing it up in the first place) which just kindof makes things worse for you, not only did nobody ask you to be 100% nice, nobody asked you to do anything at all.

If you're sorry then that's fine and I accept it of course, but it was more important to me that the point got through, hope more for that. I was more concerned about your apology to Dee, because when we were making progress and moving forward, in a few lines you dragged us way back. So I appreciate that you apologised to her.

Well, like Reilly has dictated, it's useless for me to talk in circles. And it's useless to continue discussing it. So, if I've ever offended anyone personally, made you feel inferior, chased you away from the boards, annoyed you, or whatever, I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to do so, and if I've impactually made a burden upon you, I sincerely apologize.

I'm sorry for mocking this thread, and specifically, I'm sorry Reilly for making you explain your position to me because I just don't get stuff. But thank you for having patience.

And Dee, I'm sorry for being a burden to you. If I could take back the comments I've previously made in this thread, I would. I didn't realize, again, that I was being such a headache.

Finally, I'm sorry I've dragged it on. There's clearly something I don't or didn't get.

I understand that no-one has asked me to be less of a dickhole, but I've made the decision to stop being a terribly invasive, obnoxious one. And I made this decision on my own.

If there's anything I can do to make it up to you, I'll be more than happy to do so.

Thank you. I apologize too if I've offended you.

This thread can be locked because I've come to the conclusion that we're running in circles and even though people say they want change in the forum, nobody wants to actually do something. Which is fine, maybe time will heal these wounds.

Hey guiz

Sorry if this is full of typos: it's from my iPhone. Someone texted me tellin me that I'm solely responsible for the downfall of Coldplaying as a community.so I'm checking' it out. Hello.

I haven't been around for a couple days, so I don't really know what the Lounge used to be like before...May 2011. I do know that when I joined it seemed like a place where elitist dickholes could be elitist dickholes together. Which I was happy about, because I hated when they would troll around the Coldplay sections.

That being said, after a couple months of the CP section I grew wary. Because its not very stimulating to talk to hopeless swooning fangirls all the time. So I slowly inserted some charm, some gall and some humor here and there so that I could be accepted into your lovely group.

What I do know is that I genuinely enjoy each and every result poster here, at leadt to a certain extent. It's a fantastic community of people that I can say I'm blessed to be able to talk to. It's great.

However, I can see where stuff like ~YOLO~ can be annoying. But let's break it down into sociological groups. What I've noticed is that different groups of people socialize together. It can be a little cliquey, and each group is annoying in a special way.

1. Long-term loungers (ex: Reilly, Empily, Tammi, etc)

These people, judging by comments on here, this it's a little annoying. But thu don't seem to mind a whole lot. Reilly, in fact, was a big proponent of YOLO. However, I don't think he speaks for everyone.

2. Youngunz (MaxRide, ColdplayHebe, MarkKids)

These people, despite being arguably the spammiest, most vocal bunch, seem to find things like YOLO the most annoying. Perhaps it is because they are left out by it, don't get it or are just trying to fit in. I don't really know. I never really cared to please them because they use the forum for just as cliquey purposes as everyone they condemn.

3. Newer members who think they're cool when they actually suck (ex:~me~)

I understand that I'm not the best guy on here. I just have come up on plenty or spare time an I use it on my computer. I'm a first-semester medical student who is younger than everyone else here and I am therefore shunned. I don't have a lot of people to talk to all day like I used to, so I use my free time to talk to you guys. It won't last long: I start real people med skewlll June 25.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm a very social creature and I'm good at proliferating myself and getting people to talk to me. Throughout my life, this has been a vice and a virtue. I'm thankful for it, but there are understandably some people who dislike it. Ehh. I think people generally think I'm decent so I'll stick with it. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

4. Elitists don't want to name names)

Unhappy with everything all the time. Eh.

5. Actual down-to-earth cool people (ex: Kiame, Tash, Alien Radio, etc)

These people are the heart of this website. Cool, funny, smart, amicable. Awesome. There are the people I care about impressing, and of they think something I'm doing is annoying, I should probably put a bullet in my head or something. I dunno.

Dee: I think you're a great member. You're witty, intelligent, and charmingly sarcastic. However, I get the vibe that you're not happy with much. If something is not going your way, you seem very displeased and that makes me sad. I want to make you, and everybody else on here, happy. This site would suck ass if everyone is unhappy. So basically, Dee, what could we do to make your experience better? Because if you're having a problem with it, other people probably are, too. I don't mean to sound like a prick or anything, it just seems that you're hard to please.

Sorry for typos, annoyingness.

Omg that was a lot of work to type.

Why am I on here?!

Bai

:stunned:

I didn't know I was cliquey. :confused:

And I didn't really find YOLO annoying, I just found it a bit of a nuisance.

Honestly, I don't really care what you people do.

:stunned:

I didn't know I was cliquey. :confused:

Yes nobody realised this until we were broken down into different groups, and informed of who the COOL PEOPLE are (Not at all elitist, that!) by one single person.

I don't know if it matters any more (Because Brent didn't acknowledge when I first wrote about it) but at least he should be aware that it was jkz when he was told he ruined the forum, nobody could truly mean that, it was a joke.

I guess that's getting a taste of your own medicine. :lol:

Sorry.

really, it is astounding to me that anyone actually has any expectations for this place.

That's being a tad dramatic, you can't blame people for enjoying good times on a forum, then being disappointed when it gets shit. I think you're disappointed that it no longer feels like a paradise where you, Brent and others can't just write random shit 24/7.

To re-iterate, I am one of those 'others' also wrote a lot of this random shit, but inside of that little bubble of inside jokes, I don't think you realise that a lot of people felt excluded, or simply didn't enjoy our humour. For me, it suddenly felt old, it was almost like going from YOLO-ing to "Why the fuck was that funny" in a split second, and while I don't think it had reached the point of cancer yet, I definitely think it was the start of seeing this place go downhill. Outside of the small group I noticed there was a lot less posting going on elsewhere, and I attributed to this, I admitted that from the start. It pissed me off when Brent started pointing out that I was a part of it as if I deny that or I'm a hypocrite, I'm simply sick of it and want to do something more positive around this place.

Is this thread positive? Someone wrote that it's better to at least spread awareness then just let it happen, that's a very good point. I don't think we've fixed anything and I don't think anyone has the answers, but even if theres a few weeks of death on this place (After every shitstorm the forum always goes quiet) we may gradually start over and this place can be fun for people to post on again.

I honestly don't care about inside jokes or whatever. I don't care about spamming or if people are upset about spam or what people even consider spam. The truth is that I make no effort to make quality posts here because I really just don't fucking care about what I'm posting. I have nothing to add to conversation because I don't care to talk to a lot of people here. I say what I want because I feel like it, and if that happens to be something people consider some kind of inside joke, well, fine. If I want a good conversation, I go to Skype and talk to Brent.

Bitchy, yeah, but...this is where I come to unwind, and what other people do may bother me, and I may complain about it, but what the fuck do I care if it's "killing" the Lounge? This place goes through different spells, and this time is no different, so why should I care? There's always a group during every era that thinks it's dying.

Well then why are you even posting anything in this thread? You flippantly dis-regard what everyone's been writing about and tell us all that nobody cares just because you don't, can you see why thats annoying?

If you don't give a shit, fine, fair enough, at least have the sense to see that other people do, and leave us to it. You don't have any expectations about the place anyway, so don't get butthurt when you come on to find people complaining about it on here.

You seem very eager to tell everyone how much you don't care about The Lounge for someone who... y'know... supposedly doesn't care at all

:nod:

She was very vehement and slightly defensive in tone too. This emotional response would not occur if there truly was a sense of apathy about the topic.

I think someone hit a nerve.