✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The cancer that is killing The Lounge

Coldplay

I promise that I'm not trying to be annoying. Honestly. YOLO is randomly yelled out in the halls at my school, and it's gotten old very quickly.

I don't condemn anyone. :disappointed:

[also, and I'm being technical here, Fran is technically a 'youngun' too]

Haha, I'm just teasing. You guys are great. But it IS undeniable true that people stick to one another on here. Something that I have noticed at least.

And I think a lot about what we find about YOLO funny is that it can be used to justify anything that's clearly super stupid. "I JUST RODE A COMICALLY OVERSIZED UNICYCLE ONTO A BUSY FREEWAY BECAUSE YOLO." I dunno.

And when Emily calls her pain pills "yolo pills?" Come on. THAT'S solid comedy.

And we don't get exposed to this stuff like you do (in college people are grown-ups, you see). If people were yelling that shit around me all the time I'd be pissed too. I had no idea what it was until here. And I have never heard of it outside of this and that dumb Drake song.

Now this is really rich coming from you, basically anyone outside of your friendship circle gets snide sarcastic remarks and literally told "Get out", in the case of Timewarp you actually said he was banned from a thread which wasn't even yours (I think you may have said the same to Mark Kids at some point), which is taking it to another level. Like as far as being elitist, excluding people, even if they don't do anything wrong (Which I pointed out before Billy hasn't been recently, but to this you stuck your fingers in your ears and went LALALALA), if we're talking about that, then I honestly can't think of anyone more guilty then yourself, in fact I wouldn't even accuse anyone else of doing it. Your friends like Rudy and Emily (madhatter Emily) don't seem like they're trying to be elitist they're just kindof roped into it.

This is true. I think some people don't like my brand of humor. I am very sarcastic, calloused, and abrasive when I'm exhibiting my brand of humor: Which, on a forum, is obviously multiplied in intensity.

If I ever come off as an asshole, anyone, please let me know. It's not my intention. And if I'm being an ass to you, chances are I don't actually mean it. And I didn't REALLY mean to ban Billy from that thread (it's not in my power). I was just saying it as a reflection of my sense of humor. Crap like this is why people think I'm an asshole: People find it hard to determine whether I'm being a dick or not.

I really have nothing against anyone on here (Even Billy or Mark). I just tease them. I'm actually a pretty calm, cool and collected guy. But I can see where I'd come across as elitist, and maybe I am elitist.

I was referring, I guess, to anyone who scares people to talk to. To me, a lot of the WoM section. I'm afraid to go on anything but the Radiohead thread because I'll get chewed out for saying something stupid. Radiohead and Coldplay are the only two bands I follow meticulously, I'd say. There's plenty of people like this, and they're scary. Hell, I'm probably one of them.

So I get where people are coming from, and I definitely see why people wouldn't like me. Hell, if there was another me on here, I'd probably track him down and punch him in the face. What a fucking elitist prick assmunch.

There's a quote by Chris Martin, I think, that all Coldplay fans are really smart, attractive, and the best people in the world (I'll find it and stick it at the end of this post). And while not all of us ARE Coldplay fans any longer, we'd have to have motivation to join this forum for a reason at some point. And I really do think that as a group Coldplay fans are sharper people than the average Insane Clown Posse fan. I respect each and every non-troll that joins this website.

Yeah, gimme shit about saying that. I don't give a crap. fu

Coldplay is for people with great taste, intelligence, incredible good lookingness, talent, ability, success, grabbing of life.

Coldplay's for people who know what life's about. They're always entertaining. Delightful to talk to. Sweet, charming, incredibly good in bed. Virile. They have incredible success with girls, or boys, or both. They're generally just the world's best citizens.

Maybe I'm biased, but I'm definitely right.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the Loungers hated that idea initially.

http://coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18942

That was the first of many topics I made about this, and also made some about needing a forum for Name threads. I was told so many times that a Games subforum will never happen, stop pushing for it, forget about it. Then during one of my many breaks from this forum someone bumped one of my threads, and everyone agreed, and we had a new games sub-forum very quickly. The last thing this site wants is someone who hates Coldplay having a positive contribution or any impact whatsoever. When I did come back, and rubbed it in, I was told it wasn't my idea anyway- someone (Kyle) had gotten a mod to post it in the mod forum, but this was like a year after my post.

It's exactly like the banning of dfit, when I was basically campaigning about his ban for so long, I was told it's ridiculous to get him banned, he hasn't officially done anything etc. etc., then months later when the smoke clears, wow he's banned very slyly, nobody even notices because he wasn't even posting, and banned for doing the exact same things I had originally complained about. What was the difference? Well I wasn't around to take credit for it.

Also, not ranting at YOU Ren this topic just brought up an old memory I didn't realise was there haha.

Dang, I forgot how much people hated that idea at first and i also forgot you suggested it first :wreck:

But credit with it's due, it was Reilly's idea and i'm glad there's a sub-forum for the game threads now cos they were driving me crazy when they were here in the lounge :bomb:

In a sad way, yes. Basically what I meant was that (and i think dee responded with satire) is that some of those rules were for good and bad reasons. But I don´t think we need to be total dickheads to have fun. We all need to find a new way to have fun :tongue:

Yes this is true

I remember that because i used to check the coldplay section when i was really bored and someone forced me to read one of your fanfics, good times haha.

I know what you mean , I tried doing that myself but it was too much work. Sure i could be a class A dick online if i wanted to and i did that when i had a few fights with Mark in the past but i got to intimidate people and i didn't like that cos that's not me. The fact 2 really good friend told me they were really intimidated by me before they befriend me, scared me a bit cos i'm nothing like that in real life but i just wasn't aware of the image i was projecting here for people who hardly knew me.

There are other people who try to be intimidating on purpose just to have some sort of power/attention online and then they spend a great deal of time convincing they are actually lovely beings in private to those they chose to be their friends. I guess that works for them but it's a bit pathetic actually. ( i actually got to meet a cyber- bully in real from a local forum and wow, i just can say that i didn't know cyber-bullies were so shy and introverted when you see them face to face haha)

That would never work in my case cos for starters, i hardly use msn an i have no time to convince people i'm not an online moster but actually a regular and even nice guy in private. All i can do online is try to be normal and keep my personality close to my real life personality, there's no harm in being yourself online, that's my only advise.

I'm gonna try and keep the last part in mind for the future. I really don't want to intimidate others... I didn't realise that it was still that problematic until Brent mentioned being rather scared of me! I'm a skinny, somewhat shy bespectacled 18 year old behind a computer screen, for heaven's sake. Nobody would be scared of me in real life, but because of how I act on here they are, it's kinda strange

Might take a bit of time adjusting because I can be pretty damn awkward but I'll manage

Excellent idea Kat :nice:

:daisy:

Wow everyone's so great! :heart:

I don't think anyone who did so enjoyed saying you're too mean to others, and now it's like you are mocking it.

But to answer your question, there's nothing more we can say about what we can for the forum from here, we all just need to collectively think about having a bit of respect for what we post, a majority of the time instead of a small amount of it.

So lets just move forward, we've all learned something from this, we don't need to dwell on it so much (Eg- please don't keep sarcastically reminding us you're NICE now in every other post) and make this place better.

I mock it because it's an impossibility. Just because one person (who is self-admitting that she's bitchy) is unhappy enough to complain about it by starting up a thread doesn't mean that she can change the nature of an online forum. It's silly.

No, I won't actively mock it anymore, and I get that I can be overbearing at times. I'll quit it. I didn't know that it bothered people so much. But I'm not going to be super nice by default.

When Dee came back, actually, if I remember right, I was pretty nice and cool.

Like I can be LESS mean, but I'm not going to concentrate on being super nice. That's not how humans work.

This thread makes me feel awkward.

Or I'm making myself feel awkward.

This was an unorganized post. I'm just kind of regurgitating stuff. Sorry.

I really will be more bearable, though. I'll watch myself.

Excellent idea Kat :nice:

:daisy:

Wow everyone's so great! :heart:

...are you mocking me?

I said I'm sorry and that I think people should improve themselves.

Just read what's going on in here and say that you'll help make this place better for everyone.

The sarcastic comment is not required.

I've said I'm sorry a million times in this thread and I told you all my faults, fuck do I need to apologize again for being wrong??

I mock it because it's an impossibility. Just because one person (who is self-admitting that she's bitchy) is unhappy enough to complain about it by starting up a thread doesn't mean that she can change the nature of an online forum. It's silly.

No, I won't actively mock it anymore, and I get that I can be overbearing at times. I'll quit it. I didn't know that it bothered people so much. But I'm not going to be super nice by default.

When Dee came back, actually, if I remember right, I was pretty nice and cool.

Like I can be LESS mean, but I'm not going to concentrate on being super nice. That's not how humans work.

This thread makes me feel awkward.

Or I'm making myself feel awkward.

This was an unorganized post. I'm just kind of regurgitating stuff. Sorry.

I really will be more bearable, though. I'll watch myself.

This is just unbelievable, it's like we're going backwards here, that first sentence in particular was completely uncalled for and I can't believe you wrote it, I thought you had at least moved past the creation of the thread and you'd be civil about it, but no, its not the case.

Yes you are making yourself feel awkward, it's very simple, nobody asked you to be super nice to everyone, we just asked you to stop being a douche to people for no reason, is that so hard? Do you need to make it known how well behaved you are now by sarcastically mocking the whole idea?

Let me just get all this clear and in perspective. You were wrong for being so un-necessarily rude to people, mainly joking ('Banning' Billy from that thread as a joke is load of nonsense by the way), but they didn't know you were joking, so you apologised about this, accepted you were wrong and initially seemed to take it seriously, and now things have calmed down you're making fun of it, and in the same post you say it's impossible for you to change as its human nature but also that you will change, like what in the fuck.

...are you mocking me?

I said I'm sorry and that I think people should improve themselves.

Just read what's going on in here and say that you'll help make this place better for everyone.

The sarcastic comment is not required.

I've said I'm sorry a million times in this thread and I told you all my faults, fuck do I need to apologize again for being wrong??

Okay, like I said, I'm going to make a compromise here. I'm going to turn down the obnoxiousness. I wasn't aware it was a serious "cancer" that's "killing the lounge" until now.

I think you would be a lot happier with everything: This forum, specifically, if you would just relax. Dealing with a lot of different types of personalities is a big part of life, and while it can get frustrating at times, overblowing it will never work, and it may even compound the problem (this is a good example).

I'm not trying to be a jackass, ever, and I just make a lot of jokes and stuff. Everyone seems to realize I'm joking, but you consistently read really deeply into it and blow it out of proportion. When I'm clearly trying to be light-hearted.

You were right: People on here aren't the nicest bunch. But I like to think they have pretty good heads on their shoulders. We understand each other. Like, I love my brother, but I will never stop teasing him and he will never stop teasing me. It brings us closer, and it's how families work. The same could be applied to an online community. It would suck if everyone was super nice all the time. There would be no dynamics anymore.

I can tell that everyone on here is a good person, whether it's on the surface or deeper down. And I don't think anyone, including myself, will ever mean to hurt another person on here.

Okay, like I said, I'm going to make a compromise here. I'm going to turn down the obnoxiousness. I wasn't aware it was a serious "cancer" that's "killing the lounge" until now.

I think you would be a lot happier with everything: This forum, specifically, if you would just relax. Dealing with a lot of different types of personalities is a big part of life, and while it can get frustrating at times, overblowing it will never work, and it may even compound the problem (this is a good example).

I'm not trying to be a jackass, ever, and I just make a lot of jokes and stuff. Everyone seems to realize I'm joking, but you consistently read really deeply into it and blow it out of proportion. When I'm clearly trying to be light-hearted.

You were right: People on here aren't the nicest bunch. But I like to think they have pretty good heads on their shoulders. We understand each other. Like, I love my brother, but I will never stop teasing him and he will never stop teasing me. It brings us closer, and it's how families work. The same could be applied to an online community. It would suck if everyone was super nice all the time. There would be no dynamics anymore.

I can tell that everyone on here is a good person, whether it's on the surface or deeper down. And I don't think anyone, including myself, will ever mean to hurt another person on here.

Brent I've said before that you can be really mean, you are nice to me and many others but you do tend to pick on some people, and yes I know it's meant as a joke, but heck if somebody joked about me constantly I would be pretty upset about it.

Okay I'm going to break this down so that I can understand it, and everyone can understand what I'm trying to say.

This is just unbelievable, it's like we're going backwards here, that first sentence in particular was completely uncalled for and I can't believe you wrote it, I thought you had at least moved past the creation of the thread and you'd be civil about it, but no, its not the case.

It's an impossibility to change the way people work. Their personalities. Their interactions. Their senses of humor. You, yourself, can be kind of rude sometimes. In fact, I didn't come onto the lounge for a long time because you would pop into the Coldplay section, use sarcasm or mock the band or someone posting about it, and leave. Sarcasm and teasing are pretty big parts of a lot of people's senses of humor. That's why I said it's an impossibility to be really nice to everyone all the time. It's a grossly gigantic assumption to think that this would work.

If anyone would agree with me, it would be you. I'm not trying to be a dick, and I'm not trying to isolate people. If I am, I'll just go. I don't want to ruin everything for you guys.

Yes you are making yourself feel awkward, it's very simple, nobody asked you to be super nice to everyone, we just asked you to stop being a douche to people for no reason, is that so hard? Do you need to make it known how well behaved you are now by sarcastically mocking the whole idea?

Nah, I don't need to "make it known" that I'm mocking the whole idea. And I will abide by your wishes. I didn't really know, again, that my being a total dick is a "cancer."

Let me just get all this clear and in perspective. You were wrong for being so un-necessarily rude to people, mainly joking ('Banning' Billy from that thread as a joke is load of nonsense by the way), but they didn't know you were joking, so you apologised about this, accepted you were wrong and initially seemed to take it seriously, and now things have calmed down you're making fun of it, and in the same post you say it's impossible for you to change as its human but also that you will change, like what in the fuck.

Obviously "banning" Billy from a thread is impossible. This is why it was funny (funny to me, at least). Your treatment of people isn't the nicest thing in the world, either. I think we're pretty even on that front (I'm not going to point fingers, I'm just dictating that this is not something that is exclusively an issue with me. If I'm the person everyone needs to point fingers at, that's okay. I accept your points. I am not innocent.

I'm saying it's impossible to change the attitudes of a large group of people. I can lighten up, but changing my sense of humor and changing my attitude and outlook isn't something that's possible. Like, if you have a cup of coffee that's too strong, you can dilute it but you can't completely rid the cup of the taste. I think this makes sense.

Brent I've said before that you can be really mean, you are nice to me and many others but you do tend to pick on some people, and yes I know it's meant as a joke, but heck if somebody joked about me constantly I would be pretty upset about it.

Yeah you're right.

Okay I'm going to break this down so that I can understand it, and everyone can understand what I'm trying to say.

It's an impossibility to change the way people work. Their personalities. Their interactions. Their senses of humor. You, yourself, can be kind of rude sometimes. In fact, I didn't come onto the lounge for a long time because you would pop into the Coldplay section, use sarcasm or mock the band or someone posting about it, and leave. Sarcasm and teasing are pretty big parts of a lot of people's senses of humor. That's why I said it's an impossibility to be really nice to everyone all the time. It's a grossly gigantic assumption to think that this would work.

If anyone would agree with me, it would be you. I'm not trying to be a dick, and I'm not trying to isolate people. If I am, I'll just go. I don't want to ruin everything for you guys.

Nah, I don't need to "make it known" that I'm mocking the whole idea. And I will abide by your wishes. I didn't really know, again, that my being a total dick is a "cancer."

Obviously "banning" Billy from a thread is impossible. This is why it was funny (funny to me, at least). Your treatment of people isn't the nicest thing in the world, either. I think we're pretty even on that front (I'm not going to point fingers, I'm just dictating that this is not something that is exclusively an issue with me. If I'm the person everyone needs to point fingers at, that's okay. I accept your points. I am not innocent.

I'm saying it's impossible to change the attitudes of a large group of people. I can lighten up, but changing my sense of humor and changing my attitude and outlook isn't something that's possible. Like, if you have a cup of coffee that's too strong, you can dilute it but you can't completely rid the cup of the taste. I think this makes sense.

It's like you have selected reading, how did you not see this:

Yes you are making yourself feel awkward' date=' it's very simple, [b']nobody asked you to be super nice to everyone[/b], we just asked you to stop being a douche to people for no reason, is that so hard? Do you need to make it known how well behaved you are now by sarcastically mocking the whole idea?

That was my main point, nobody told you to be super nice, we simply said you should tone the douchery down when 'joking' with noobs that you know nothing about, I can't make it any clearer then then.

You're needlessly re-iterating a point I already understand, yes I agree that it's human nature to act certain ways and nobody can turn around and completely change, but why are you talking about this? That post was a big waste of time, you just went on to further explain something that I already understand and has no relevance here.

Nobody asked you to do that, so what you've done is taken a very simple request- to tone it down, and you blew it up into this extreme idea of ACT SUPER NICE 24/7, again, nobody told you to act super nice 24/7. You took a very simple request, blew it out of proportion, mocked it, and now you're acting as if you're a victim expected to jump through hoops to be able post on our forum.

I'm not even going to go into the other stuff in your post, because you'll probably shoot off in some other direction that has nothing to do with what has happened here. I can only repeat it for about the 6th time in this post, at no point did anyone tell you to be SUPER NICE all the time, that's how you perceived a very simple request to just be more civil. You accepted this request, you said you can act nicer towards people, you apologised, and now you're mocking it completely.

I'm sorry to have repeated myself so much but I had to drill it home. Please don't give me another further explanation about how human nature means we can't do a complete 180 as people and act like different people, as that was never the case here, and I already know and understand that, and I might just crack up.

I understand no-one asked, but I see it's a problem, and I'm acting on it.

Perhaps you're the one selectively reading. I'm making the autonomous decision. Like I said, I didn't know it was an issue, and, like the sovereign thinker I am, I am acting upon it. And that's the end of the story, really.

I won't be SUPER nice, as, like you said, no-one is asking me to do so. But I will be nice-r. Or just not say anything when I'm about to be a dick. Which is what I'm gathering you guys want. It's no big deal: I can dilute the concentration of meanness.

Furthermore, I understand that I am repeating myself and reiterating things. It's the way I understand stuff and dictate logic. But that's my prerogative, and I don't think being repetitive is a crime.

Repetition is closer to a crime when you do it while completely ignoring the actual point (It's called a diversion). I think we need to get this back on track.

I took an issue that you were mocking the idea of simply acting more civil, your defence for mocking it was that you can't be expected to act super nice 24/7, you were like OF COURSE you need to mock it, how unreasonable is it for some girl to make a thread expecting me to completely change. OK so far?

Now I think we've finally established between us that she did not make a thread expecting anyone or everyone to completely change, including you, you decided to read into it that way because it suited your defence.

Perhaps you're the one selectively reading. I'm making the autonomous decision. Like I said, I didn't know it was an issue, and, like the sovereign thinker I am, I am acting upon it. And that's the end of the story, really.

This is ridiculous now, at least twice I've made the point that you have accepted you need to be more civil, I didn't skip that out, I even used it to show how you were making no sense:

So this is you saying how ridiculous the thread is for expecting people to change, and the next paragraph you say how you are now changing and will act more civil:

No' date=' I won't actively mock it anymore, and I get that I can be overbearing at times. I'll quit it. I didn't know that it bothered people so much. But I'm not going to be super nice by default.[/quote']

I acknowledged this monstrosity here:

You were wrong for being so un-necessarily rude to people' date=' mainly joking ('Banning' Billy from that thread as a joke is load of nonsense by the way), but they didn't know you were joking, [b']so you apologised about this, accepted you were wrong and initially seemed to take it seriously[/b], and now things have calmed down you're making fun of it, and in the same post you say it's impossible for you to change as its human nature but also that you will change, like what in the fuck.

And I also happened to acknowledge that you have said you are willing to tone it down (Bold), I don't have selective reading, how could I not have noticed you said you're toning it down? You've written it a handful of times, that's a mad accusation to say I'm somehow insinuating that you are unwilling to change, I said nothing of the sort.

But anyway, back again to the original point, mocking something that's been taken so seriously lately was just absurd, I thought you'd just accept that it was a silly thing to do, but now you leapt arrogantly to this ridiculous defence that how dare we expect you to act 100% differently, and then you've tried to drag other issues in like Billy, or my conduct generally, because I think you realised your 'defence' for mocking it was a load of a shit.

That's all I wanted to get across, mocking it wasn't clever or funny and you would have no doubt gone on doing it for days if nothing was said, I didn't want to talk about Dee's motives for starting the thread, about what we expect of you (Or rather, what you fabricated we expect of you), Billy, or anything else, it was a very simple point, and if you're happy to accept that you shouldn't be doing it then I don't know why the fuck you've dragged out this long-winded argument into other areas needlessly.

Well, like Reilly has dictated, it's useless for me to talk in circles. And it's useless to continue discussing it. So, if I've ever offended anyone personally, made you feel inferior, chased you away from the boards, annoyed you, or whatever, I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to do so, and if I've impactually made a burden upon you, I sincerely apologize.

I'm sorry for mocking this thread, and specifically, I'm sorry Reilly for making you explain your position to me because I just don't get stuff. But thank you for having patience.

And Dee, I'm sorry for being a burden to you. If I could take back the comments I've previously made in this thread, I would. I didn't realize, again, that I was being such a headache.

Finally, I'm sorry I've dragged it on. There's clearly something I don't or didn't get.

I understand that no-one has asked me to be less of a dickhole, but I've made the decision to stop being a terribly invasive, obnoxious one. And I made this decision on my own.

If there's anything I can do to make it up to you, I'll be more than happy to do so.