✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The cancer that is killing The Lounge

Coldplay

Dear Loungers,

I remember joining this forum, a timid, naïve 11-year-old with dreams of being Internet cool and engaging in 'teh secks' (cancer) with Chris Martin. This forum brought me many close friends, taught me not to care what others think, and I've learned lots of new vocabulary from douchebag intellectuals who don't like Coldplay anymore™.

The Lounge I remember was a very active place, that brought us laughs from well-loved Coldplayers and morons alike.

While this era had to die (via abuse, spam, racist comments, etc.), its legacy lived on. That you can walk into a messageboard about a no-longer-relevant band and walk out filled with experiences that make you a stronger and happier person.

wht the fk is gong on now

I was talking to Reilly and we both kinda agree that the Lounge has become an unfunny place. It might just be me being a delusional fuck but people barely post anymore, and it can't be because the MX era is over because the Lounge was very active two years after VLV was out, plus we have 30000 more members.

Brent's always like "why do you complain all the time Dee" and it's because everything's so lame! Not many serious, thoughtful threads, no funny threads, no competitions or events to engage in, not even people to make fun of to make yourself feel better, just

• YOLO
  • ~~~
  • bewbs/secks
  • :huh:
  • Tammi's thread/random posting thread/all the other popular threads filled with
    "dee" "tammi" "rudy" "hi" "hi" "lol" "lolz" "lulzzz" "ur mom" "gtg bye!!!" "bye"
  • expired memes
  • FUCK YOU HURT MY FEELINGS
  • WERE YOU BEING SARCASTIC OR NOT I CANT TELL

Maybe it's the wrong thing to make a thread about this but I wanna see if anyone agrees that we need to do something to enhance The Lounge Experience™ or if it's only me and maybe I should leave if I'm not content with how it is.

We can do Tinychats or stop with the memes or send each other stuff or SOMETHING jhfjdhjd

EDIT: I see that I am not the first:

Everything goes mental. Noobs show up, oldies complain that it wasn't like it was in the old days, whatever new group the new sound/marketing campaign attracted take up residence, while a few regulars who either don't like the new sound or don't like the crowding on the board disappear. The Coldplay section gets really noisy for a few months, and the regulars hunker down in the lounge where business continues as usual. Eventually everything slows down and then peters off into next to nothing when the tour ends. The girly girls fade away or grow up and some of the refugees slowly come back. Regulars who were whining about the crowding and noobs start once again whining that nothing ever happens and there's nothing to talk about just like they always used to. Eventually new album details start to leak out and the whole thing starts over again. :dozey:

Wash, rinse, repeat.

But nevertheless, the poll results say that people are unhappy, so let's see what can be done.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No your right Dee.

And I'm sorry if I was annoying to most of you out there, but the District 9 aspect of the lounge has been so great for the past few months I've been scared to even comment because of more sarcastic bashing and etc. and even my serious threads like the route of education I should take was like overran...:dosey:

Voted for HATRED, whats worse is that I've participated in some of it, but to an extent it was funny, but lately it's like acting retardedly LOL is all some people do on here, you forget people are actually capable of talking like a normal person when all they write is one sentence shit or smileys.

I've noticed in the maybe week the place is really dying, a lot of people liked things like YOLO, but clearly we abused the shit out of it. The ~~~ thing is like overboard for me. And yes there is also a lot of this childish "lol u sed dik" awkward nerdy humour.

And what can we do? I don't know, I don't know if this thread about it is necessary, but I also have nothing against its creation, I guess it's a step in some way. I think some of us are just constantly acting so silly, and it's gotten so old so quickly, that very few have gotten bored of it yet.

"The point of no return?" :uhoh: I dont know I'm retarded :blank:

No you're not, but I've never heard of that before.

I remember Ian called the Lounge "lovingly known as District 9" and people were like "what the hell nobody calls it that" and then he changed it to something else.

Voted for HATRED, whats worse is that I've participated in some of it, but to an extent it was funny, but lately it's like acting retardedly LOL is all some people do on here, you forget people are actually capable of talking like a normal person when all they write is one sentence shit or smileys.

I've noticed in the maybe week the place is really dying, a lot of people liked things like YOLO, but clearly we abused the shit out of it. The ~~~ thing is like overboard for me. And yes there is also a lot of this childish "lol u sed dik" awkward nerdy humour.

And what can we do? I don't know, I don't know if this thread about it is necessary, but I also have nothing against its creation, I guess it's a step in some way. I think some of us are just constantly acting so silly, and it's gotten so old so quickly, that very few have gotten bored of it yet.

The thread was to find out what people think. I thought that maybe the reason nobody posts is because they don't want to post.

Personally, I'd appreciate a little less 8-year-old humor, but a messageboard is obviously a democracy and if you all think it's cute I'll shut up and let you be.

I don't know, I don't know if this thread about it is necessary, but I also have nothing against its creation, I guess it's a step in some way.

Awareness maybe? :thinking: although the word awareness doesn't fit with this situation....

No you're not, but I've never heard of that before.

I remember Ian called the Lounge "lovingly known as District 9" and people were like "what the hell nobody calls it that" and then he changed it to something else.

that's where I got it from, I didnt realize it change lmao

That's not my point, you use it like it doesn't mean anything. That bothers me.

The title is a meme, used as a form of irony as I am complaining about memes in the first post of this thread.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-cancer-that-is-killing-b

I apologize for the second time. You are free to block the thread or not post in it if you wish, but I will not change the name of the thread.

Cancer is something that happens often in nature to many animals (some people even argue that it happens to plants) and using it as a metaphor does not mean that I wish harm on anyone.

Is it offensive if I use fever, stomach flu, etc. casually?

Not everything in life is good and you just have to learn to live with it and focus on enjoying your life, rather than being so uptight at the simple mention of it.

I hate yolo. It was fine at first I guess but now it's just like:

person 1: Guys my parents are getting divorced. I'm really scared. What should I do?

person 2: yolo

I mean, seriously?! It's annoying and kills every thread, serious or not. There is too much vulgar stuff too. A little, okay, half of us are kids, it's expected, but don't you all know any other subjects. Alot of people on here are starting to be jerks too and think they're so much better then everyone else, and I actually feel bad for the members who are constintally picked on. A little banter is all in fun, but people are taking it to far. The only thing I like that you hate is :huh:, but I'll give that up if we can make the lounge fun again. I actually hate it now....

but I will not change the name of the thread.

Did I ask you to do that?

Not everything in life is good and you just have to learn to live with it and focus on enjoying your life, rather than being so uptight at the simple mention of it.

Have you ever seen someone close to you, friends or family, die of cancer? I guess not. If so, you would know better.

Did I ask you to do that?

Have you ever seen someone close to you, friends or family, die of cancer? I guess not. If so, you would know better.

No, you didn't ask me to do that. But the title did bother you, so I assumed you didn't just want to stare at it, you wanted something to be done about it.

Yes, I have, believe it or not. And the ones I didn't lose to cancer I lost to drugs and alcohol (they're not gone, but their minds are). And of course it makes me sad, but at the end I just feel grateful for the family I have. Everyone will lose a lot in their life, and often it will really hurt. It doesn't mean that there isn't good in the world.

You don't have to be so angry.

Yeah, what happened to all the Tinychat and msn groups and listening parties and those crappy multiplayer games we used to play that I always won :disappointed:

Ah, the Tinychat things and MSN groups were the best :wacky:

Why aren't you on MSN anymore, Em? I still do the group chats sometimes

Plus I miss you :disappointed:

I mean, seriously?! It's annoying and kills every thread, serious or not. There is too much vulgar stuff too. A little, okay, half of us are kids, it's expected, but don't you all know any other subjects. Alot of people on here are starting to be jerks too and think they're so much better then everyone else, and I actually feel bad for the members who are constintally picked on. A little banter is all in fun, but people are taking it to far. The only thing I like that you hate is :huh:, but I'll give that up if we can make the lounge fun again. I actually hate it now....

Indeed.

I don't usually come to the lounge, so I don't actually have of sense what it was before and what it is now.

However, what I can indeed sense, not only here, but also elsewhere (Coldplay section, parts of WoM section) is that some people are mistaking sarcasm for being downright rude. There is no thin line between them, if you ask me. Some people speak as if they were the brightest people walking on Earth and regard others as morons, as if everybody is a fangirl (why is it that people only talk about girls anyway?) incapable of rational thinking.

Also, specially in the lounge, sometimes people just starting dissing others for fuc**** nothing. It's bad enough when you do have a reason to be pissed and is unintentionally rude to other people, but seriously, doing this out of the blue and gratuitously?

Anyway, I think it was a nice idea to create the thread. It's not really effective action to change the current state-of-affairs, but at least it should raise some awareness.

No, you didn't ask me to do that. But the title did bother you, so I assumed you didn't just want to stare at it, you wanted something to be done about it.

Yes, I have. And the ones I didn't lose to cancer I lost to drugs and alcohol (they're not gone, but their minds are). And of course it makes me sad, but at the end I just feel grateful for the family I have. Everyone will lose a lot in their life, and often it will really hurt. It doesn't mean that there isn't good in the world.

I've seen too many people die of cancer. And of course, life goes on. It's not that I'm crying my eyes out every single day but I miss those people dearly. And it makes me mad that people give the impression that they couldn't care less.

Maybe it's my misinterpretation but that's how it came across.

I hate yolo. It was fine at first I guess but now it's just like:

person 1: Guys my parents are getting divorced. I'm really scared. What should I do?

person 2: yolo

Agreed. I don't even like posting in here anymore(fear of people making fun of what I say or making me feel stupid about what I say). And that is sad. :(

Indeed.

I don't usually come to the lounge, so I don't actually have of sense what it was before and what it is now.

However, what I can indeed sense, not only here, but also elsewhere (Coldplay section, parts of WoM section) is that some people are mistaking sarcasm for being downright rude. There is no thin line between them, if you ask me. Some people speak as if they were the brightest people walking on Earth and regard others as morons, as if everybody is a fangirl (why is it that people only talk about girls anyway?) incapable of rational thinking.

Also, specially in the lounge, sometimes people just starting dissing others for fuc**** nothing. It's bad enough when you do have a reason to be pissed and is unintentionally rude to other people, but seriously, doing this out of the blue and gratuitously?

Anyway, I think it was a nice idea to create the thread. It's not really effective action to change the current state-of-affairs, but at least it should raise some awareness.

Agreed. I don't even like posting in here anymore(fear of people making fun of what I say or making me feel stupid about what I say). And that is sad. :(

Well, actually, this was much much worse in the past. Things that people said on here literally made me cry.

But again, it makes you realize that you're more than the stupid words people say.

I don't know about bringing those trolls back but I do miss some people