✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The cancer that is killing The Lounge

Coldplay

It's weird when I think about all the people who used to make up the lounge who have now left/ non regular/,distant posters/banned :sad:

Just gonna reel off some names to see how many people I can remember

Maja

William

Josh

Nathan

That gallosal fragster guy

Sara

Julie

Briggins

Ivet and Marie

I miss a lot of people Dx there's got to be more but I can't remember them right now.

Fake Plastic Willy! I think he's dead :anxious:

He hasn't logged into MSN or Last.fm in years :uhoh:

I remember he told me he was studying in America, good for him

don't know you

don't know you

I knew Nathan fairly well but I got tired of his constant desire to 'push people to their limits' with unnecessary insults, he should seek therapy or something

Glossal Fragster was pretty cool

who cares

who cares

I love Marie. Why doesn't she post though? Because she does still like Coldplay.

And I don't think Ivet likes me that much anymore :anxious:

Briggins, Karen, Makayla, Stefan, and all those 'usual suspect' people, I don't know them, they were rather intimidating to me in my tweenybopper Coldplay fangirl days

and I can't remember anyone else either :uhoh:

I don't regret coming back though, I made a handful of new friends and became friends with some oldies I never talked to :wacko:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're kidding, right? Dee uses a word you don't like, without any extra connotation, and you play the "I'm offended!" card, then go on to accuse Dee of simply not caring about the most common cause of death in the western world? I think if anyone has the right to be offended here, it's Dee, because you just seriously questioned what type of person she is for no reason whatsoever.

No I wasn't kidding. It wasn't just the word, I explained this a couple of pages back.

Dee!

I agree with everthing you said in your first post especially with this:

• YOLO
  • Tammi's thread/random posting thread/all the other popular threads filled with
    "dee" "tammi" "rudy" "hi" "hi" "lol" "lolz" "lulzzz" "ur mom" "gtg bye!!!" "bye"

There are also a few threads with inside jokes which make you feel like an outsider (especially if you haven't posted in a long time or not as often as you used to) so in my case, i just lurk and leave.

I think others simply don't post cos they are always ignored and it seems only people talk to each other if they're in the same group.

If I fight with you it will make the lounge fun but I guess I did use those terms. But still, I think we should all just let go of these terms.

Also rules.. I think rules is what fucked this place up. If we wanted rules we´d go to real life. Thats why the lounge was so much fun, there were people who just came to annoy, assholes, swearing, alias and no warnings.

Yes. I think the reason the mods and admins got so strict is because some people abused their responsibilities.

People have insulted others' families, been racist, homophobic, threatened to stalk people and take down Coldplaying's server, made 15000x15000 pixel sigs in response to a sig limitation, you name it. We're not really 'trusted' now.

I say we start a new Lounge war.

IF YOUR LAST NAME STARTS WITH A-L, I FUCKING HATE YOU AND I HOPE YOUR HOUSE BURNS AND EVERYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR ENDS UP IN THE CLAWS OF SATAN

I agree Dee. I haven't been here all that long but just in the last few weeks this place has had a serious drop in quality. It seems like most of the posts rely on in jokes, which leads everyone who isn't directly involved to start posting less because they can't relate to the context.

Yes! I was very excited when I returned a month or two ago but now this place seems bleak. Most of you are 20 or 30-somethings, if a 14-year-old kid has a more elevated sense of humor than you, you know there's something wrong :uhoh:

You're kidding, right? Dee uses a word you don't like, without any extra connotation, and you play the "I'm offended!" card, then go on to accuse Dee of simply not caring about the most common cause of death in the western world? I think if anyone has the right to be offended here, it's Dee, because you just seriously questioned what type of person she is for no reason whatsoever.

Being offended /=/ being right.

By the way, Dee's use of the word actually falls within the definition of the word cancer in most dictionaries:

2. any evil condition or thing that spreads destructively; blight.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cancer

3. something evil or malignant that spreads destructively

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cancer

an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate - "racism is a cancer across Europe".

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/cancer

eee

I don't want anyone to feel insulted about stuff that happened to their family and friends, but you took the words right out of my mouth.

I don't think I deserve an apology or anything though because I was the one that hurt her

Let's just pretend this never happened, please :uhoh2:

Yes. I think the reason the mods and admins got so strict is because some people abused their responsibilities.

People have insulted others' families, been racist, homophobic, threatened to stalk people and take down Coldplaying's server, made 15000x15000 pixel sigs in response to a sig limitation, you name it. We're not really 'trusted' now.

I say we start a new Lounge war.

IF YOUR LAST NAME STARTS WITH A-L, I FUCKING HATE YOU AND I HOPE YOUR HOUSE BURNS AND EVERYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR ENDS UP IN THE CLAWS OF SATAN

phew! I'm not in that group~ But if that's what used to happen here, that's not good at all.... I guess I can understand the drama kept the Lounge going but under some weird conditions.

Dee!

I agree with everthing you said in your first post especially with this:

There are also a few threads with inside jokes which make you feel like an outsider (especially if you haven't posted in a long time or not as often as you used to) so in my case, i just lurk and leave.

I think others simply don't post cos they are alwas ignored and it seems only people talk to each other if they're in the same group.

No! You should post! We love you :wacky:

So what do we do? Bring more 'groups' to prominence (make threads for oldies or whatever), or make the Lounge a big group so everyone's included (spammers and unnecessary posting threads included)?

I made this thread so we can figure out a way for us all to feel happy and included in here, so let's start working on that

I hate yolo. It was fine at first I guess but now it's just like:

person 1: Guys my parents are getting divorced. I'm really scared. What should I do?

person 2: yolo

I mean, seriously?! It's annoying and kills every thread, serious or not. There is too much vulgar stuff too. A little, okay, half of us are kids, it's expected, but don't you all know any other subjects. Alot of people on here are starting to be jerks too and think they're so much better then everyone else, and I actually feel bad for the members who are constintally picked on. A little banter is all in fun, but people are taking it to far. The only thing I like that you hate is :huh:, but I'll give that up if we can make the lounge fun again. I actually hate it now....

You're right. I used to post in the lounge a lot, but the people over there got more and more offensive and every time there was a discussion about anything it ended up on a fight. And there are this kind of "groups" so when you say that you don't agree with sth ALWAYS the same people replied with agressions, it's like they were together to insult other people. I got tired of that and I don't post anymore, because I don't want to or because i'm just afraid of being insulted. Now I only post on the same threads all the time. Until a couple of years ago, cping used to be a great place with wonderful people, it was fun to spend some time here... now it's not.

No! You should post! We love you :wacky:

So what do we do? Bring more 'groups' to prominence (make threads for oldies or whatever), or make the Lounge a big group so everyone's included?

I made this thread so we can figure out a way for us all to feel happy and included in here, so let's start working on that

I've been busy but i'll try ^^

I just think people have to stop being too sarcastic with some new loungers. I've seen a few noobs trying to post and got scared with some rude and sarcastic replies . They don't know you're being sarcastic or your sense of humour so they think you really annoyed them and they just stop posting where you post. ( not you dee dee, i'm speaking in general)

I think some people try too hard to build their online persona and act like one unique character and that's fine but they can come out as jerks or elitists who only talk with certain people only. ( that also happened in the past with the "bikers" group like 5 years ago i think) I know they're not all the same and i actually had really good convos in private with people who i thought were jerks when they were hiding under their online persona.

I won't complain and say things weere way better before cos i was really tired of all that drama shit we had for years. I'm sure the lounge will find its balance eventually.