✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking the same, hope no one gets screwed.

By the way, there are two things I discovered recently (one today).

There are two version of the Life in Technicolor ii UK/EU promo, they both have TECHNICOLOR001, but then the catalogue number is different, one is 50999 268806 2 4, the other is 50999 693264 2 4

Here's the back cover of both so you can see the difference there as well

R-1684738-1236778719.jpeg

2ypgoj8.jpg

The other thing regards The Blue Room EP 12" promo. It seems that Parolophone made two versions, one with the blue artwork and one with the same artwork as the regular limited numbered edition. This info is coming from a guy who used to work there and has a copy of the full artwork promo.

Hahahaha this guy on eBay is really funny :laugh3:

He's selling Coldplay stuff and in every picture he likes to sneek in a glimpse of what appears to me as a fake Safety EP.

Let's see if you can spot it, WARNING very difficult to do so!

He starts off subtle:

5k0fvo.jpg

2zekyzo.jpg

vkqxk.jpg

33xwjdv.jpg

Then it just gets...worse I guess

2nia4g6.jpg

1zg4vtf.jpg

2872dsx.jpg

I wonder why he does it? Fake or not, it's just weird. What is he trying to prove? :P

I bought a fake Safety before :(

I really wonder why he doesn't just sell it ?

It's obviously a fake from what we can see. Maybe he knows it and knows that he'll get a lot of bullshit when he puts it online?

And meh I like the Fix You ones better :p

2872dsx.jpg

PEEKABOOO

Was thinking the same, hope no one gets screwed.

By the way, there are two things I discovered recently (one today).

There are two version of the Life in Technicolor ii UK/EU promo, they both have TECHNICOLOR001, but then the catalogue number is different, one is 50999 268806 2 4, the other is 50999 693264 2 4

Here's the back cover of both so you can see the difference there as well

R-1684738-1236778719.jpeg

2ypgoj8.jpg

The other thing regards The Blue Room EP 12" promo. It seems that Parolophone made two versions, one with the blue artwork and one with the same artwork as the regular limited numbered edition. This info is coming from a guy who used to work there and has a copy of the full artwork promo.

Hey thanks for the tip. I didn't even realize there were 2 different cat#

Btw, on the50999 268806 2 4, on the matrice it's written CDRDJ 6766.

Finally I was able procure a mint Viva La Vida 12" promo copy for only $90.00!:D Now if I can find a copy of the Blue Room E.P. 12" promo copy and the Don't Panic 12" promo copy, that would then complete my Coldplay vinyl collection!!! Any leads on those two pieces please PM me! :D

Does anyone know where I can find a CB or a Paradise promo cd for a cheaper price than $40? I already put in a request about PoC on Music Stack. I'm mostly looking for the MX promos currently, but I still need all the rest of the promos, excluding the ones that came in the 2007 box set.

Also, I already have the ETIAW 7" and CD single, and the Up With the Birds/UFO 7" from MX, so I won't be looking for those.

Why does everyone keep talking about a Don't Panic 12" promo. It's not a promo, it's a deleted out of print whatever :p

Yes it is out of print however there was a version that came in a blue cardboard sleeve that was used for promotional use only in radio stations etc. same thing with the 12" Don't Panic.

Yes it is out of print however there was a version that came in a blue cardboard sleeve that was used for promotional use only in radio stations etc. same thing with the 12" Don't Panic.

Which one do you mean with blue promotional cardsleeve ?

I have never seen one of these anywhere. Are you sure you aren't thinking of the Blue Room 12" promo?

I have never seen one of these anywhere. Are you sure you aren't thinking of the Blue Room 12" promo?

Yes that's what I was thinking

(and he sure has some guts trying to argue with the CPDiscoGr.com owner :angry:

Just kidding :laugh3: )

Yes that's what I was thinking

(and he sure has some guts trying to argue with the CPDiscoGr.com owner :angry:

Just kidding :laugh3: )

He's trying to school the master! An appropriate response would be to send out your winged monkey beasts to rip him to shreds.