= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
Hi chums!

I've started this thread because in the "how many official coldplay cds do you have" thread, people keep answering with statements like "only one, lol", or "I've got MX on mp3".

Let's discuss CD and record collecting here!

Ha! I've been dying to have thread like this where you can ask questions about releases to fellow collectors ! But I'm the kind of person to start threads, so thanks!

Let me just start by saying that I absolutely love the Coldplay collectors community! I witness the whole thing from close range, and I haven't met a single jerk! I have special bond with some and I love talking to then about all differnet kind of releases :smug:

I recentally bought a Violet Hill 7" and it's in great condition! The guy who sold it to me was really nice and took great care to make sure it arrived in the states safe and sound! Other then that the only Coldplay vinyl I have so far is Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, and it is a thing of beauty, I'll tell ya!:)

Let me think... I only have 5 Coldplay CD's, the 7" singles set, ETIaW 7", and 2 vinyl albums. The CD's I have are ARoBttH, Viva la Vida, Viva la Vida (Prospekt's March Edition), Every Teardrop single, and Mylo Xyloto (with the running man t-shirt). The vinyl albums I have are Mylo Xyloto and Prospekt's March. I plan/hope to get the Up With the Birds/UFO 7" single at Record Store Day!!!!

This is cool! I had posted a CP collectors guide on eBay years ago, and often get messages with questions. I always happily answer, then refer people to this specific forum and to the most fantastic coldplaydiscography site around (you know which one!). :-)

This is cool! I had posted a CP collectors guide on eBay years ago, and often get messages with questions. I always happily answer, then refer people to this specific forum and to the most fantastic coldplaydiscography site around (you know which one!). :-)

Haha shouldn't be mine, it feels like it has been 'on hold' for ages now :laugh3:

I've been trying to build up my vinyl collection, as I have most of the CDs (I only collect the Parlophone ones). Managed to buy a 12" numbered Blue Room EP recently for just £24, so I was really pleased with that!

One CD I'd really like though (for a half decent price) is the EU promo of Lovers in Japan!

That's a great price for it, well done : )

Let's hope all of us will come here in three weeks happy to have the RSD 7" in our hands :uhoh:

Also, talking about vinyls, there are 2 copies of the Viva la Vida promo 12", limited to 300 copies, on ebay. They don't come cheap (150£), but they're sold by Oxfam, so if you need a little something to convince you to buy it, think the money is going to a great cause and you're gonna get a very very nice collector's item :nice:

Whilst cleaning out my room tonight, I noticed I was missing a handful of singles and EP's I've somehow managed to not get yet.

This one is what I am contemplating buying or not, solely because the price. Is it worth it?

I wouldn't do it for that price. The promo single usually goes for about 5$( and the vinyl doesn't show up that often, but they often start at a low price.

80eFy.jpg

Got a hold of a CB promo, pictured next to the ETIAWF single for reference. It's the only rare item I have right now. Got it off eBay for $25, which wasn't too bad. Saw a bunch on musicstack for $35 a pop, shipped from the UK, but they've dropped to $23 if anyone's looking.

http://www.musicstack.com/album/coldplay/charlie+brown

Now to find a Paradise promo. Anyone have one, and how much did you pay and from where?

ahhaha what? they need to send it in a golden envelope for that price. Maybe ask the seller if the price is wrong, it's impossible it's that much, I got things sent recorded delivery from the US and the maximum I paid was half that price and for a few items sent together, therefore weighing more.

80eFy.jpg

Got a hold of a CB promo, pictured next to the ETIAWF single for reference. It's the only rare item I have right now. Got it off eBay for $25, which wasn't too bad. Saw a bunch on musicstack for $35 a pop, shipped from the UK, but they've dropped to $23 if anyone's looking.

http://www.musicstack.com/album/coldplay/charlie+brown

Now to find a Paradise promo. Anyone have one, and how much did you pay and from where?

Seems you got the US Charlie Brown promo which is actually harder to find than the UK one