✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[5-May-2012] Coldplay @ KROQ Weenie Roast, Irvine, CA, USA

Haha I turned this webcast into a drinking game and was drunk chatting it with friends....apoloigies to those of you who follow me on twitter who had to deal with my drunken commentary ahahahah. was actually very glad they limited the amount of MX material. they axctually got extremely good amount of time for KROQ show. most get much less.

And honestly, about as goood as you can ask from a KKROQ show crowd, especially since many weren't here to see Coldplay at all. the bigger fans would have been at the Hollywood Bowl shows.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish the crowd was more lively... Coldplay puts everything into their music and shows, and I think it's up to us (the fans) to give it back... Other than that, they were awesome, as usual :)

So much of that crowd was a more RockMetalPunk oriented criwd. Glad that Chris as a frontman was able to get as much out of them as he did. It's not the kind of show where they have the whole audience on their side, sadly. But the performance was still top-notch, despite tha crowd. :)

Did anyone else follow the whole main stage? I was SO mad at Pennywise! Giving props to the bands they liked, but not even acknowledging Silversun Pickups, who were on right after them, then saying 'this is our last song' and playing 4 more, when the show was already 15 minutes behind schedule? I know they're punk, but disrespect for other musicians isn't what most punk band I know are all about. Utterly classless, imo.

Sorry. Wanted to put that somewhere and didn't know where. Rant over. Back to grinning over Coldplay!

Did anyone else follow the whole main stage? I was SO mad at Pennywise! Giving props to the bands they liked, but not even acknowledging Silversun Pickups, who were on right after them, then saying 'this is our last song' and playing 4 more, when the show was already 15 minutes behind schedule? I know they're punk, but disrespect for other musicians isn't what most punk band I know are all about. Utterly classless, imo.

Sorry. Wanted to put that somewhere and didn't know where. Rant over. Back to grinning over Coldplay!

so those are the jerks that threw it all off... they should've "BRIT awards Adele'd" them, but us flicking them off

Coldplay was in such a great mood! :D They were jumping around and they were giving it their all! they were fantastic! :D They even got ETIAW, GPASUYF and Fix You on twitter's trending!

But seriously though. That crowd. I dont know which crowd was worse? the Letterman crowd where people were just standing, or this crowd...

I was there tonight...lamest crowd ever. I came right before Offspring was supposed to be on but then had to endure what seemed like 5 hours of just noise noise noise. By the time Coldplay came on a lot of people were leaving or really drunk and tired. During ETIAW, I'm pretty sure Chris saw the aisles filled with people leaving and got a little sad which was is probably why he ran off so quickly. I'm not sure why they decided to play at this festival. Really not their crowd...but oh well. They were amazing and I'm glad I got to see them again.

I was there tonight and yes, the crowd SUCKED. People had been drinking all day and by the time they came out, everyone was tired. I felt so bad because I could tell Chris was getting frustrated with the crowd. Anyway, I had so much fun! It seemed to take forever for the boys to come out but I was very happy with how long their set was. I had a pretty decent seat and I will post my pictures soon. I guess that's about it, they did amazing like always :)

I loved the stream. And I loved how Chris seemed to draw so many in, considering the drunk, tired nature of the crowd. But yes. I have to ask myself: Who booked them for this one and why did someone think it was a good idea?? It wasn't a good fit for Coldplay at all! Glad they had a lot of loyal fans there to send the good vibes. But, should they have even been there? Odd.

did they do an interview before/after show???!?!?!?

I think it was before, because he's wearing street clothes under his jacket, and looks like he hasn't been sweating for a little over an hour. KROQ has posted other videos from the day, so I'm keeping an eye out for theirs!

I loved the stream. And I loved how Chris seemed to draw so many in, considering the drunk, tired nature of the crowd. But yes. I have to ask myself: Who booked them for this one and why did someone think it was a good idea?? It wasn't a good fit for Coldplay at all! Glad they had a lot of loyal fans there to send the good vibes. But, should they have even been there? Odd.

This!!! :nod:

coldplay-rauch-385.jpg?w=385&h=240&crop=1

Coldplay, considered one of the world’s most internationally-successful multi-genre bands, closed out the night with all their hits including songs like “Hurts Like Heaven,” “In My Place,” “Major Minus,” “Scientist,” of which the audience sang along on cue, “Yellow,” “Violet Hill,” “Viva La Vida,” “Paradise,” “Clocks,” “Fix You,” and they closed out their set with “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall.”

With their stage set covered in neon-graffiti, beautiful multi-colored paper floating down on the audience, and black light effects, Coldplay also sang a compelling melodic version of “(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party)” in honor of MCA of the Beastie Boys. When frontman Chris Martin sang “Mom you’re just jealous it’s the Beastie Boys,” he grew quiet right at that moment, letting the audience chant “Beastie Boys” at the top of their lungs.

While the whole event of KROQ’s Weenie Roast y Fiesta was full of talented bands who played amazing sets, the real driving force behind the night was the memory of MCA, who seemingly made an impact on all the artists that played today.

link