✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Changes in live performances from now

JackColdplay

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DLIBYH would be amazing as encore or last song, so I really hope they add that one. I'd love to hear UWTB too. As for some good oldies and DAAHF!!!!! And they should get rid of Lost. But I'm still worrying that they will play exactly the same set again, at least for the coming months.(But let's hope they don't) And play around 26 songs!

I remember in some interview, CM has stated that they don't like to play Talk and SoS.

I believe the SoS part was in the Howard Stern interview, he said that they never liked the final outcome of the song. The last time I remember them playing SoS live was in one gig in 2011 and it was only 1:30 of the song (was just CM and his piano).

As for Talk, I think I read somewhere that Guy doesn't like it (though I am not completely sure of this).

As for current album, I also recall CM saying that it would be tough to play UWTB live. So I doubt that will get played.

DLIBYH will be played no doubt (they were sound-checking that).

I remember in some interview, CM has stated that they don't like to play Talk and SoS.

I believe the SoS part was in the Howard Stern interview, he said that they never liked the final outcome of the song. The last time I remember them playing SoS live was in one gig in 2011 and it was only 1:30 of the song (was just CM and his piano).

As for Talk, I think I read somewhere that Guy doesn't like it (though I am not completely sure of this).

As for current album, I also recall CM saying that it would be tough to play UWTB live. So I doubt that will get played.

DLIBYH will be played no doubt (they were sound-checking that).

Chris said a few times that they don't like to play songs from the X&Y era. :nod:

They have bad memories of that era. As for SoS, they think they didn't get it right on record. And since he always says it's Guy that doesn't like to play songs like Talk or SoS, I'd say Chris just says that when he doesn't want to give a real answer :lol:

It would be amazing if Chris would play SoS like he did at that gig :awesome:

They soundchecked Swallowed in the sea...do you think we can have hope ? :wacko: though it's another song from the x&y era...

Chris said a few times that they don't like to play songs from the X&Y era. :nod:

They have bad memories of that era. As for SoS, they think they didn't get it right on record. And since he always says it's Guy that doesn't like to play songs like Talk or SoS, I'd say Chris just says that when he doesn't want to give a real answer :lol:

It would be amazing if Chris would play SoS like he did at that gig :awesome:

They soundchecked Swallowed in the sea...do you think we can have hope ? :wacko: though it's another song from the x&y era...

Aw, that's sad. :sad: X&Y has my favorite songs. I would kill to hear A Message live. And Swallowed In The Sea. And Speed of Sound. And Til Kingdom Come.

Basically what everyone else says. More songs that they haven't played in a while and a longer setlist.

Also, more changes throughout the tour. One of the great things at a concert is not knowing what's going to happen next. And I cannot imagine it's more fun to play the same set every night. :shrug:

But my absolute dream would be to hear Amsterdam live...

they will play slightly different setlists during the first dates of the tour until they finally find something they feel confortable with and then they'll stick with it for the rest of the tour. Guess there could be some changes for the stadium shows but nothing too drastic.

I want....

Talk

Speed Of Sound

Lovers In Japan

Swallowed In The Sea

Life In Technicolor ii

See You Soon

A Rush Of Blood To The Head

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

U.F.O.

Strawberry Swing

Death And All His Friends

The Hardest Part (VLV Tour Version)

Green Eyes

Warning Sign

Amsterdam

Don't Panic

Shiver

Trouble

:) :D :dance:

Songs I would like to see become regular fixtures:

Spies

Everything's Not Lost

Amsterdam

Swallowed In The Sea

Talk/White Shadows

Lovers In Japan/Strawberry Swing

DAAHF/Glass Of Water

DLIBYH

Songs I would like to see appear once or twice, e.g. in acoustic sets:

So Sad (apparently Will soundchecked it last year so who knows?)

Sparks/We Never Change

Bigger Stronger

Don't Panic

Warning Sign/Green Eyes

AROBTTH

A Message (impossible, but I can wish)

U.F.O.

UWTB

Songs I want to see go/become less regular:

GPASUYF

Lost!

Violet Hill

Up In Flames

Setlists need to increase to 22-25 songs in length. 2 Encores would be nice as well.

I would like to see the C-Stage from the Viva tour come back but I doubt that will happen seeing as the B-Stage/X-Stage seems to be the centrepiece of the new stage design.