✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Changes in live performances from now

JackColdplay

Now the proper Mylo Xyloto tour is due to start and the album has been out what seems a long time, what changes do you see happening on the tour? What songs will come in/go out? Will there be new gimmicks or changes to existing ones i.e. wristbands, confetti? And most importantly to me, how long will the set be compared to the European December tour?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll answer my own thread first, I expect a few new ones of the album like DLIBYH and Up With The Birds, a few oldies will come in (hopefully some X&Y as they play very little of this), and they may drop songs like In My Place and Lost. For the outdoor shows in Europe, lots of fireworks, also more wristband colours according to the creator. I really hope they play a longer set then when I saw them in Manchester last December which was around 20 songs.

I'll answer my own thread first, I expect a few new ones of the album like DLIBYH and Up With The Birds, a few oldies will come in (hopefully some X&Y as they play very little of this), and they may drop songs like In My Place and Lost. For the outdoor shows in Europe, lots of fireworks, also more wristband colours according to the creator. I really hope they play a longer set then when I saw them in Manchester last December which was around 20 songs.

I hope Lost is forever taken off the setlist. Okay, for the MX tour. It's an alright song I suppose, but I have never enjoyed it live. In My Place is a good song live.

All I want them to do, even just for one tour date, is to play A Message, A Rush of Blood to the Head and Amsterdam.

I can definitely see UWTB and DLBYH being played. I feel like the ending of Mylo is too powerful not to play live. They were also sound checking those months ago.

With how many thousands of people who saw them at festivals this summer, It would be a disappointment if they just treated this next leg as a continuance (same set list etc.)

I think maybe 22-24 songs, definitely longer than the European tour in December. Predicting more use of the wristbands, especially if they perform DLIBYH and UWTB. I hope that doesn't diminish their effect though.. not sure whether I would like that or not.

There will be a big stage, a big MX kind of thing. I hope they will get the two walk routes through te public, like in the Viva tour, back, that was really great. And yes, I hope they'll play more older songs. Not the big hits, but songs like Amsterdam, We Never Change. Bigger Stronger would be awesome.

I hope Lost is forever taken off the setlist. Okay, for the MX tour. It's an alright song I suppose, but I have never enjoyed it live. In My Place is a good song live.

All I want them to do, even just for one tour date, is to play A Message, A Rush of Blood to the Head and Amsterdam.

Yessss! You are so right, always wanted to hear that live!!!!

I hope they make the setlist longer than during the European tour of last December.

I'd love to hear DLIBYH. As for songs from the previous eras, I think LiJ would fit. I'd also love to hear Swallowed in the sea, and/or Square One, or Speed of Sound. Or Amsterdam. Or Life in Technicolor (I & II) or Strawberry Swings. Or tons of other songs :lol:

And it would be awesome if some really old songs and/or b-sides would be added, but I don't think they will, because they seem to make their setlist for casual fans, more than hard-core fans, which I understand.

A completely new song, or a cover would be AWESOME too :awesome:

Also, I really hope they keep Politik in the setlist.

And I'm looking forward to the acoustic part of the show. I feel that's the moment when we could have surprises. Kinda like that GPASUYF/Talk thing they did during the VLV era.

I think they will sing every song on MX, I for one would love to hear up with the birds live!! And I hope they bring death and all his friends back to the setlist, they haven't sung it in a while...

I wanna hear my fave song of all time...: A rush of blood to the head!!!

Really hope that do GPASUYF like they did in the December tour!! I would also love to hear till' kingdom come/ring of fire!!

Last year when I saw them in Johannesburg they played 'Till Kingdom Come' in stead of 'Us Against the World'. I think it's likely they'll play it again in this tour.

Wish they would play Spies! One of my favourite songs live. Never going to happen though...

Hopefully the setlist will be longer and they'll introduce a few songs like DLIBYH, but I doubt they'll change the stage setup, that X thing in the middle looked pretty permanent.

I'm hoping for a longer setlist, with a wider variety of older songs.

For a band of their size, they need to start doing this. They're acting like 'just' a pop band when they play such a short set full of only hits.

That said I always love seeing them.

^ Actually, I would love to have SS back. :wacky:

I hope they make the setlist longer than during the European tour of last December.

I'd love to hear DLIBYH. As for songs from the previous eras, I think LiJ would fit. I'd also love to hear Swallowed in the sea, and/or Square One, or Speed of Sound. Or Amsterdam. Or Life in Technicolor (I & II) or Strawberry Swings. Or tons of other songs :lol:

And it would be awesome if some really old songs and/or b-sides would be added, but I don't think they will, because they seem to make their setlist for casual fans, more than hard-core fans, which I understand.

A completely new song, or a cover would be AWESOME too :awesome:

Also, I really hope they keep Politik in the setlist.

And I'm looking forward to the acoustic part of the show. I feel that's the moment when we could have surprises. Kinda like that GPASUYF/Talk thing they did during the VLV era.

waaaiiittt... Is Politik back?! :cheesy:

I'd love to hear Politik live. :wacky: I hope they keep GPASUYF on the live shows, It was amazing to be there and hear it. :escaping: Up with the birds and DLIBYH would also be nice to hear. :) I would also love to have Green eyes and shiver back. Especially Shiver. :heart: