✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Movement To Bring Politik Back On MX Tour Setlist

coldplaymom

I know that if they don't bring it back by July 2nd, I'm going to strip naked during that gig and demand they play it, that's how much I just love it. Before it gets that drastic though, does anyone have any idea what else we can do to bring this issue to the band's attention?

We can tweet, email, call, etc. If you feel as strongly as I do about this, what can we do to get the band's attention? I have a few ideas running through my head right now that I'll share throughout the day. What's yours?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go get my bag of chill pills and sell some to y'all.

Didn't the tour just start?!?!!! How do you know they won't play it? I seem to recall the Oracle saying that Politik is in Chris' top 2 favorite songs, so I think it's safe to say they'll play it again. No need for a movement/petition at this time.

CHILL

I'm gonna go get my bag of chill pills and sell some to y'all.

Didn't the tour just start?!?!!! How do you know they won't play it? I seem to recall the Oracle saying that Politik is in Chris' top 2 favorite songs, so I think it's safe to say they'll play it again. No need for a movement/petition at this time.

CHILL

I hope you're right. But if the recent tour is an indication, from summer festivals to early winter, they pretty much stuck to the same setlist with very minor changes depending on where they were performing. If they don't hear it from the fans, they might think it's alright to carry on with the present setlist. Just saying!

From Roadie's Blog#12

"Everyone is very pleased with the show, but the search for the ultimate knockout punch continues. To this end, Politik is pulled out of storage and gets a good airing. I can't really see the point in ever doing a Coldplay show without it myself. It is truly monstrous live and tonight is no exception. It's very good to see it back!"

They did the same at the beginning of the Viva la Vida Tour and immediately realised what a mistake it was, I sure hope it's the same this time.

I know that if they don't bring it back by July 2nd, I'm going to strip naked during that gig and demand they play it, that's how much I just love it. Before it gets that drastic though, does anyone have any idea what else we can do to bring this issue to the band's attention?

We can tweet, email, call, etc. If you feel as strongly as I do about this, what can we do to get the band's attention? I have a few ideas running through my head right now that I'll share throughout the day. What's yours?

And if we're two for strip never know to be cool too lol

From Roadie's Blog#12

"Everyone is very pleased with the show, but the search for the ultimate knockout punch continues. To this end, Politik is pulled out of storage and gets a good airing. I can't really see the point in ever doing a Coldplay show without it myself. It is truly monstrous live and tonight is no exception. It's very good to see it back!"

They did the same at the beginning of the Viva la Vida Tour and immediately realised what a mistake it was, I sure hope it's the same this time.

Anchorman is a man after my own heart. Politik should never be put in storage for tour concerts.

I am sure they'll bring it back.. As the others have said, it's only been one gig.. Stripping does seem a bit extreme :cool: :surprised:

That's how strongly I feel about it, Row. I've never played Politik just once. Everyone in my family is annoyed when it comes on b/c I'll rewind the whole song several times, then play the last half a few more times before I can let it go. In my opinion, it's the song that showcases Coldplay's talent and the genius that is Chris Martin.

Please, Veronique, don't strip :lol:

Thank you for making me laugh :)

Maybe I won't, Celine! That was a spur of the moment reaction. :D At least I have a definite answer to a nagging question since I became a Coldplay fan. Politik is my best song ever. Phew!