Movement To Bring Politik Back On MX Tour Setlist

coldplaymom

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll shut up for decency :laugh3:

:laugh3:

Well as everyone said, it was the FIRST concert. It doesn't mean that it will be the definite setlist and that Politik will be left out.

And BTW, I'm sure everyone wants some of their favourite songs to be back on the setlist.

I know that if they don't bring it back by July 2nd, I'm going to strip naked during that gig and demand they play it, that's how much I just love it. Before it gets that drastic though, does anyone have any idea what else we can do to bring this issue to the band's attention?

We can tweet, email, call, etc. If you feel as strongly as I do about this, what can we do to get the band's attention? I have a few ideas running through my head right now that I'll share throughout the day. What's yours?

I'm not a mod, but this might get more attention in the Coldplay: live section. ;)

:facepalm: I just don't know why we need threads like this I would like them to play Effing Swallowed in The sea, See ya Soon...... and a crap load of others, but to strip naked to get their attention:lol: YA THINK they would change anything because of a naked Fan??:lol: Like carrie said...Chill, the song WILL be back..........

Just my opinion here but I think Coldplay should play whatever they want to play on stage. I myself love Politik, it's one of my favorite songs, but I think it's up to the artist to decide what they think fits for the current tour. They may just want to try something different this time around, and it's not like they've never played it or never will play it again. Like others have said, the tour has barely begun and changes to the set list can still occur.

Also, they may have gotten tired of playing the song even if they do love the song itself, although not sure if that is the case here since they've been playing Yellow and others for a very long time now. :P

Just my opinion here but I think Coldplay should play whatever they want to play on stage. I myself love Politik, it's one of my favorite songs, but I think it's up to the artist to decide what they think fits for the current tour. They may just want to try something different this time around, and it's not like they've never played it or never will play it again. Like others have said, the tour has barely begun and changes to the set list can still occur.

Also, they may have gotten tired of playing the song even if they do love the song itself, although not sure if that is the case here since they've been playing Yellow and others for a very long time now. :P

:clap::nod: Thank-You, very well said.

They cant put politik and DLIBYH in the same setlist because they both have that repetitive banging element to them. If they were both in the setlist it wouldn't quite fit. So now they can only pick one or the other. Since DLIBYH is more relevant at the moment, they should keep the setlist as is. However, PoC isn't working out. But that's a different issue. I like the instrumental live but having just a video of Rihanna in the background isn't good at all.

exactly, the artist to decide "Don't Let It Break Your Heart" proof that on the setlist.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-ukACls5Ow]Coldplay- Don't Let It Break Your Heart - Edmonton CA 04-17-2012 (Improved audio) - YouTube[/ame]

and Proof itself is a beautiful song too for sing in concert

*Points* You make me happy. I like you :).

I've got my own dream setlist, too, absolutely-I have one for every band I like, it's safe to say pretty much every fan does for their favorite artists. But iduran's post is spot on.

THIS!

It's gonna be weird not hearing Politik, I absolutely love it , but at this point sacrifices will have to be made in order to play othe)r songs. They have a lot of songs that we would love to hear so i'm ok with them making room. :)

Yes I agree

Yesterday's setlist, no Politik

300px-Setlist_180412.jpg

I really like Politik but for some unknown reason I find that very funny :lol:

:cool::laugh3:

My own personal thoughts..

Everyone has been moaning for months now that they never change up their sets.. The first time they do.. people MOAN! shrugs.gif

What is that saying.? 'you can never please all of the people all of the time.. ?'

Coldplay, play whatever you like! I will still come and see you and still love it! :D

*Points* You make me happy. I like you :).

I've got my own dream setlist, too, absolutely-I have one for every band I like, it's safe to say pretty much every fan does for their favorite artists. But iduran's post is spot on.

Aww...:blush: Thanks. :)

Yeah, I have my dream setlist too but that would be too long of a concert for them. :P I'm happy just having the opportunity to watch them perform.

Although I know the tour has just started and I understand all your previous posts about it's up to the band to decide what to play, Politik is a classic! Personal I think it's their best track. It has to return and I know it will. But it's such a shame some of them who're going to see them live the coming weeks probably won't hear it...

I think reacting like this is counter productive.

Coldplay should be encouraged to play with their setlists a little more and to bring some life into it. One of my main problems with Coldplay is how static their setlists can be.

Politik is certainly one of their best songs, but you can't expect them to play it every time. Leaving it out probably made room for some other songs that we haven't heard in a while.