✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Where are the B-Sides?

Gwaihir

Hello folks!

Finally made it into this neat forum :)

It´s just one year ago that I found out how many B-Sides there are from the previous albums. It was a dream to find soooo many brand new songs from Coldplay after knowing all the albums for so long.

But where are the B-Sides from MX? There is only Moving to Mars... the strings at the end give me goosebumps, great atmosphere... but why is it the only extra song so far?

cheers, Gwaihir

Bands just don't seem to release B-Sides nowadays... it's sad but true. Apart from the occasional treat like Moving to Mars, the only tracks that gets released alongside singles these days are crap remixes and radio edits :(

Welcome :D

First of all, what SuperFitz said.

Then, it's also probably because they think what they have left just isn't worth releasing. MtoM is so good, it is said it was very close to be on the album, so personally I don't even consider it a b-side.

Anyway, we'll probably have to wait til the next album to enjoy new songs :\

As others have said, B-Sides are rapidly dying out for most bands. The big trend now is for singles to be backed with re-mixes, and there have been plenty of those released with the current crop of singles.

There's the acoustic version of POC, though I know that probably comes under 'remixes'. Something tells me that that track is superior to any remix we've heard so far, though...

it's superior to the album version!

What about Don Quixote? Why is there no official recording? Is it from the VLV sessions or inbetween the albums like Christmas Lights?

aaah that song is pure magic (from the viva sessions i think) i'd do anything to hear the studio version. songs like that and famous old painters. even with no lyrics it sounds amazing. why they haven't released them i don't know :\

^Don Quixote was a special live-only song. Having thousands of fans sing "ole ole ole ole, Coldplay, Coldplay" is part of what makes it so special. I'm glad they never released it.

yeah very true. but what about the ones we haven't heard. others mentioned that maybe the band thinks they aren't good but... a coldplay song not good enough to release? meh not possible! i think they're just undecided

I think in a couple years (probably a ways off) they'll take the biggest hits (Viva, Paradise, Clocks, Yellow, etc...) And release them along with rare things, along with one or two new songs, like Snow Patrols Up to Now. As for this era, I'm more than certain they'll do an EP, but thats a whole other story.

^Don Quixote was a special live-only song. Having thousands of fans sing "ole ole ole ole, Coldplay, Coldplay" is part of what makes it so special. I'm glad they never released it.

A lot of the songs that people tend to ask "why wasn't _____ released", were, like Don Quixote, special one off songs that were written for specific situations and thus will never likely get an official release.

Also, a lot of those songs, only exist as demos or live cuts, so it's likely a lot of them were never even finished.

I think in a couple years (probably a ways off) they'll take the biggest hits (Viva, Paradise, Clocks, Yellow, etc...) And release them along with rare things, along with one or two new songs, like Snow Patrols Up to Now. As for this era, I'm more than certain they'll do an EP, but thats a whole other story.

Hits yes. Rare tracks, most likely no.

i love your optimism lets hope they do :)

• 3 months later...