✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A thread for Arlene Moon

Tash

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:waves: Hi Arlene

You lucky lady having the cool job of working with bands such as Coldplay. So I have a question or two I would really love if you would answer... (sorry if the questions seem nosy but I'm often caught day dreaming about what a job PA or supporting bands must be like)

* what does your typical day entail? We know what Roadie42 gets up to and have an insight into some of the things the guys themselves get up to thanks to Phil, Anchorman etc.. but what do you have to cope with?

* how did you get the job? When you were seeing the careers counsellor at school did you know that this is what you wanted to do and were guided that way or did it just "kinda happen"

* Do you need any specific qualifications for your job?

Thanks

C-L x

I love the second question! Well, I don't know that Arlene has seen this thread yet, but hey, if so...Are Coldplay Hiring?? :lol:

Well yep that was going to be my next question if she responded :lol:

We play a game at work when it gets really stressful, "where would you be right now?" and even on the really rainy, cold days I would rather be on tour folding a roadies washing then doing what I do most days. But I bet there's an age window for getting into the PA'ing for a band game? (and I'm past it by now :()

We play a game at work when it gets really stressful, "where would you be right now?" and even on the really rainy, cold days I would rather be on tour folding a roadies washing then doing what I do most days. But I bet there's an age window for getting into the PA'ing for a band game? (and I'm past it by now :()

Hahahahaha! I've played a similar game with bands I've been in over the years!:D

Have you read 'Roadie: Life on the road with Coldplay'? Matt McGinn's book? It's got some really great insights into life as Jonny's tech, and funny stories about the band...and a coupe that will make you cry!!

You'd be surprised. I've worked around the touring industry a lot (for both music and theatre, and believe it or not, a tiny bit of Circus) and people can and do get into the game from just about any walk of life at all sorts of ages. This is particularly true if you have some sort of skill (accounting, IT etc.) where it's harder to find people with expertise willing to go on the road.

Also, forgive me if I'm out of line, but assuming your listed Twitter is your birth year, you're not that old.

You'd be surprised. I've worked around the touring industry a lot (for both music and theatre, and believe it or not, a tiny bit of Circus) and people can and do get into the game from just about any walk of life at all sorts of ages. This is particularly true if you have some sort of skill (accounting, IT etc.) where it's harder to find people with expertise willing to go on the road.

Also, forgive me if I'm out of line, but assuming your listed Twitter is your birth year, you're not that old.

:embarrassed::embarrassed: thank you "fakfak", wow circus too, I bet that was fun? Perhaps ill send SJM my CV and see what happens? LOL

:embarrassed::embarrassed: thank you "fakfak", wow circus too, I bet that was fun? Perhaps ill send SJM my CV and see what happens? LOL

Didn't work there, just had a close friend from college who did.