✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

North American Second Leg?

come_on_in

Any mumblings about the band coming back in 2013?

Haven't heard but I was wondering as well. It seems for each tour, they've done my city 2x, in back to back years. So I'm really hoping they come again next year. I'm thinking though that next year will be primarily about South America and Japan. Then perhaps some more North America and Europe dates. Also, I don't see them finishing the MX Tour without playing in NY.

We shall see though.

Any mumblings about the band coming back in 2013?

I don't see it happening. They've already been touring for over a year, if you count the all the European and 3 US festivals last summer. Plus all the promo they did back in October, the December European arena tour, the one-off shows (UCLA, Madrid, Club Nokia). And then they've been pretty much constant on tour since April, and they will go through November, with only October off. Add all that together, and it's almost a year and a half of the MX era. I just don't see them adding any more shows next year. We can always hope, though...

Dan Green told me no.

But maybe they haven't told him yet. :p

really?? I was thinking that they will have a nice holiday after Australia tour, then they will begin North America tour at the begining of february...and MX tour will be ended next spring.

edit: oopps LOL I mis-read the title :D

Yeah. It seems like the tour could get wrapped up by November. I just find weird for a band this big to not tour markets like Japan and Latin America (they did a festival in each area tho).

Time will tell, but currently Im with the people who think the MX Tour ends in November.

Yeah. It seems like the tour could get wrapped up by November. I just find weird for a band this big to not tour markets like Japan and Latin America (they did a festival in each area tho).

Time will tell, but currently Im with the people who think the MX Tour ends in November.

That's right...they did the Rio festival, Japan festival and Australian festival last summer, too.

Likelihood

Here is the list of major NA cities they have not played on this tour:

USA

New York

Las Vegas

Denver

St. Louis

Phoenix/Glendale

Oklahoma City

Nashville

Columbus

San Francisco*

Hartford

Kansas City

Orlando

Raleigh

Baltimore

New Orleans

Cincinatti

Omaha

San Diego

Salt Lake City

Albuquerque

Pittsburgh

Indianapolis

Milwaukee

Cleveland

Anaheim

CANADA

Ottawa

Winnipeg

-Realistically, Coldplay's tours have lasted about 2 years (Twisted Logic Tour = 678 days; Viva La Vida Tour = 634 days).

-As of now we've had an MX tour that's lasted 288 days as of today (8/8/12). If we presume the MX tour ends on 11/21/12 (date of final Australia gig), that takes us to 393- still about 250 days short of the other tours.

-Assuming we add 50 days for Asia/Latin America (about the time it took on the Viva La Vida Tour), we are missing about 200 days. It's a given they are going here in 2013, they just need to announce it.

-I have extreme doubts that Coldplay would miss so many major US cities, and unless the next album is scheduled a lot earlier than we believe (2014), there should be another NA leg. It makes mathematical sense. However, Coldplay has never been one to follow logic (eg. "Twisted Logic" tour with "Twisted Logic" never performed), so we'll just have to see.

USA

New York

Las Vegas

Denver

St. Louis

Phoenix/Glendale

Oklahoma City

Nashville

Columbus

Hartford

Charlotte

Kansas City

Orlando

Raleigh

Baltimore

New Orleans

Cincinatti

Omaha

San Diego

Salt Lake City

Austin City Limits

Pittsburgh

Indianapolis

Milwaukee

Cleveland

Anaheim

CANADA

Ottawa

Winnipeg

-Realistically, Coldplay's tours have lasted about 2 years (Twisted Logic Tour = 678 days; Viva La Vida Tour = 634 days).

-As of now we've had an MX tour that's lasted 288 days as of today (8/8/12). If we presume the MX tour ends on 11/21/12 (date of final Australia gig), that takes us to 393- still about 250 days short of the other tours.

-Assuming we add 50 days for Asia/Latin America (about the time it took on the Viva La Vida Tour), we are missing about 200 days. It's a given they are going here in 2013, they just need to announce it.

-I have extreme doubts that Coldplay would miss so many major US cities, and unless the next album is scheduled a lot earlier than we believe (2014), there should be another NA leg. It makes mathematical sense. However, Coldplay has never been one to follow logic (eg. "Twisted Logic" tour with "Twisted Logic" never performed), so we'll just have to see.

Then, for the Viva tour, The also came to Boston (Comcast Center in Mansfield, MA) a second time so..... only time will tell. and if it is Spring 2013, we should hear an announcement by Feb 2013. because when they announced the 2nd viva leg for NA it was announced in February for a July/ August tour of that year.

See this is the announcement for the 2nd leg for the viva tour: http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=298&page=0

Hope

Then, for the Viva tour, The also came to Boston (Comcast Center in Mansfield, MA) a second time so..... only time will tell. and if it is Spring 2013, we should hear an announcement by Feb 2013. because when they announced the 2nd viva leg for NA it was announced in February for a July/ August tour of that year.

See this is the announcement for the 2nd leg for the viva tour: http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=298&page=0

Interesting... One would think that LA and Boston would be hit twice on any upcoming leg. I would hope that they also come back to Western Canada, but that doesn't seem likely given their past history. I can hope though. :)

USA

New York

Las Vegas

Denver

St. Louis

Phoenix/Glendale

Oklahoma City

Nashville

Columbus

Hartford

Charlotte

Kansas City

Orlando

Raleigh

Baltimore

New Orleans

Cincinatti

Omaha

San Diego

Salt Lake City

Austin City Limits

Pittsburgh

Indianapolis

Milwaukee

Cleveland

Anaheim

CANADA

Ottawa

Winnipeg

I like your logic! Let's hope they do indeed return. That does seem like an awful lot of big markets they skipped this time around. They could of easily sold out a third night in both Toronto and Montreal.

I would love to see that myself if you don't mind? :P

You forgot to add San Fran! :rolleyes:

It makes me wonder why they didn't add more dates. Maybe after Viva they felt it was to much? Maybe they're have something planned?Maybe they just want to end it early and get to work on lp6? Maybe they wanted less concert dates? Who knows.

I like your logic! Let's hope they do indeed return. That does seem like an awful lot of big markets they skipped this time around. They could of easily sold out a third night in both Toronto and Montreal.

Thanks! :). It took me an hour to crunch those dates. :cool:. I totally agree... And how could they miss the biggest US city of all? It doesn't add up. :stunned: Canada wants more Coldplay! I really want them to do an exclusively Canadian leg; we get ripped off with so many minor cities as opposed to all the metropolis' in the States. We love them!!! Not to mention they shot the Twisted Logic Tour "movie" and the Mylo Xylotour movie in Toronto and Montreal respectively! On the VLVT, they went to all those minor US cities, so why can't they do the same for Canada? :P

I would love to see that myself if you don't mind? :P

You forgot to add San Fran! :rolleyes:

It makes me wonder why they didn't add more dates. Maybe after Viva they felt it was to much? Maybe they're have something planned?Maybe they just want to end it early and get to work on lp6? Maybe they wanted less concert dates? Who knows.

I totally missed San Fran! I'm sorry... I just remembered them tweeting from San Fran so I assumed they played there! :o.

So you think it could be this:

Either

MX Tour ends late-2012 and LP6 in late 2013/early 2014 with the next tour starting in early 2014.

OR

MX Tour ends late 2013 and LP6 in late 2014/early 2015 with the next tour starting in early 2015.

I like the first one better. :P. All possibilities- great thinking!

USA

New York

Las Vegas

Denver

St. Louis

Phoenix/Glendale

Oklahoma City

Nashville

Columbus

San Francisco*

Hartford

Charlotte

Kansas City

Orlando

Raleigh

Baltimore

New Orleans

Cincinatti

Omaha

San Diego

Salt Lake City

Austin City Limits

Pittsburgh

Indianapolis

Milwaukee

Cleveland

Anaheim

CANADA

Ottawa

Winnipeg

They played ACL last year as part of their festival run.

USA

New York

Las Vegas

Denver

St. Louis

Phoenix/Glendale

Oklahoma City

Nashville

Columbus

San Francisco*

Hartford