✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

when someone asks you what kind of music you like, what do you answer?

Destrokk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tell them that I listen to the kind of music that inspires me and influences me to proceed with whatever I choose to do with my life, and if you have a problem with it, then I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do...

haha ok

I always just say Coldplay, they are really all I listen to. Sure I'll like a couple other songs by other artist but Coldplay actually makes more than 1 good song lol. People would usually respond with one of the following:

1. Are you serious..?

2. So you don't listen to Heavy Metal/Rap??

3. Oh I love Paradise!!! *facepalm*

4. They are too boring

I've only met 1 over person who new more then 5 Coldplay songs in my school lol. I love the fact that I'm better than everyone else :D

"Good music" is my answer.

I say Coldplay ofcourse, why would I say anything different? I am f***ing proud to be a fan!

sigh

it's hard for me to say... when someone asks me i say "i listen mostly to alternative rock, but i listen to rock, indie, pop, metal, funk, jazz, classical, techno, folk... i listen to a lot of genres except for some latin rythms here in argentina that i hate and like... most of the super hard metal. i just like rammstein i don't know what genre it belongs to :P

it's hard for me to say... when someone asks me i say "i listen mostly to alternative rock, but i listen to rock, indie, pop, metal, funk, jazz, classical, techno, folk... i listen to a lot of genres except for some latin rythms here in argentina that i hate and like... most of the super hard metal. i just like rammstein i don't know what genre it belongs to :P[/color]

in 2008 I listened much Emigrate maybe it's the same thing when I'm involved , or not, but not know they really same costumes Rammstein & Coldplay is what is really the same kind of music perhaps ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIrxLfpK36c]Emigrate - Richard Z. Krupse - Blood - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpKDv2vcIgY]Emigrate - Emigrate + Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

in 2008 Hollywood for Coldplay

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_QrX057tjI]Coldplay Cover Amerika rammstein - YouTube[/ame]

Coldplay makes heavy metal :inquisitive:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyo78Ayt90w]RAMMSTEIN WINS BEST LIVE ACT AT GOLDEN GODS, WANTS COLDPLAY TO WIN NEXT YEAR - YouTube[/ame]

Best metal band I have ever discovered and best metal concert I have ever been to. Totally outdoes and outdid Iron Maiden at the AECC last year, and I would go to Manchester to see these guys again if I could, or maybe if they come up and do the AECC... now that would be a concert worth standing up (and getting burnt/soaked/foamed/etc), and Flake is a Coldplay fan, which goes to show how diverse their musical tastes are.

I love rammstein. They're my favourite band. But they're not joking about coldplay. They actually mentioned coldplay, at the echo awards, as part of their inspiration for some of the Reise, Reise/ LIFAD tracks. I know coldplays music isn't exacly rammsteins type, but it's like saying Flake wasn;t imspired by Beethoven

but I research this old article :inquisitive:

Its cool that all of Emigrates songs a writtin by Richard and her wife :D

TheHF il y a 2 ans

edit : said on coldplaying I could listen to music Emigrate as I wanted.

2008 is some years ago and you have not been single all your life as well, so don't worry too much about that. Someone told me the other day this

"they say she is a whore because she had many men, but to me she was special and if she had treated all those guys as me, then they have been very lucky"

(he was referring to a song, hahaha! Not himself) You know, sometimes it's better to have a man that has loved many, than to have one that has loved none.

The past does not always mean that the future will be alike. If he loves life, then that's a good thing! Hehehe, who knows he might infect you with some joy for life ;) As long as the man makes you happy, it's not so bad to have him drinking right?

Thought 'indie' meant 'independent artist' and not really a genre? And I call 'alternative' anything that isn't mainstream.

When people ask me what I listen to I just say "Radiohead ... And Blur" in hopes it doesn't sound too weird. People are usually ok with that kind of answer even though they don't know them.

When people ask me this question, I always say...

"iTunes says it's alternative rock, so I'll go with that. And TimeLord rock." *shrug*

Then they say...

"WTH is alternative rock and TimeLord rock?"

And I say...

"Coldplay. Radiohead. Stuff like that. and TimeLord rock is Chameleon Circuit.

And lastly, they will say...

"Who listens to that?!" And I sigh.

I have the same problem annette.

I just used to say 'Rock' or I'd just say 'Older stuff' when I only listened to Bowie but a lot of what I listen to nowadays isn't that so I just say 'all sorts'. I doubt they would have heard of most of what I listen to.

I don't know why, but this thread makes me laugh!

When one is 30+, nobody cares what "type" of music you listen to!

But, if I am ever asked this question, my standard response is usually "I listen to weird music", and just leave it at that...

I made the mistake of answering "Oh, you know, I like anything really" to this girl at my work...And then had to listen to her ramble on about one direction and justin beiber..

Than I finally just said "Oh ya, kinda not into that kind of music to be honest...Have you heard of Radiohead?..They're my favourite" And yeah, she kinda just stared at me weirdly...

So yeah, that's how it usually goes when I get questions like that.. And if they haven't heard of a band/artist/whatever I mention first, I just keep listing some til they don't care anymore

I usually just panic

Don't Panic!

When someone a lot older than me ask me what kind of music I listen to...that's hard to answer...

Oh, that reminds me, my Grandpa has Soveriegn Light Cafe on his iPhone! Thanks to a certain trip we took to England! :D