✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to Take 2013 Off

Zatchamp

Yeah, Chris is already chummy with Gerry Seinfeld, Jay-Z, Kanye etc. Probably many more. (Agreed about Rihanna.)

This is just my opinion, but I really find LA and the whole Hollywood scene soul-destroying. I know inspired musicians who've moved their and really lost themselves. I just hope Chris can keep his head on straight and his ego in check.

*prepares to have comment condemned*:lol:

I really don't think LA poses any danger to him in that regard beyond what he's just as easily exposed to elsewhere. He's already well integrated into the New York celebrity scene which poses a lot of the same pitfalls.

Plus having been to London, New York and California, I know hands down I'd choose California over the other two if I could live anywhere, strictly in terms of the climate and environs.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think LA poses any danger to him in that regard beyond what he's just as easily exposed to elsewhere. He's already well integrated into the New York celebrity scene which poses a lot of the same pitfalls.

Plus having been to London, New York and California, I know hands down I'd choose California over the other two if I could live anywhere, strictly in terms of the climate and environs.

Interesting. I've also been to all three and would move to LA if Hell froze over,lol. I'm not saying everyone there is shallow, but I met a lot who are. It made London look almost friendly!:lol:

I guess if Chris was going to lose his soul to the temptations of celebrity, he'd have already done it.

Interesting. I've also been to all three and would move to LA if Hell froze over,lol. I'm not saying everyone there is shallow, but I met a lot who are. It made London look almost friendly!:lol:

I guess if Chris was going to lose his soul to the temptations of celebrity, he'd have already done it.

I'd just rather be somewhere it's sunny and warm all the time. ;)

Also, seriously the fruit and produce on the West Coast is fresher than anywhere I've ever been. No lie. It sounds weird but it was unreal, especially the Orange Juice.

I'd just rather be somewhere it's sunny and warm all the time. ;)

Also, seriously the fruit and produce on the West Coast is fresher than anywhere I've ever been. No lie. It sounds weird but it was unreal, especially the Orange Juice.

I love the rain, so I'd be just fine in London, but yes, it's true about the produce.:)

If it's true that the Paltrow-Martins are moving to L.A., I'll bet it has to do with Gwyneth's plans. I wonder if she'll take more prominent movie roles now that the kids are older and will be in school. Chris may play Mr. Dad for the next year, while writing on the side. But then again, like all of us, I'm just guessing.

If it's true that the Paltrow-Martins are moving to L.A., I'll bet it has to do with Gwyneth's plans. I wonder if she'll take more prominent movie roles now that the kids are older and will be in school. Chris may play Mr. Dad for then next year, while writing on the side. But then again, like all of us, I'm just guessing.

I thought that might be the case too, since he's done so much touring the past year. He's probably happy to sit back and let her have the limelight again.

I wonder what the others will do. Guy will probably keep producing other acts. Not likely that any of them would make solo albums, but that would be pretty cool.

If it's true that the Paltrow-Martins are moving to L.A., I'll bet it has to do with Gwyneth's plans. I wonder if she'll take more prominent movie roles now that the kids are older and will be in school. Chris may play Mr. Dad for then next year, while writing on the side. But then again, like all of us, I'm just guessing.

Could be, but I doubt it. She's 40 now, which in "the industry" is normally considered to old for major women's roles in big projects. Most of the kind of stuff she's likely to get offered these days is in line with the sort of stuff she's currently doing.

Yeah, Chris is already chummy with Gerry Seinfeld, Jay-Z, Kanye etc. Probably many more. (Agreed about Rihanna.)

This is just my opinion, but I really find LA and the whole Hollywood scene soul-destroying. I know inspired musicians who've moved their and really lost themselves. I just hope Chris can keep his head on straight and his ego in check.

*prepares to have comment condemned*:lol:

Your right LA would be a bad influence, such a fake plastic place. London grounds them in reality :)

Your right LA would be a bad influence, such a fake plastic place. London grounds them in reality :)

People keep saying that, but I just can't follow. There are plenty of posh rarefied places and celebrity circles in London, and Chris and the rest of the band certainly are certainly a part of them.

People keep saying that, but I just can't follow. There are plenty of posh rarefied places and celebrity circles in London, and Chris and the rest of the band certainly are certainly a part of them.

Oh definitely, but London just has more 'soul' than LA...strictly my opinion though. I was in LA during the Rodney Kingh race riots, so I'm biased.

And yes. I know there was mass rioting in London last year,lol. I'm a hypocrite, but I just can't stand LA. If you're not thin, bleach blonde and surgically altered, you just don't fit in around there, based on experience (Though I do know some great people that live there.:))

Oh definitely, but London just has more 'soul' than LA...strictly my opinion though. I was in LA during the Rodney Kingh race riots, so I'm biased.

And yes. I know there was mass rioting in London last year,lol. I'm a hypocrite, but I just can't stand LA. If you're not thin, bleach blonde and surgically altered, you just don't fit in around there, based on experience (Though I do know some great people that live there.:))

I guess my point is that the "London" Chris lives in is hardly the day to day version experienced by your average joe.

Could be, but I doubt it. She's 40 now, which in "the industry" is normally considered to old for major women's roles in big projects. Most of the kind of stuff she's likely to get offered these days is in line with the sort of stuff she's currently doing.

She's been mentioned as lead actress in a couple of projects.

Can you think of a Coldplay big tour that was limited to North America/Europe?

No, but the South American dates posted here are as yet unconfirmed, so it's possible.

I'd feel bad for the S. Americans and Ozzies, but at the same time, the boys have been working insanely hard over the past 14 months and deserve rest and downtime with their families. 12 days off between tour legs isn't the same as a little stable time at home.

Having said that, I still haven't seen any 'official' confirmation that they're taking 2013 off, and it could also mean they're taking a year after their 2013 touring commitments...

She's been mentioned as lead actress in a couple of projects.

Yes, but mostly smaller films, which she's done fairly consistently even while living in London. Her supporting role in the Iron Man/Avengers franchise is very likely the most major project she's likely to be up for at this point.

Can you think of a Coldplay big tour that was limited to North America/Europe?

The AROBTTH tour only had 2 or 3 south American dates in total, and technically Twisted Logic didn't have any, as the 2007 tour was it's own entity. Historically, Coldplay have been pretty thorough in traveling the globe compared to a lot of bands, but I can think of several major tours by major bands that omitted some or all of the regions in question.

here[/url].

:nod:

That's another rumours, nothing has been confirmed.

Is have not been confirming by the band , but the stadiums are reserved for February and part of March in different countries , so is just about time, September should be the date to confirm.:D

here[/url].

That's another rumours, nothing has been confirmed.

Is have not been confirming by the band , but the stadiums are reserved for February and part of March in different countries , so is just about time, September should be the date to confirm.:D

Just because they bought a house doesn't necessarily mean their completely abandoning London. They own several other properties as well in a variety of locations.

As for the South American Tour, I'm not going to believe anything short of an official announcement, there have been too many "confirmed" dates in the past that never materialized.

Just because they bought a house doesn't necessarily mean their completely abandoning London. They own several other properties as well in a variety of locations.

As for the South American Tour, I'm not going to believe anything short of an official announcement, there have been too many "confirmed" dates in the past that never materialized.

All of this.

Even if it's true they're taking a year off, nothing says it starts Jan. 1st and ends Jan. 1st.

As usual it isn't real until they confirm it, but they sure do deserve some family time. I'll be happy for them if they feel they've achieved enough to just relax for a while.:)

All of this.

Even if it's true they're taking a year off, nothing says it starts Jan. 1st and ends Jan. 1st.

As usual it isn't real until they confirm it, but they sure do deserve some family time. I'll be happy for them if they feel they've achieved enough to just relax for a while.:)

The last year they didn't play a gig was 2004, and seeing as they're all family men now, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did want an extended break. What's the point of success if you can't take some time to enjoy your life?

The last year they didn't play a gig was 2004, and seeing as they're all family men now, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did want an extended break. What's the point of success if you can't take some time to enjoy your life?

Yup again. We're all greedy for new material, but as someone who does music full time, I'm happy to wait as long as it takes for a new album. I know the value of a good rest and time to collect/regroup. Even with all the trappings of success, touring is REALLY HARD WORK and you can burn yourself out at any level of the game if you don't take some 'me time'. I'd rather wait 2 years for them to come back fresh and enthusiastic than see them make another album because they 'should'. Now that their deal's up, it's the perfect time.

If it's true then I say rest easy boys, we'll be here when you're ready to come back.:)

Yup again. We're all greedy for new material, but as someone who does music full time, I'm happy to wait as long as it takes for a new album. I know the value of a good rest and time to collect/regroup. Even with all the trappings of success, touring is REALLY HARD WORK and you can burn yourself out at any level of the game if you don't take some 'me time'. I'd rather wait 2 years for them to come back fresh and enthusiastic than see them make another album because they 'should'. Now that their deal's up, it's the perfect time.

If it's true then I say rest easy boys, we'll be here when you're ready to come back.:)

I could be wrong, but I think they have one more LP plus Parlophone having rights to do a "greatest hits" before their deal is completed.