✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to Take 2013 Off

Zatchamp

I did not see this posted, but Coldplay is going to take 2013 off. Chris will be moving to Los Angeles, and needs a year to settle. Production for LP6 will start in early 2014. I'm not sure how to link on a mobile device, but there are many links reporting it. :\. It makes sense, given how muh they've been on the road...

*edit: this is rumours. Sorry for jumping the gun everyone... :/

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm more surprised to read that they are planning to spend serious time in L.A. I thought the new house was just another added to their collection. If they do wind up making L.A. home, I wonder how the Bakery/Beehive will factor into all that. Will they head back to London when it's time to record?

Hard to believe, I was expecting a second leg US tour. They basically skipped the entire Southwest aside from the three nights in Hollywood. No Phoenix, no Vegas, San Diego or Anaheim.

Agreed. They skipped a lot of cities they went to during the Viva tour that I was planning on attending in the MX tour (Nashville, St. Louis, Indianapolis).

I really was hoping they'd do a South American tour as well for the fans there.

They do deserve the time off though, but I will be surprised if they are able to take one day off! They are such hard workers :D

I did not see this posted, but Coldplay is going to take 2013 off. Chris will be moving to Los Angeles, and needs a year to settle. Production for LP6 will start in early 2014. I'm not sure how to link on a mobile device, but there are many links reporting it. :\. It makes sense, given how muh they've been on the road...

*edit: this is rumours. Sorry for jumping the gun everyone... :/

It was posted in several other threads, it just didn't have an own thread yet. The original article can be found here.

I doubt they will be 'taking a year off', merely lying low doing things out of the spotlight like 2004.

:nod:

Even if they do, they fucking deserve it.

:nod:

These guys are going to tour South America in early 2013.

That's another rumours, nothing has been confirmed.

i'm surprised Coldplay are even capable of taking a DAY off. :P

:lol:

I´m ok with it, if its true. Lets hope they take the time to get new inspiration for the next album. MX was ok, but to be honest, i dont need such an album again. The tour so far is great for those, who

love such an spectacular kind of live-shows.

Personally i prefered sth like the Viva or the The Twisted Logic-Tour, some effects but the focus on the music. And the same i hope for LP 6.....

I am devastated they won't be around for so long :( Undoubtedly they deserve some time off but to think it might be 3 years till I get my next 'live' fix - I can't bear it! I am seriously contemplating spending £250 that I don't have on a ticket for the Closing Ceremony at the Paralympics just so I can see them again! x

Yeah but Jonny said in twitter q&a that they decided on when they want to start making another album. I don't think he'd said that if that was more than a year down the line. But maybe they need a new start - although I don't believe they will tear down Bakery and the Beehive - The Pierces will definitely record their new album with Guy there when this tour ends, and Coldplay can always do what they can there.

This era though will end soon and I can't believe it was only a good year ago when it all really started. :)