✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to Take 2013 Off

Zatchamp

Was thinking along the same lines, something like - Viva, Paradise, Princess of China and Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall.

SharonlovesColdplay - would love to see that happen.

I dunno this not touring in 2013 - does that eliminate one off shows.It just dosent make sense Coldplay not doing an Irish date - after doing 3 for Viva.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, maybe 2013 is the follow up of the 'out of the spotlight years' 2004 and 2007. But I can't believe they would complete take off for a year. Maybe just writing songs or something, but everything complete out of the spotlights.

right. 2004, 2007, and 2010. if they follow their pattern, 2013 was always going to be a down year. i reckon they'll re-charge their batteries, spend time with their families, and write/record an album. that's been the case, more or less, since parachutes. rest/write/record for 18 months; promote/support (tour) an album for 18 months.

right. 2004, 2007, and 2010. if they follow their pattern, 2013 was always going to be a down year. i reckon they'll re-charge their batteries, spend time with their families, and write/record an album. that's been the case, more or less, since parachutes. rest/write/record for 18 months; promote/support (tour) an album for 18 months.

I think they will follow their pattern, but in 2010, we got an South-America tour, and Christmas Lights. but yeas, 2010 was kinda a down year like 2004 and 2007.

Hopefully, if they take an 'out of the spot year' they will start end 2013/begin 2014 without Eno, for a real Coldplay album and if it has to be with Eno, please go on Viva style, and not fowards on Mylo style, one MX is enough, to close the 2nd triology

I think they will follow their pattern, but in 2010, we got an South-America tour, and Christmas Lights. but yeas, 2010 was kinda a down year like 2004 and 2007.

Hopefully, if they take an 'out of the spot year' they will start end 2013/begin 2014 without Eno, for a real Coldplay album and if it has to be with Eno, please go on Viva style, and not fowards on Mylo style, one MX is enough, to close the 2nd triology

right. there was a latin american tour in 2007 also, and there is a rumoured latin american tour in feb/march 2013 innit? christmas lights was a rare treat. we can't count on anything like that again, but who knows?

right. there was a latin american tour in 2007 also, and there is a rumoured latin american tour in feb/march 2013 innit? christmas lights was a rare treat. we can't count on anything like that again, but who knows?

This! And both South (Latin) American tours were fairly early in the year so they still took the rest of the year off.

I think a break will be good for them, disappointed to hear that Chris is following all the other sheep to LA though : (

If the move is true, he isn't following any sheep. He's supporting his wife and that's what people who love each other do for one another.

Well, if they're nominated for next year's Grammys, we may see them in early 2013 for the ceremony :cheesy:

I picture them opening the Grammys 2013 with HLH like they did with Talk in 2006

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6YF_rYfmG0]Coldplay - Talk ( Live at 48th Grammy Awards 2006) - YouTube[/ame]

This! And both South (Latin) American tours were fairly early in the year so they still took the rest of the year off.

:nod:

If the move is true, he isn't following any sheep. He's supporting his wife and that's what people who love each other do for one another.
:nod:

This whole tour was really been smaller then viva's tour. But took it's time because of the festivals in 2011. Viva had way to much American dates. This time Europe had some more (including festivals).

They also announced a year pause after the viva tour, but it wasn't because Christmas lights and the first songs (wedding bells) were debuted end 2010.

I think a year off in 2013 isn't strange. We'll get the live DVD at the end of this year.

It's a nice thing of Chris to do. I'm sure he'll be writing a lot and will fly back to the U.K when he needs to record. I think a year off just implys no touring and no spotlight.

Maybe LA will be to Coldplay what India was to The Beatles. Like maybe a new setting will really inspire him to right really different songs:shrug:

I think it's normal for them to take a 12 month hiatus between every album. They usually end up writing songs while they are with their families (Chris especially), and after they meet up again at the Beehive/Bakery, they put it all together, and write some other new songs. That's usually how it works. But I'm hoping they release an EP to go along with the comics because I'm sure they have unreleased material waiting to be fed to us hungry Coldplayers.

I'm excited about this move to LA, if it's true. If I am able (allowed) to visit him and chat (hopefully he's in a good mood) and maybe get an autograph, this move to LA would be worthwhile for me :D

He would be only 45 minutes away! :O