✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to Take 2013 Off

Zatchamp

I guess they will tour South America and Asia in the first half of 2013. Maybe take a break and write some new songs after that. I'll be happy if they release LP 6 by end of 2014.

If Chris really is moving to LA, I hope I will see him surfing at the sunny California beach. :D

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can they go on a hiatus AFTER an Asian tour and an EP release?!

:P

Was thinking along the same lines, something like - Viva, Paradise, Princess of China and Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall.

SharonlovesColdplay - would love to see that happen.

I dunno this not touring in 2013 - does that eliminate one off shows.It just dosent make sense Coldplay not doing an Irish date - after doing 3 for Viva.

I really think that they will do more shows before their break. There got to be some shows in Ireland and Asia.

Guest howyousawtheworld

If they are taking a year off ie no working together at all for 12 months, then so be it. If Chris Martin is moving to LA permanently then I question the ability for the band to work together effectively. He carries a lot of baggage around with him these days. Maybe it's best they went off and did their own thing for a while and then take it from there.

All of their albums are 3 years apart (except for the first two), so its really not a surprise that 2013 will be a lowkey year with 2014 most likely the year for LP6.

yeah, they had set this trend for their last 3 albums. what pains me is the wait... really. but if ever they do take a break, they deserve it.

If they are taking a year off ie no working together at all for 12 months, then so be it. If Chris Martin is moving to LA permanently then I question the ability for the band to work together effectively. He carries a lot of baggage around with him these days. Maybe it's best they went off and did their own thing for a while and then take it from there.

A lot of bands (especially massive bands), don't live in proximity to each other and still manage to work effectively.

I'm taking all these "reports" with a grain of salt anyway. No one knows what the band will end up doing (likely not even the 4 band members themselves could state that with 100% certainty right now.) Assuming they play no dates after this year (and again until gigs are officially announced, I'm not convinced they will happen), they'll have been touring for the better part of 2 years (counting all the festival gigs from last year) and seeing as they all have families and young children and don't need the money, I don't blame them for wanting an extended break, I'm just not prepared to say that X amount of time "on hiatus" is set in stone at this time. If they don't release anything until 2015, fine a lot of bands have longer gaps between releases, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. ;)

Just my two cents...

well i think it's ok if they take a year off, i mean they need to rest and as long as the next album it's better than this last one it doesn't matter how long it'll take :), but i'll be so sad if they take more than one year off, of course that's not up to all of us and thay probably will take more than one year sooo :(:cry:

Personally I really wouldn't mind them taking a break for a couple of years after their tour, also wouldn't mind seeing an album from them until 2015 or maybe even 2016. The band really loves to change it up, and by that time, they'll be in a completely different point in their lives, enough to produce an album that is ridiculously different from both MX and Viva, something we all know they love to do =p. Plus, it'd be nice to see Coldplay return from the dead after 5 years with yet another album, topping the charts, winning grammys, and headlining festivals. I can't say I won't be at least a little bummed if they'd be gone for that long, but once they get back into the studio and stage for so long, wouldn't help but tear loool.

Personally I really wouldn't mind them taking a break for a couple of years after their tour, also wouldn't mind seeing an album from them until 2015 or maybe even 2016. The band really loves to change it up, and by that time, they'll be in a completely different point in their lives, enough to produce an album that is ridiculously different from both MX and Viva, something we all know they love to do =p. Plus, it'd be nice to see Coldplay return from the dead after 5 years with yet another album, topping the charts, winning grammys, and headlining festivals. I can't say I won't be at least a little bummed if they'd be gone for that long, but once they get back into the studio and stage for so long, wouldn't help but tear loool.

I'm sure even if they're not formally working, they'll still be writing new material. Most musicians can't go long without doing that, especially Chris who seems to write about 50 songs for every one the band ends up using.

I really think that they will do more shows before their break. There got to be some shows in Ireland and Asia.

If they were to follow the VLV tour, they should hit Asia after Aus/NZ - so that would mean in early 2013. I'm really sure that would happen. Surely they won't forget Asia during the MX era. It would be foolish of them to skip us.

And yes, I'm being a little selfish. It looks like I'll be missing the NZ gig so my only hope would be to see them in Singapore and I really hope that would happen. I really want to see a MX era concert. :(

With the comics out next and possibly the DVD (or is it confirmed that it wold be at the end of the year?) it doesn't sound like it would be a quiet year for them. They still need to promote the comic and the DVD right?!

If they were to follow the VLV tour, they should hit Asia after Aus/NZ - so that would mean in early 2013. I'm really sure that would happen. Surely they won't forget Asia during the MX era. It would be foolish of them to skip us.

And yes, I'm being a little selfish. It looks like I'll be missing the NZ gig so my only hope would be to see them in Singapore and I really hope that would happen. I really want to see a MX era concert. :(

With the comics out next and possibly the DVD (or is it confirmed that it wold be at the end of the year?) it doesn't sound like it would be a quiet year for them. They still need to promote the comic and the DVD right?!

I've said it before, but I really don't get why people assume they will play Asia, South American etc. I can think of plenty of big tours that were limited to North America/Europe.

hope its true. i personally think they should take more than a year off maybe two. a release in 2015/16 would be cool.

and also its only chris whos moving to LA right?! not the whole band. why would the rest of them possibly wanna move there! :thinking:

If anyone told me that they are going on a hiatus before MX was released I'd be very dissapointed. But now I'm totally sure they need a break at last. They deserved plus it would be good for inspiration and things.

And Chris had better not move to LA. Really, is anywhere better than London? ;) I just liked the idea of the band working together and, well, living on the same continent. If his family is in America and his work in the UK - it's never easy. And he would be spending a lot less time with either, regarding distance and time spent on travelling. Hope he's got a really good plan to manage it all. Or we'll be hearing Chris Martin's solo album in 2015 instead.

If anyone told me that they are going on a hiatus before MX was released I'd be very dissapointed. But now I'm totally sure they need a break at last. They deserved plus it would be good for inspiration and things.

And Chris had better not move to LA. Really, is anywhere better than London? ;) I just liked the idea of the band working together and, well, living on the same continent. If his family is in America and his work in the UK - it's never easy. And he would be spending a lot less time with either, regarding distance and time spent on travelling. Hope he's got a really good plan to manage it all. Or we'll be hearing Chris Martin's solo album in 2015 instead.

I disagree. Muse haven't lived in close proximity to each other for a long time (until they recorded their upcoming lbum that is...). Not all the members of U2 live primarily in Dublin anymore, Alex Turner lived in New York during the writing of the last Arctic Monkeys album etc. I could go on and on listing examples of successful bands where this sort of arrangement can and has worked. :)

I disagree. Muse haven't lived in close proximity to each other for a long time (until they recorded their upcoming lbum that is...). Not all the members of U2 live primarily in Dublin anymore, Alex Turner lived in New York during the writing of the last Arctic Monkeys album etc. I could go on and on listing examples of successful bands where this sort of arrangement can and has worked. :)

You're right of course - international flights and money not being a problem make it easier for bands to function that way. But after all, there is still that magic of four people playing together in one room, and I just don't want it to be lost at some point, when one member is due to be off to LA, and another one has plans in Norway and the other decide to live in Japan or whatever, and they end up sitting together in a room looking at the clock every 5 minutes and thinking about plane to catch.

Maybe I'm wrong supposing bad stuff, but after duet with Rihanna nothing seems too impossible.:wink3:

My greatest fear though, is that Chris gets friendly with some really 'cool people' in LA. It's Hollywood, babe. :cool:

You're right of course - international flights and money not being a problem make it easier for bands to function that way. But after all, there is still that magic of four people playing together in one room, and I just don't want it to be lost at some point, when one member is due to be off to LA, and another one has plans in Norway and the other decide to live in Japan or whatever, and they end up sitting together in a room looking at the clock every 5 minutes and thinking about plane to catch.

Maybe I'm wrong supposing bad stuff, but after duet with Rihanna nothing seems too impossible.:wink3:

My greatest fear though, is that Chris gets friendly with some really 'cool people' in LA. It's Hollywood, babe. :cool:

I'm pretty sure Chris (and to a lesser extent the rest of the boys) are already fairly chummy with a lot of "hollywood" types.

Chris has already been splitting his time between London and America for some years now, so I don't think their move will be as much of a drastic change as some would assume.

Did Chris or Gwyneth actually say they were moving or is it just tabloid reports?

I also think its strange that it says they are moving to be close to Gwyneth´s mom. But doesn´t she live in New York??

It's a matter of record that they have in fact purchased a house in the Los Angeles area, so that part at least is true. I'm sure even if they move there as their primary residence, they'll still split their time between there and London though. They already split their time between London and New York, so I really don't see how this would be much different.

Yeah, Chris is already chummy with Gerry Seinfeld, Jay-Z, Kanye etc. Probably many more. (Agreed about Rihanna.)

This is just my opinion, but I really find LA and the whole Hollywood scene soul-destroying. I know inspired musicians who've moved their and really lost themselves. I just hope Chris can keep his head on straight and his ego in check.

*prepares to have comment condemned*:lol: